I'm proud of my support .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every club has its hardcore. It’s like a family particularly going to away games.
Over 500 Swindon yesterday a decent turnout when you consider the percentage of our fans that travel away. Always has a decent sway following.
Two lads with me yesterday, one travelled from Scotland the other Preston.

Surely those players of yours need to look at the away following and think fuck it I’m going to run myself into the ground.

Lovely interview with our Manager after Carlisle away, our first game and his first game in charge and a brand new team.
Nearly 700 had made the trip up and were singing before the game.
Apparently went in the changing room and said you know what to do but more importantly he acknowledged the supporters and couldn’t believe the numbers we had taken. Please do it for them he said.

Our lass used to worry about me going to away games when the other lads couldn't get.

But she's come to realise that I always meet an old mate on the train, in the pub or at the ground no matter where I go.

It's absolutely wonderful and a great part of my life.

Goodnight ladies - play nice ya fuckers:lol:

I'll play any way I like mate ...... I don't come on here to make friends.

If someone's a boring wanker I'll speak my mind and call them one, too many excuses made for these tossers imo.

Last edited:
Our lass used to worry about me going to away games when the other lads couldn't get.

But she's come to realise that I always meet an old mate on the train, in the pub or at the ground no matter where I go.

Where as Mrs Wakey just worries about me ever getting home ;)

But get ya message, it is special

I'll play any way I like mate ...... I don't come on here to make friends.

If someone's a boring wanker I'll speak my mind and call them one, too many excuses made for these tossers imo.

Nee need for that like. I'll hold out the olive branch. You can come over and suck the puss out of my piles anytime you like. Can't get much fairer than that!

Fans have every right to be proud of their support for the club but it's the arseholes in charge that have got fans having a go at each other, our clubs in a right mess and only looks to be getting worse.

In truth it's not about the losing, for as long as I've known we've never got accustomed to winning games or being f***ing brilliant, we're still using the Reid days as any yardstick for recent success! it's the way the club is being run into the ground by the board and playing staff employed that really annoys the fans I speak to...there's just no effort or respect.

I pick and choose games now and no matter who we play, every game is exactly like the one before it...it's groundhog day but instead of a Bill Murray comedy, it's just a comedy of basic errors.

I've got nothing but respect for the fans that go week in week out, home and away....if the staff and players put in the same kind of effort then posts like this and the division between fans wouldn't exist.

It's always a good excuse to visit the capital mind.

Last edited:
Tuning in from the other side of the world and seeing those empty seats on the tele, hit me hard.
Utter respect to those who attend and to those that turn up at away games, proud of you all.
Where do we go from here? That's anyone's guess.
Still looking forward to my next UK visit and teaming up with the lads, the true core of the support, no matter who we are playing.

Tuning in from the other side of the world and seeing those empty seats on the tele, hit me hard.
Utter respect to those who attend and to those that turn up at away games, proud of you all.
Where do we go from here? That's anyone's guess.
Still looking forward to my next UK visit and teaming up with the lads, the true core of the support, no matter who we are playing.

So it's all about you having a good time. TBH I couldn't give a shit if you were rooted to the spot now and never watched Sunderland again as long as we are in the prem next season.

Some who travel away revel in their clubs failure, it makes them stand out more, other people , especially those 50 +have other interests other than just away games, just saying like.

Everybody should be proud of their support for the club. Not just season ticket holders or die hard away followers or the countless number that stay up to the early hours around the World. This club should be proud of US! We are this club and the only reason this club exists. Short should be ashamed at how he's run our club, but is he? Is he f*ck. This is just a billionaires toy, he has no sense of the club's history, no idea how much the club means to the fans or to the area in general. The man doesn't have a clue about football or the ability to bring in the people that do know.

All our supporters deserve to be recognized, we're the best the World has ever had.

Everybody should be proud of their support for the club. Not just season ticket holders or die hard away followers or the countless number that stay up to the early hours around the World. This club should be proud of US! We are this club and the only reason this club exists. Short should be ashamed at how he's run our club, but is he? Is he f*ck. This is just a billionaires toy, he has no sense of the club's history, no idea how much the club means to the fans or to the area in general. The man doesn't have a clue about football or the ability to bring in the people that do know.

All our supporters deserve to be recognized, we're the best the World has ever had.

That should be pinned on the wall of the changing room and the current lot should read it. I have no time for Grayson as I don't feel he could muster a wet fart after a madras.

Its all about me,me,me:rolleyes:
What an absolute **** you are. Solid old time/lad letting us all know his support isn't wavering and all you can come up with is that. What a f***ing prick. Stay away lad and let us who will continue/renew our faith as our father's brought to us to believe get on with supporting our club.

What an absolute **** you are. Solid old time/lad letting us all know his support isn't wavering and all you can come up with is that. What a f***ing prick. Stay away lad and let us who will continue/renew our faith as our father's brought to us to believe get on with supporting our club.
You fancy him

Supporters such as yourself are all that is currently good about SAFC.

However I am embarrassed at how shit this once great club is currently and I can't understand how anyone with any affiliation to SAFC can feel any other way.

It has been nothing more than a yoyo club since I started supporting it in 1964. But that is neither here nor there. I was ecstatic when we won the cup but I wasn't proud, in the same way I have been pissed off with the team's performances but not embarrassed by them.

It has been nothing more than a yoyo club since I started supporting it in 1964. But that is neither here nor there. I was ecstatic when we won the cup but I wasn't proud, in the same way I have been pissed off with the team's performances but not embarrassed by them.

Living down here if I get the piss take from Liverpool man u fans etc about our poor performance, or how shit we are as so eloquently put, I point to the fans and the away support etc.
It's acknowledged by most that even through bad times safc fans have turned up an supported the team, fancy dress and a party at the final game of a season with relegation was the character respected by others.
Booing isn't support it's just indifference and negative imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back