Golf 2021

I'm consoling myself that most courses would have been shut with the rain we've had. Can't wait to play again. Drove past the course yesterday and it depressed me no end!

It's really pissing me off up here. Unlike England where you've had to shut courses ours is closed because of frost so we could have been playing all along. I'm back shielding and could have been out every day for my exercise but no i have to bloody run instead.

Just watching the golf in Dubai on the telly now.

23c+ , sunny and a cracking course , just what you need to remind you what you’re missing.
It's a cracking course with a great leaderboard. Robert MacIntyre looks to have a great future ahead of him, not to mention being the sort of player who will likely be a real thorn in the Americans' side at Whistling Straits in September.

I kind of hope Fatrick wins tonight as it'll keep his antics in the headlines and hopefully force the powers that be to finally do something about it.

It's a cracking course with a great leaderboard. Robert MacIntyre looks to have a great future ahead of him, not to mention being the sort of player who will likely be a real thorn in the Americans' side at Whistling Straits in September.

I kind of hope Fatrick wins tonight as it'll keep his antics in the headlines and hopefully force the powers that be to finally do something about it.
He’s get the benefit of the doubt on this one like. But deep down I reckon he knew 😃. Can’t trust the fucker since the bunker shot.

I’ve had hovland from the 2nd round at 11/2.

Last edited:

Just had a google about Reed , claiming it plugged after it bounced , cheating fucker that he is.

Casey and his caddy are a right pair of wankers

Missing it loads, cant stand the range but id be there instead of nowt at the minute.

Workload means I could be out about 3 times a week ffs, likewise my mate who fits carpets is in same position.

Walked round perimiter of throston this week, pissed me off no end, its vast, could easily have 50 blokes out there playing safely.

Despite being shite im bang up for sorting an smb day. Im guessing sharpley may be best but if folk wanna rough it i could sort throston (or both).

He did ask volunteeer and confer with playing partners like. But he’s so unlikeable. Fuck it he cheated 😃
The volunteer only said she didn't see it bounce, not that it hadn't bounced. The main problem was that where the ball ended up it couldn't possibly have been embedded, he also appeared to press it into the ground before calling the rules official.

Absolutely blatant cheating, but it's being brushed under the carpet. Compare that with the way Justin Thomas was roasted for his accidental comment the other week.

The volunteer only said she didn't see it bounce, not that it hadn't bounced. The main problem was that where the ball ended up it couldn't possibly have been embedded, he also appeared to press it into the ground before calling the rules official.

Absolutely blatant cheating, but it's being brushed under the carpet. Compare that with the way Justin Thomas was roasted for his accidental comment the other week.

Saying what he said was enough to offend those desperate to be offended , where as cheating for me is a 1000 times worse.

I’m not defending him, but the ‘rules officials’ ,pundits and senior tournament director all back what he did as seen and heard on camera and the process Followed.

nee way would it have the focus if it was Rory....but like I said it’s reed, he casts doubt due to previous actions.....deep down I reckon he’s played the rules to his advantage, but he didn’t ‘cheat’...

Thomas got nowt to do with it.

How’s everyone coping without their golf ?
Even as an average golfer I’m really missing it.
Fingers crossed we’ll be back out in the freezing cold and sweeping rain in the near future.
Planning to play a few opens this year and if we could get a SMB day planned somewhere I’d be up for that. Anyone else up for it ?
Got my new clubs 3 weeks - still in the wrappers :-(

Kin hell, his arse has proper went,now an 8 iron hit slightly fat into the water....and then nearly leaves it short again.

casey looking smug as fuck.
Decent bogey putt that though.......

Last edited:

firstly the ref was shockingly week but they always are over there.

The way the woman answers his question ”did it bounce?” was “no, I didn’t see it bounce” which I would conclude it didn’t if it was me. The only contentious thing I see is him removing the ball but he had called the ruling himself and was only getting the ref to double check so I would argue he was pretty certain but Didn’t want anything coming back on him with the camera being there. It would only have been problematic if the ref had disagreed.

Now I’m not a fan of Reed and the likelihood of the ball plugging on a suggested unknown to him 2nd bounce or the ball coming to rest in an old plug are pretty slim but there’s no clear evidence of him tampering and pushing the ball in so for me, this is the media and internet blowing it all out of proportion as it’s Patrick Reed.

Back