India Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I enjoy watching India fans getting quieter as the day goes on, when they realise a defeat is forthcoming

Never bothered me, people with British passports and born here, choosing to support the nation of their forefathers

I once spent a full day, with Pakistan fans, way back in the days of games up ropery lane

They taught me what zindabad meant. Each to their own imo, apart from when the Yorkies come up here, in the don robson stand for the t20s. Uncouth heathens
Basing your opinion on Yorkies on the T20 then piss up in Newcastle afterwards brigade?

There’s a hell of a lot of them. And they are passionate enough to pay stupid money on the secondary markets.

See above

Aye, they’re very passionate like - can’t disagree with that. According to the Warwickshire chief exec they weren’t letting people in who bought secondary tickets. So what do you believe?

Do you think Indian fans are as passionate by 4:1 though? When this is our first World Cup in 20 years and we’re number one in the world playing against number 2?

Aye, they’re very passionate like - can’t disagree with that. According to the Warwickshire chief exec they weren’t letting people in who bought secondary tickets. So what do you believe?

Do you think Indian fans are as passionate by 4:1 though? When this is our first World Cup in 20 years and we’re number one in the world playing against number 2?

It’s probably more like 10:1 tbf....they’re crazy about cricket in the same way we are about footy.

I simply don’t believe that there was no secondary market for this

And yeah. Probably. They’re mad for it

Aye, they’re very passionate like - can’t disagree with that. According to the Warwickshire chief exec they weren’t letting people in who bought secondary tickets
Shite that mind. Gullible and more money than sense yes but no point not letting genuine fans in when the tout scum have already got their money

That's right, and I kind of liked that, they seemed a joyous bunch. In fact the sig tune of BBC cricket is still based on the rhythm of a makeshift whatsits .. an empty coke can with a few stones in it.
Never a bad time

It’s fine to me, same with the West Indies, I wouldn’t expect ex colonials give up supporting the lands of their forefathers, a cricket pitch was a place they could enjoy equal status rather than subjugation.

Equally happy to welcome any that want to represent their old imperial rulers.

And Pakistani, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka fans.

Can we have a sensible debate on this issue......

About 80% of today’s crowd were shouting for India. My prediction is that of those 80%, over 90% will have English passports.

Thoughts?
I have absolutely no issue with someone with a British passport supporting India.

I have a bit of an issue with us playing a home world cup and it being so hard for us to get tickets for today.

Firstly, how many of them actually have British citizenship?

Secondly, that debate may come in 50/60 years time when their second and third generation families are still here - like the British Asian community now, many of whom came over and helped to rebuild our country after the Second World War.
I am not sure to be honest but neither do I care. That is the country of origin and fair play to them.

My only gripe is with the ticketing.

I think it’ll be pretty close to the true figure. What’s your thoughts?
As they said at the start that they were told ticket sales were approximately 50-50 but it looked more like 90-10, I would guess less than half. But I don't have an agenda to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back