I'm proud of my support .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolute **** you are. Solid old time/lad letting us all know his support isn't wavering and all you can come up with is that. What a f***ing prick. Stay away lad and let us who will continue/renew our faith as our father's brought to us to believe get on with supporting our club.
Who cares if his supports wavering or not man, why the need to announce it? There's still 25k hardcore going week in week out and don't see them announcing it on here for pats on the back.

People I often work with are the usual Arse, Chelsea + a few Brighton. They soon learn not to take the piss cos they know I don't give a fuck what they think & I follow the club & shirt, not the temporary tossers wearing it at any one time.
Plus I know they appreciate the loyalty I show :)
I quite enjoy it tbh. These Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, arsenal fans can keep it. They will never know what real football support is like. I pity them more than the other way round. I love referencing some obscure game from 20 years ago when they moan on about something. Makes me feel all superior despite how shit we are.

I support my club whether we're at Wembley or Burton ...... I'd be embarrassed to vary my support depending on results tbh.
That’s fair enough Reiv and I do the same. But it massively effects how I feel about going. I’ll still show up but at the moment can’t find it in me to be enthusiastic.

I'll be honest, it was a struggle to drag myself to the match on Saturday.

38 years of attending matches and I'm at a low point, Ha'way man Sunderland sort this shit out.

Some tough times and some excellent times but still feels a drug that I have to go.
Do everything I can never to miss a home game and if I do I am miserable.
Going to every away game and going with my lads makes it enjoyable.
I find the escape from work a massive plus, spending quality time with my kids fantastic and simply love doing something I always have done.
@Reiver summed it up. You go to away games and you are not alone.
My kids don’t get it just yet but pissed up 50 year old plus blokes wanting to hug their Dad inside and outside of grounds.
It’s like we have grown up together, missed trains, escaped some difficult places and another year older. “Remember when........”
Many people don’t get it although a fair few on here will do like @Maximus
In a simple term it’s a massive part of my life and showing no signs whatsoever of changing.

Just living 9 miles away from SOL I sort of feel obliged to go to home games out of blind loyalty. Don't really enjoy them though except the banter beforehand and after match. Trouble is in current climate I have to endure this 23 times!

When I lived darn sarf in '70s and early '80s used to manage about 1/2 of all away games all season and manage about 4 trips to Roker Park. Away Games were/are always enjoyable as was the occasional trip to Roker Park.

Those fans who don't live near enough to SOL have a reasonable excuse (not meant as a dig) not to attend home games, which honestly are a bit of a chore. I know if I was living away there is no way I would bother travelling up to SOL every other week. I still 100% support the lads though.

Away Games are a different matter!

I really admire the like of Kent FTM who appears to go to most away games and makes the trip to SOL for most games ( I know there will be others as well)

Just living 9 miles away from SOL I sort of feel obliged to go to home games out of blind loyalty. Don't really enjoy them though except the banter beforehand and after match. Trouble is in current climate I have to endure this 23 times!

When I lived darn sarf in '70s and early '80s used to manage about 1/2 of all away games all season and manage about 4 trips to Roker Park. Away Games were/are always enjoyable as was the occasional trip to Roker Park.

Those fans who don't live near enough to SOL have a reasonable excuse (not meant as a dig) not to attend home games, which honestly are a bit of a chore. I know if I was living away there is no way I would bother travelling up to SOL every other week. I still 100% support the lads though.

I really admire the like of Kent FTM who appears to go to most away games and makes the trip to SOL for most games ( I know there will be others as well)

When I see @KENT-FTM on Satda morn at Waterloo, I'll tell him he has an "admirer" ;)
Not something Ive heard to do with him before ;) ;) ;)

Steady on marra, I'm not such an uber fan.

Go to "most" away games.....but home games get to as many as i can. Been to 3 so far and was looking at coming up for the Bristol City game...@Wakey ftm in Sussex big 60 bash....but it's looking like £100+ on the train alone as I've left it too late.

If I can't get it cheaper I'll have to give it a miss (something I hate doing if I've the Saturday off):evil:

If he ever travelled with London Branch in mid 70Ss I would probably know him by sight. Is he a looker? :cool:

Me a looker......?:eek:

That's the funniest thing I've heard all year;):lol:

I quite enjoy it tbh. These Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, arsenal fans can keep it. They will never know what real football support is like. I pity them more than the other way round. I love referencing some obscure game from 20 years ago when they moan on about something. Makes me feel all superior despite how shit we are.

Most of the above teams "fans" you mentioned in that list have never set foot in a football stadium....just strut along their southern towns/city's in their £60+ replica shirts looking complete kernts:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If he ever travelled with London Branch in mid 70Ss I would probably know him by sight. Is he a looker? :cool:

I would guess not tbh, I did now & again, sharing trains mostly from home games. I also once organised a cricket match between my village team & the SAFCSALB.
Is he a looker? is that cockney rhyming slang ;) ;)

The way I see it, the club is in trouble, big trouble. An owner who wants out, debts we can barely manage and a team that has struggled so far.

Now is not the time for me to give up on something that has been a big part of my life for many, many years. It isn't pretty just now, but while I can afford to I will stand by the club and continue to support it.

Fair enough, if the cost is too much to bear, but I would urge those who can to fill the stadium, and help make the club look at least somewhat attractive to potential new owners.

Some who travel away revel in their clubs failure, it makes them stand out more, other people , especially those 50 +have other interests other than just away games, just saying like.

I'm 50+

I've had a good time at Preston and Barnsley this season, spending a day with mates and having a couple of beers

This weekend I'm combining that with a stay in London with the wife. She can happily shop in Harrods whilst I'm at Brentford, and we've got 3 restaurants booked in Chelsea, to have a good break away together.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing

Who cares if his supports wavering or not man, why the need to announce it?
There's still 25k hardcore going week in week out and don't see them announcing it on here for pats on the back.

40+ people got the point of the OP but you, as usual, contrived to miss it ..... no surprise.

You have no idea about the subject of the thread but you just can't resist another sly dig at anything to do with Sunderland.

You love to post that our support, especially away, isn't worth mentioning ..... yet you just had to come on to post about the Mags attendance at Southampton :rolleyes:

That's just how you are, nothing wrong with it but you'll no doubt deny it as usual.

This notion that fans attending are part of the problem and take some blame is laughable and quite frankly ridiculous

Depends on what they choose to do when they are there I guess.....A non attending fan does not kill a players confidence, a fan who turns up and takes the piss out of their full back cause he is having a shocker does.....Never understood how a fan thinks giving a player with little confidence shit, will somehow boost that confidence; would love somebody to explain it cause Im completely missing it?

Depends on what they choose to do when they are there I guess.....A non attending fan does not kill a players confidence, a fan who turns up and takes the piss out of their full back cause he is having a shocker does.....Never understood how a fan thinks giving a player with little confidence shit, will somehow boost that confidence; would love somebody to explain it cause Im completely missing it?
Personally I don't like what happened to Matthews, it was utterly pointless however I realise some fans react like that through sheer frustration

Some tough times and some excellent times but still feels a drug that I have to go.
Do everything I can never to miss a home game and if I do I am miserable.
Going to every away game and going with my lads makes it enjoyable.
I find the escape from work a massive plus, spending quality time with my kids fantastic and simply love doing something I always have done.
@Reiver summed it up. You go to away games and you are not alone.
My kids don’t get it just yet but pissed up 50 year old plus blokes wanting to hug their Dad inside and outside of grounds.
It’s like we have grown up together, missed trains, escaped some difficult places and another year older. “Remember when........”
Many people don’t get it although a fair few on here will do like @Maximus
In a simple term it’s a massive part of my life and showing no signs whatsoever of changing.
You make it sound such fun, so attractive when in reality it’s shit. For the last time I only go cos there’s never owt on the telly.;)

There’s still that thrill of always bumping into the usual suspects literally anywhere in the country - it keeps me going and it’s my main vice. I suppose we’re all a bit weird truth be told but I’d not have it any other way. :cool:

The way I see it, the club is in trouble, big trouble. An owner who wants out, debts we can barely manage and a team that has struggled so far.

Now is not the time for me to give up on something that has been a big part of my life for many, many years. It isn't pretty just now, but while I can afford to I will stand by the club and continue to support it.

Fair enough, if the cost is too much to bear, but I would urge those who can to fill the stadium, and help make the club look at least somewhat attractive to potential new owners.
Fill villa park for a midweek away while we’re on :lol:

40+ people got the point of the OP but you, as usual, contrived to miss it ..... no surprise.

You have no idea about the subject of the thread but you just can't resist another sly dig at anything to do with Sunderland.

You love to post that our support, especially away, isn't worth mentioning ..... yet you just had to come on to post about the Mags attendance at Southampton :rolleyes:

That's just how you are, nothing wrong with it but you'll no doubt deny it as usual.
I did get the point as did others that it's a way of shoe horning in yet another announcement that you are going to watch Sunderland play. It's the same every game yiu attend which thankfully isn't many or we'd be subject to more of these self congratulatory threads.
Whatever happened to just respectfully and understatedly following your club. It's getting more and more like Facebook this place with you. You'll be telling us you're off to feed the ducks again soon no doubt :rolleyes:

Every club has its hardcore. It’s like a family particularly going to away games.
Over 500 Swindon yesterday a decent turnout when you consider the percentage of our fans that travel away. Always has a decent sway following.
Two lads with me yesterday, one travelled from Scotland the other Preston.

Surely those players of yours need to look at the away following and think fuck it I’m going to run myself into the ground.

Lovely interview with our Manager after Carlisle away, our first game and his first game in charge and a brand new team.
Nearly 700 had made the trip up and were singing before the game.
Apparently went in the changing room and said you know what to do but more importantly he acknowledged the supporters and couldn’t believe the numbers we had taken. Please do it for them he said.

I've always preferred away games with exception of a packed Roker Park under floodlights.

It's times like this that it's easy for supporters to fall out but I hate to criticise anyone.

People are entitled to stop going, pick their games or whatever .... if people come back, after a break, they're fine with me.

I get frustrated because, for me, it's all or nothing.

But, as you say, it's a family and families bicker & fight when times are tough ;)

I did get the point as did others that it's a way of shoe horning in yet another announcement that you are going to watch Sunderland play. It's the same every game yiu attend which thankfully isn't many or we'd be subject to more of these self congratulatory threads.
Whatever happened to just respectfully and understatedly following your club. It's getting more and more like Facebook this place with you. You'll be telling us you're off to feed the ducks again soon no doubt :rolleyes:

I don't need to shoe horn anything ...... I'm going to a Sunderland game and am very happy to talk about that on a Sunderland forum with Sunderland supporters.

I've sorted out tickets for 3 people at Brentford, had someone find me a spare and made arrangements with a few lads on where to meet up for a drink.

All with the help of this board and that's what we do, lots of us but, of course, you take exception with me.

You never come on with travel or ticket info, or post arrangements for 'meet ups' because of the kind of person you are, so you don't understand.

This forum is an important place to exchange info about travel, tickets, pubs, etc.

If you don't want to have to suffer my posts just put me on ignore and stop bothering me.

When you say 'You'll be telling us' you actually mean you because you don't speak on behalf of anyone except your pathetic multiple log ins :lol:

Now, you've made your point, so you've no need to keep repeating yourself ..... some people are enjoying the thread.

BTW, any answer, "You love to post that our support, especially away, isn't worth mentioning ..... yet you just had to come on to post about the Mags attendance at Southampton."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back