India Fans

I think cricket fans from all nations have a connection through the game, as much as the country they choose to follow.

The only negative I have with some fans is the vuvuzelas that blare out. The atmosphere when Pakistan played and the England match at edgbaston was fantastic for me

Whoever plays Australia in the final will have my support

England then marra ;)

I am in England at the moment and had to go to the dentist yesterday.
He was of Indian origin, but born in Tanzania, own parents from Gujarat.

We were on about cricket, and he
brought up this topic, not me.

He was saying that he supported England. The only (theoretical) circumstances that he wouldn't support England, was if England played Tanzania, the country of his birth.
To be honest, it was a bit difficult to have a conversation, as he was poking around in my mouth at the time, blood everywhere, best just to listen.

I guess it was a relatively easy choice for him, but he was a first generation immigrant who had no real affinity for India.

I know a few East African Asian immigrants who feel the same way.

For people born in England, I guess it just comes down the basic choice to do you support the country (or team) of your parents or not.

Speaking for myself, living in Spain, I always wish Spain well, in any sport, unless they are playing England.

If I had emigrated to Australia, and my kids had Aussie accents, I’d still want them to support England and Sunderland..it wouldn’t mean I was anti Australia but it’s just where your heart lies. They’re cricket lovers, that’s the main thing.
Your last sentence says it all for me. I dont give a shite who they support. Doesn't affect me at all.

Lankans worse today mind. One (with f***ing stupid southern accent) told me not to sit in my seat and sit further along as he wanted some space (Bruv :lol:). Told him to fuck off (politely) and it was a sell out so he would have to put up with sitting next to someone eventually even if I moved. Also one behind me won't f***ing shut up. Indians have been fine

Back