Hospital parking charges for staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't you just pay the extra amount when leaving ?

I've always done that and had no issues.

It was three years ago and I can't remember it saying that. Not saying it didn't mind as I'm hopeless at remembering things :oops:

Prefer pay on leaving though so it doesn't matter if you get delayed.

My only sympathy goes to those staff who's shifts start and finish outside of public transport times. I'd love to get public transport to work, I'd save 1000s every year.

Have you ever been on a bus or a train? I suggest doing some research before making claims like that.

This. I parked at the private one at Durham a couple of months ago as the main one was full. All three ticket machines were out of order and I was going in for an operation so a bit flustered. I left a note, checked again when I got back out, nowt on windscreen.

10 weeks later I get a 'parking charge' with pictures of my car , £90 or £45 if I pay now. Normally I might have ignored it and let them bring it on, but I've got enough on without a bunch of sharks chasing me and threatening court so I paid up.

You should have gone and spoken to the car park people in the visitors car park and they would have sorted it out for you. When my daughter had surgery she drove in but couldn't drive home as she had a general anaesthetic. She spoke to the car park attendant and arranged for the car to stay overnight in the car park and she collected it the next morning. She didn't have to pay anything extra.

Last edited:
Firstly, I have every sympathy for them not being able to park for free. I know there are exceptions, but many of us enjoy free parking in an ample company provided car park but I have a couple of issues:

- if you've already received a ticket and you decide to be a repeat offenders then you must accept that you're taking a huge risk

- the radio article I heard earlier suggested that the worst three offenders were being pursued on the basis of 100 fines between them. The company made no comment on the recovery of their costs

That leads me to believe that the £26k bill for the lass in the article, on top of her fines, is her share of the bill for challenging the decision.

I genuinely feel for her, as I'm sure anyone would, but she's a daft cow.

Fortunately, Corbyn will reimburse her and her colleagues.

Have you ever been on a bus or a train? I suggest doing some research before making claims like that.

You should have gone and spoken to the car park people in the visitors car park and they would have sorted it out for you. When my daughter had surgery she drove in but couldn't drive home as she had a general anaesthetic. She spoke to the car park attendant and arranged for the car to stay overnight in the car park and she collected it the next morning. She didn't have to pay anything extra.
There isn't any 'car park people' in that car park. I've read there's a bloke waits in his own car who goes round taking the photos.

Disgraceful that they have to pay to park where they work ffs. Absolutely disgraceful.

Whoever implemented parking fines for hospitals? Was it Blair or was it Brown? Dreadful decision, one which the Coalition, Cameron or May should really have repealed.
Oh we are told we shouldn't whine because we can always leave 30 mins earlier and pay £1.80 a day for the park and ride :rolleyes:

You would? Public transport is expensive as fuck. £6 from Crook to Durham, it's 9 miles.

I'd tell the private firm to f***ing do one myself, no doubt they'll be some champions of the private sector to stick up for them on here.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.
Arise sir monkeytassle

These parking companies are sharks man, disgrace thst nurses, cleaners etc have to pay £30-40 a month to park. Shame they dont work in a Scottish hospital. Also a disgrace they use these sharks to chase people down for parking fees by the minute.
Thatcher's England.

Last edited:
Disgraceful that they have to pay to park where they work ffs. Absolutely disgraceful.

Whoever implemented parking fines for hospitals? Was it Blair or was it Brown? Dreadful decision, one which the Coalition, Cameron or May should really have repealed.
It's the same as lots of businesses.

Hopefully the staff in the north east aren't as dim as those buffoons

Last edited:
It's a tough one to call. Many hospitals are in town and city centres where space is sparse. You offer car parking free and by 9am they will be full with city workers and those who need it for the hospital will be fucked.

How many spaces do you offer for staff at the end of the day... Allocate one per person ?

Many places up and down the country do t have enough parking for all the staff.

The article I read said they could have parked a 15 minute walk away...

That is bugger all at the end of the day.

I do 20 minutes each way to the train station. I bet there are some parking there who live no more than 15-20 minutes walk away

It's a tough one to call. Many hospitals are in town and city centres where space is sparse. You offer car parking free and by 9am they will be full with city workers and those who need it for the hospital will be fucked.

How many spaces do you offer for staff at the end of the day... Allocate one per person ?

I do 20 minutes each way to the train station. I bet there are some parking there who live no more than 15-20 minutes walk away
All good points. I need my car for work tho so i either pay or inconvenience myself considerably by parking a fair way away from the site. (Which I do).

paramedic used to live nextdoor & get tickets for parking on main road, but allways got them scrapped as said needed car there incase of major incident & had to get to work ASAP. (but they weren't private parking)

did they not think when ignoring these fine's,tickets etc, that someone's been employed in a job to go round giving these tickets out & they don't know where people work / have a note saying hospital worker.

You would? Public transport is expensive as fuck. £6 from Crook to Durham, it's 9 miles.

I'd tell the private firm to f***ing do one myself, no doubt they'll be some champions of the private sector to stick up for them on here.

Fuck them. Fuck them all.
I bet County Durham has roughly the most expensive worst public transport system in the country.

It would cost me £6 a day to get the bus to work and back. It's 3 miles away.

Is it bugger all at the end of a 12/13 hour day or night shift. With possibly another 30-minutes to an hour drive home?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...g-after-punishing-night-shifts-the-bbc-learns

As for free parking will mean city workers will just park there, I'm sure they could manage some sort of parking permit or ANPR for staff only??

Is it bugger all at the end of a 12/13 hour day or night shift. With possibly another 30-minutes to an hour drive home?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...g-after-punishing-night-shifts-the-bbc-learns

As for free parking will mean city workers will just park there, I'm sure they could manage some sort of parking permit or ANPR for staff only??

It seems they have a staff parking programme by i say.. how many do you allocate. If staff then take up most he carparks where are patients going too park.

As I said it can be a tough one especially when space is limited

You need to be innovative. Offer guaranteed space for those that carshare for instance

The supermarkets do. For stores where I'm going to be working longer than the maximum parking time, they have either a terminal that you type your registration number in or it's noted in a log book that the parking attendant checks before issuing tickets.

Of course I have. It's not very often as I live rurally and every 2 hrs from 0700-1700 isn't great for getting about. I used the buses and tube in London when I lived there and I cycled to work as Heathrow was easier by bike than tube from where we lived. If I lived in a city now, we would only have 1 car (like what we did in London)as opposed to 2 for sure.

It seems they have a staff parking programme by i say.. how many do you allocate. If staff then take up most he carparks where are patients going too park.

As I said it can be a tough one especially when space is limited

You need to be innovative. Offer guaranteed space for those that carshare for instance

Aye there's definitely not enough space. I know some hospitals will guarantee workers on night shifts free parking, but I don't know how common that is?

The people hit with these fines have gone about this the completely wrong way as well. Can't see how they were ever going to win.

That would be an additional expense (on top of losing the current income from parking).

If it's a choice between sacking x% of nurses and providing free parking for those that are there, I know what I'd choose.

Aye there's definitely not enough space. I know some hospitals will guarantee workers on night shifts free parking, but I don't know how common that is?

The people hit with these fines have gone about this the completely wrong way as well. Can't see how they were ever going to win.

Nightshifts are never going to be such an issue as you generally park on the street etc through that time as restrictions will run 9-6 or whatever.

The ones with the finest here definitely.

You get one ticket you think oh... You get 2 you think better look at some alternative parking..

To carry on is stupid ity and arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back