God doesn't exist - discuss

Aliens can be proved by mathematics.

Life exists on earth, therefore chance of life in the universe is 1 in infinity.

1/infinity = infinity, therefore life must exist purely down to the face that the universe is infinite.

Except the universe isn't infinite. It's just very very big.

Well what I want to know and did in fact get a good thrashing off the nuns for asking at the age of 9 is ...

Why would the Lord Gord Emperor of the Universe, Creator of Space Time Infinity and Beyond ... really give a fk if I ate fish or not on a Friday. Now that's a question worth asking.

Perfectly reasonable question. The fact that the nuns couldn't answer it and resorted to violence to silence a child's curiosity speaks wonders.

I'm pretty sure my dad mentioning to me that he was caned at a young age at school for having the gall to ask how Noah could fit all of the animals onto his ark.

Last edited:
There is no proof god exists.

There is no proof god doesn't exist.

If you believe either one you're basing it purely on faith seeing as you have no scientific proof to support your hypothesis. Atheists are as bad as biblebashers. Both are idiots.

The only correct answer is we don't know.

There can't be proof that something doesn't exist.

There can be proof that something does exist.

If people want to believe that something does exist with no proof, fine. Until they prove it that it exists the rest of us aren't buying it.

Perfectly reasonable question. The fact that the nuns couldn't answer it and resorted to violence to silence a child's curiosity speaks wonders.

I'm pretty sure my dad mentioning to me that he was caned at a young age at school for having the gall to ask how Noah could fit all of the animals onto his ark.

He had a really big conservatory.

The truth is that the Jesus of The Bible held a goodly amount of disgust for priests. So the answer is that really, according to God's union rep on Earth - any Supreme Being wouldn't give a fuck about any of the dogma.

Like all religions Catholicism changed as time went on and essentially it became as Eric Idle noted in Nuns On The run...the perfect protection racket.

Krishna was also dismissive of the established rites and rituals of the Vedic Brahmins in his time. Those that pray to the gods, go to the gods he is alleged to have said (if they exist) but those that pray to me come to me, which was when he alive.

So after he died they turned him into a god and started praying to him.

Sounds familiar.

Last edited:
Following on from my previous post, I think that a consequence of Krishna was a new form of theism. First was nature gods and personification of those forces, then the monotheism that incorporated those same forces as attributes of a single god. Science has shown us that other explanations are more realistic. However with Krishna came the concept of the divine incarnation as a messenger from God.

The strange thing is that Krishna was actually a Jain by birth and had the Jain title of Vasudev as did his father. Krishna's cousin was Neminath who was a Tirthankara which was the Jain equivalent of a Buddha. Krishna's brother is know as Balarama but that is also a Jain title almost equal to a Vasudev. So the evidence is strong that Krishna was born into a high ranking Jain family and in fact he is mentioned as such in the Jain texts and Jainism is an atheist religion. There is no God in Jainism.

However, Krishna was orphaned at an early age and was brought up by Brahmin relatives which is theist. The story of Krishna is contained in the epic poem the Mahabharata which means the Great India as Bharata is both the ancient and current official name of India. Placed into the Mahabharata is the Bhagavad Gita (The Song of the Bhagvan) which was written by a later author. This is the story of Krishna most known in which he reveals the Supreme Knowledge to Prince Arjuna in the middle of the battlefield in a civil war between the closely related Pandavas and Kauravas,

So in 1000 BCE the concept of a Bhagvan is introduced of a divine incarnation that after his death is turned into a theistic religion. Not surprisingly a thousand years later much the same was done with Jesus who is turned into the supernatural Christ after his death. Yet despite both Krishna and Jesus being highly dismissive of theistic rites and rituals, people will still ignore that and drag forward concepts from the existing theism.

So I can't understand Christians hanging onto the concepts of the Old Testament. Even the concepts of the New Testament are a construct as Bhagvan and a Christ are more or less the same, supernatural fantasies.

Their true message is much more humanistic.

Last edited:
The Christian god can't exist.

They say he made man in his own image.

They say he is all kind, all powerful and all knowing.

Bone cancer in babies.

He either cares, has the power to stop it, but doesn't know

Cares, knows, but can't stop it

Or he knows, can stop it but doesn't care.

As my Old Man used to say, "If there is a god, He has a very nasty sense of humour!"

There is no proof god exists.

There is no proof god doesn't exist.

If you believe either one you're basing it purely on faith seeing as you have no scientific proof to support your hypothesis. Atheists are as bad as biblebashers. Both are idiots.

The only correct answer is we don't know.
You'd have to give us your definition of god first.

Without a definition your (malformed) statements are logically meaningless.

I think we have all the proof we need now, discussion over.

Tonight for tea I believe God is making me BLTs ... at least she said she was.

What's everyone else having for tea tonight?

PS It's a bit late unless you live close to town but I can thouroughly recommend M&S CornedBeef fritters. With beans and a blob of brown sauce. I'll let you know how the BLTs turn out in better time tomorrow!

Tonight for tea I believe God is making me BLTs ... at least she said she was.

What's everyone else having for tea tonight?

PS It's a bit late unless you live close to town but I can thouroughly recommend M&S CornedBeef fritters. With beans and a blob of brown sauce. I'll let you know how the BLTs turn out in better time tomorrow!
Cracking Italian restaurant with a foxy Aussie lady..... unfortuntely her armed police boyfriend will also be there.

Hello

Being a dull with no real persona of my own ... I got to thinking about the existence of God and all the great Philosophers, Scholars and Theologians of the ages who couldn't come to a conclusion on this thorny issue. So I decided to blow them all out of the water over lunch time. The basic preposition largely hinges on the definition of God.

When I was getting belted to sh@t off the nuns at primary school I do seem to remember having it imprinted on me that God knew everything and could do anything and everything and knew and could do everything all at the same time. There nothing he doesn't know or can't do.

In that case , if we accept the argument above, then if we can find one thing God can't do then he can't be God.

In that case I postulate that 'God doesn't exist as there is one thing he can't do. He can't 'think' as he already knows the answer. Therefore, if he can't think he can't be a god therefore God doesn't exist'.

Discuss.

In other words, can an omnipotent god create an obstacle that an omnipotent god can't overcome?

There nothing he doesn't know or can't do.

In that case , if we accept the argument above, then if we can find one thing God can't do then he can't be God.

What happens if it makes something immoveable, impenetrable and unbreakable then throws something unstoppable at it?

Back