India Fans

As they said at the start that they were told ticket sales were approximately 50-50 but it looked more like 90-10, I would guess less than half. But I don't have an agenda to debate.

Put your fishing rod away.

There’s no agenda, it’s worhty of sensible debate - hence why 3 pages have been filled already.

And Pakistani, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka fans.

Can we have a sensible debate on this issue......

About 80% of today’s crowd were shouting for India. My prediction is that of those 80%, over 90% will have English passports.

Thoughts?
Almost undoubtedly you'll be right. They are a pain in the arse mind, Every single run - bye, no ball, leg bye - greeted like theyve won the world cup. Wears a bit thin after a while.

Almost undoubtedly you'll be right. They are a pain in the arse mind, Every single run - bye, no ball, leg bye - greeted like theyve won the world cup. Wears a bit thin after a while.

This bit I will agree with. It’s massively annoying tbh. The commentators are worse though as they play up to it. Kohli misfielded on about 4 occasions and the last one the commentator proclaimed something like “Kohli never misfields, this is so rare” literally couldn’t be licking his arse anymore. Took great pleasure in beating them today just on this basis

This bit I will agree with. It’s massively annoying tbh. The commentators are worse though as they play up to it. Kohli misfielded on about 4 occasions and the last one the commentator proclaimed something like “Kohli never misfields, this is so rare” literally couldn’t be licking his arse anymore. Took great pleasure in beating them today just on this basis
The one that got me most wound up today was when stokes was out and nasser said something along the lines of what a battle between bumrah and stokes. The Indian fella quips in immediately saying it's a battle that bumrah has won.

Stokes had just twatted 80 runs off about 50 balls basically winning England the game.

The one that got me most wound up today was when stokes was out and nasser said something along the lines of what a battle between bumrah and stokes. The Indian fella quips in immediately saying it's a battle that bumrah has won.

Stokes had just twatted 80 runs off about 50 balls basically winning England the game.

Just surprised he didn’t claim it was Kohli that won it despite not being involved and not even captaining for 80% of the game as Dhoni takes over

Wey I just think it’s a shame more England fans can’t be at the game

It’s a home World Cup

I suspect that a lot of our fans chose to sell tickets onto the crazy Indians around who’ll pay 20-30 times face value for tickets for whatever reason. I know someone who was offered nearly a grand for 4 for today; absolute madness but can see why people would be tempted

Last edited:
And Pakistani, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka fans.

Can we have a sensible debate on this issue......

About 80% of today’s crowd were shouting for India. My prediction is that of those 80%, over 90% will have English passports.

Thoughts?
Without a doubt they have. All those sat round us were and as ever they were sound

They were singing songs like “we are India, say we are India” next door in the Hollies stand

Just surprised he didn’t claim it was Kohli that won it despite not being involved and not even captaining for 80% of the game as Dhoni takes over

I suspect that a lot of our fans chose to sell tickets onto the crazy Indians around who’ll pay 20-30 times face value for tickets for whatever reason. I know someone who was offered nearly a grand for 4 for today; absolute madness but can see why people would be tempted
There are more than enough minted Indians on these shores mate

I was born and raised in London and support Sunderland due to my dad.

No different to a lot of the indian cricket fans today.
100% this and you are all passionate about your number 1 sport

Nowt wrong with that

Last edited:
By the way I love the multicultural nature of Britain, the Pakistan games have been unreal, a real joy to watch, it’s why there should be more tournaments here

I just think at home, should be more guarantee for English fans was like playing away today

Think that’s fair personally

Yeah I don’t like Kohli and it’s nit really because of him it’s the hype surrounding him

Annoys me when they talk about him in tests like he’s way ahead of anyone, Er mate Steve Smith averages 60

Last edited:
Ok so enough with any racist undertones.
I’m born in South Shields and my parents are both from India. In the cricket when India are playing I will always support them and want them to win.
My son, born in South Shields supports England.
There’s 1-2 million people in the UK of indian origin minimum (900,000 applied for India v Pakistan), is say a good 25-50% applied for the 3 big India matches (Pakistan, England & Australia), and these all have British addresses.
In india there’s over 1.3 billion people and around 100 million of those could easily afford to come over for the match. If only 1% of the people who can afford it apply that’s another million.
Cricket is the only sport in India, whereas here we’ve got Football, Cricket, Boxing, Rugby, Athletics, F1, Golf, Tennis, etc of which people will travel and pay to watch.

Some people on here think Sunderland fans are fickle. If India aren’t scoring a 4 of every ball you wouldn’t know the fuckers were in the ground.

Ok so enough with any racist undertones.
I’m born in South Shields and my parents are both from India. In the cricket when India are playing I will always support them and want them to win.
My son, born in South Shields supports England.
There’s 1-2 million people in the UK of indian origin minimum (900,000 applied for India v Pakistan), is say a good 25-50% applied for the 3 big India matches (Pakistan, England & Australia), and these all have British addresses.
In india there’s over 1.3 billion people and around 100 million of those could easily afford to come over for the match. If only 1% of the people who can afford it apply that’s another million.
Cricket is the only sport in India, whereas here we’ve got Football, Cricket, Boxing, Rugby, Athletics, F1, Golf, Tennis, etc of which people will travel and pay to watch.
I’m sure that the national sport of India is hockey?

Put your fishing rod away.

There’s no agenda, it’s worhty of sensible debate - hence why 3 pages have been filled already.

If you moved to Australia, had a kid who was born with an Australian passport, would you not then expect your kid to support England or should they change their allegiance simply because of the physical location they were born and what is written on a piece of paper?

Back