Golf 2021

Throston was brutal today like. Beat my mate on @MacRowners scoring system!:lol:

Soaking everywhere, gale force winds n rain.
Wont publicise score but highlight was two huge puts by me n an 50 yard chip in by mate.

Macrowners scoring system.
First 3 holes combined score winner gets 2 points, second 1 pt.
Same for next 3 n next 3 etc.

Keeps it interesting even if 1 bloke well ahead on total score, other has a chance!

Glad you enjoyed it SPUFF mate.

Unfortunately Anth and I couldn't play yesterday snow and hail at GW. We done something similar in the driving range loosened up then 'played' made up holes. Anth give a par 3 120 to the front of the pond 150 to the back and 160 to the middle of the green. 170 OB. That man has a mean streak. we did play several 600 yard holes too.

Not funny or easy when I nailed a drive 250+ the landed in the 190 area. I hit a 2iron 200-220 and it was landing 160-170.

Me thinks the range balls a GW are 50-80% balls.

However it meant the squaddies in the next bay who said lets go for the 250 marker got a MacRowners bet.... If you drive it past the 250 I'll give you a £10 if you don't get it past the 200 you give me a quid ...... you have 5 goes ...... easiet quid ever 🤣 :evil:

I live in NE Scotland so got some of the best options on my doorstep. Played regularly for the first time last year and enjoyed it, I have a real mental block at the moment, like I definitely need lessons for some pointers but very reluctant as I think I’d get embarrassed being such a rookie.

Thats a serious drop Leonard !
Win a few competitions ? just down to practice and playing regularly? Or were you outed as a complete bandit ? !!

Haha, I won the odd comp and finished up there in a few, just started playing more and then started playing well, really enjoyong my golf at the minute, so i'm gutted we've been stopped again....

I live in NE Scotland so got some of the best options on my doorstep. Played regularly for the first time last year and enjoyed it, I have a real mental block at the moment, like I definitely need lessons for some pointers but very reluctant as I think I’d get embarrassed being such a rookie.
Don’t be daft. Book a series of lessons when the weather improves or get involved in some group sessions which many pros run.

Glad you enjoyed it SPUFF mate.

Unfortunately Anth and I couldn't play yesterday snow and hail at GW. We done something similar in the driving range loosened up then 'played' made up holes. Anth give a par 3 120 to the front of the pond 150 to the back and 160 to the middle of the green. 170 OB. That man has a mean streak. we did play several 600 yard holes too.

Not funny or easy when I nailed a drive 250+ the landed in the 190 area. I hit a 2iron 200-220 and it was landing 160-170.

Me thinks the range balls a GW are 50-80% balls.

However it meant the squaddies in the next bay who said lets go for the 250 marker got a MacRowners bet.... If you drive it past the 250 I'll give you a £10 if you don't get it past the 200 you give me a quid ...... you have 5 goes ...... easiet quid ever 🤣 :evil:

Ive thought that before, some range balls feel like theyre made of concrete. Still, better than walking straight to the first.

Looking for advice/help please......looking at a new set of irons. I hit long ball so distance is not an issue for me so I'm considering Wilson D7 forged and the CB's, Mizuno 921s.

Any recommendations for the best fitter? Or clubs that I could or should consider? Yes, I can google it but if you're playing something you can recommend then this might be good feedback to take on.

I have been looking into my stats for this so, I can see the weakest part of my game is the irons (that and 2 blow up holes a round). I have a driving accuracy of a high single figure handicapper(> 54%), the GIR (3-5 greens) of a 15-20 HCP, putting (31-28) is about the same but the sores of a 30+ HCP.

I know stableford banditry of 36-42 points per round.

I currently use TM 200s irons from 2002. These clubs helped me break 100, 90 and get my best of a 78. I am back golfing after taking a long break and the stats above are from this year.

I believe it could be time to say goodbye as I can not control the length and can hit my TMs -15 to +15 yards on my distance depending on strike etc. Additionally my fade/push has disappeared and I have found a draw/pull which is shocking to me.

Obviously I am going to book an on course lesson to help with course management to get rid (hopefully) of the blow up holes but looking for help with clubs selection.

Thanks in advance

Looking for advice/help please......looking at a new set of irons. I hit long ball so distance is not an issue for me so I'm considering Wilson D7 forged and the CB's, Mizuno 921s.

Any recommendations for the best fitter? Or clubs that I could or should consider? Yes, I can google it but if you're playing something you can recommend then this might be good feedback to take on.

I have been looking into my stats for this so, I can see the weakest part of my game is the irons (that and 2 blow up holes a round). I have a driving accuracy of a high single figure handicapper(> 54%), the GIR (3-5 greens) of a 15-20 HCP, putting (31-28) is about the same but the sores of a 30+ HCP.

I currently use TM 200s irons from 2002. These clubs helped me break 100, 90 and get my best of a 78. I am back golfing after taking a long break and the stats above are from this year.

I believe it could be time to say goodbye as I can not control the length and can hit my TMs -15 to +15 yards on my distance depending on strike etc. Additionally my fade/push has disappeared and I have found a draw/pull which is shocking to me.

Obviously I am going to book an on course lesson to help with course management to get rid (hopefully) of the blow up holes but looking for help with clubs selection.

Thanks in advance
Just hit the hower and whatever feels the best.

Thanks in advance

They might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I just went to American Golf (I’m in Boldon so went to the one next to the dog track). I came out with the D7’s, not forged but I like the look of them...they let me try all the sets I wanted on the simulator and then played with lengths and lofts as I’m 6’3...came away with what I wanted and they’ve worked a treat.

Golfworx at Boldon do the same service but at the time they didn’t have the D7’s or I’d have shopped local.

Back