India Fans

And Pakistani, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka fans.

Can we have a sensible debate on this issue......

About 80% of today’s crowd were shouting for India. My prediction is that of those 80%, over 90% will have English passports.

Thoughts?

Thoughts on what? Your made up percentages?

What’s made up? The 80% figure has been widely reported today - including the Warwickshire chief exec just a minute ago on 5Live.

The over 90% was a prediction. What’s your prediction?

Another one who’s proven he isn’t capable of ‘sensible debate’.

What’s worse is how many were in the stadium, our home World Cup and we must have had about 5% of the ground. Barmy army were only given 30 tickets.

What’s made up? The 80% figure has been widely reported today - including the Warwickshire chief exec just a minute ago on 5Live.

The over 90% was a prediction. What’s your prediction?

Another one who’s proven he isn’t capable of ‘sensible debate’.
I haven't a clue what the percentage is, I am not sure what it is you want to debate.

About 80% of today’s crowd were shouting for India. My prediction is that of those 80%, over 90% will have English passports.

Thoughts?
How many Manure fans have Manchester (or British) ones :lol:;)

I haven't a clue what the percentage is, I am not sure what it is you want to debate.

The multinationalism and multiculturalism of the British Isles perhaps?

Also, the willingness of many to gain citizenship but then not ‘support’ their nation, with the acknowledgement that many of the 80% will be third or fourth generation British Asians.

Personally think it’s up for sensible debate as to people’s viewpoint on their first and second country/nationality - especially when you consider the multinationalism in the England cricket team alone. Many people seem keen to discuss that when the topic comes up, so I had hoped we could similarly discuss the makeup of cricket fans under the same ‘banner’.

Thoughts?
double post so deleted

Last edited:
And Polish people who live and work here and support their football team?

The only sensible debate is that there is no debate.

Ticketing on the other hand, that is outrageous.

Nothing sensible about posting a thread with racist undertones

Absolutely ZERO racist undertones whatsoever mate. I’m an active trade unionist and proud supporter of the multiculturalism and multinationalism of our country - the fact that you think the thread has racist undertones is clearly more an indication of your own mindset than mine.

As I said, there’s a sensible debate to be had around the issue in the same way we have sensible debate when a sportsman opts to become nationalised one way or another. See Pieterson (thousands of times on here in the past) and Archer in more recent times.

The multinationalism and multiculturalism of the British Isles perhaps?

Also, the willingness of many to gain citizenship but then not ‘support’ their nation, with the acknowledgement that many of the 80% will be third or fourth generation British Asians.

Personally think it’s up for sensible debate as to people’s viewpoint on their first and second country/nationality - especially when you consider the multinationalism in the England cricket team alone. Many people seem keen to discuss that when the topic comes up, so I had hoped we could similarly discuss the makeup of cricket fans under the same ‘banner’.
I think people can support whatever team they want for whatever reasons they want regardless of what generation they may be. Not sure what the multinationalism of the team has to do with that.

And Polish people who live and work here and support their football team?

The only sensible debate is that there is no debate.

Ticketing on the other hand, that is outrageous.

Firstly, how many of them actually have British citizenship?

Secondly, that debate may come in 50/60 years time when their second and third generation families are still here - like the British Asian community now, many of whom came over and helped to rebuild our country after the Second World War.

Back