Hospital parking charges for staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most staff working in central London live outside London well beyond zone 6 as these areas inside the worlds best transport system are well out of their reach. How does someone get to Basingstoke, Ayslesbury, Southend via public transport in the early hours of the morning? It's not achievable to live anywhere within zone 6 on £40k.

I'd be interested to see how people who work in central London and clock off at 2am live outside of the city itself. Very few I'd imagine, it's a completely ridiculous situation and one where you'd consider moving /changing job.

You can live in zone one on 40k anyway, though obviously can't buy.

I'd be interested to see how people who work in central London and clock off at 2am live outside of the city itself. Very few I'd imagine, it's a completely ridiculous situation and one where you'd consider moving /changing job.

You can live in zone one on 40k anyway, though obviously can't buy.
Leaving university with 40k of debt you get offered jobs where people don't want to work as they can't afford too. I shared a house whilst working shift work in London and it's not really workable unless everyone else is also a shift worker. Rent on a 1 bedroom flat inside zone 6 is going to be over 1k a month so living outside London is the choice of so many.
I used to cycle from Ruislip to Fulham for work as the transport was shit after midnight (17 yrs ago now so before congestion charge )
and traffic getting in was so bad. Nearly everyone working at Fulham lived out as it was unaffordable back then so god knows what it's like now going into central ambulance stations. Fire have the same issues. Police get free transport I believe.

Did you read the article? I sympathise with your view but that particular hospital has 6,000 staff and only 1,800 parking places. Where are visitors going to park if the staff all get free parking for work?

I suppose ideally the local authority should build a large staff car park away from the hospital and run a shuttle service to and fro. A hospital park-and-ride, if you like.
Didn't the article say there was a Park & Ride operating for £1?

Not sure if that's 24 hours a day mind.

I used to drive through the hospital car park at Cardiff when my daughter lived there. All the streets around were nightmare for parking, I guess as a result of there not being enough spaces at the hospital.

Disgraceful that they have to pay to park where they work ffs. Absolutely disgraceful.

Whoever implemented parking fines for hospitals? Was it Blair or was it Brown? Dreadful decision, one which the Coalition, Cameron or May should really have repealed.
Why disgraceful? Why should anyone expect to be able to park at work? I work at a hospital and there is a park &ride for staff. Pisses me off the amount of staff that say they have to be able to park 2 yards from their place of work

Didn't the article say there was a Park & Ride operating for £1?

Not sure if that's 24 hours a day mind.

I used to drive through the hospital car park at Cardiff when my daughter lived there. All the streets around were nightmare for parking, I guess as a result of there not being enough spaces at the hospital.
Our park & ride isn't 24 hours but out of hours all staff can park on site

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent a couple of weeks visiting Sunderland... if you attend twice a day visiting for 2 hours it works out £6 a day. The robbing gets

What they don't advertise, if you ask inside, you can get a month's parking for £20

Spent a couple of weeks visiting Sunderland... if you attend twice a day visiting for 2 hours it works out £6 a day. The robbing gets

What they don't advertise, if you ask inside, you can get a month's parking for £20

f***ing hell, that's doubled in the last 3 years. It is advertised btw.

http://chsft.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/parking/

Monthly Visitor/Patient Parking Permits

If you regularly attend the hospital either as a patient or a visitor, you can purchase a discounted monthly car parking permit. Please complete the attached form which should be handed in at Main Reception, Kayll Road Block.

f***ing hell, that's doubled in the last 3 years. It is advertised btw.

http://chsft.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/parking/

Monthly Visitor/Patient Parking Permits

If you regularly attend the hospital either as a patient or a visitor, you can purchase a discounted monthly car parking permit. Please complete the attached form which should be handed in at Main Reception, Kayll Road Block.

Aye, I meant on the sign above the meter where they have the hourly rate. Not many people going to check online

Tin hat on but would it work out less expensive to park on or in front of a residential driveway near to the hospital?

My civil law isn't up to scratch but the house owner could get done for vandalism if they damage your car.

As far as I know it's not illegal to block a driveway if a car isn't already parked on it. But it is illegal to block a car on a driveway.
You'll need a tin hat if you blocked my driv3way

Unicycles.
Provided by unison?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back