God doesn't exist - discuss

good response but you've defined a new concept being something other than matter or nothing. I'm not sure there is any evidence for that, more a case of we do not know what is beyond the edge of what we can see. Also remember by going beyond the edge of the universe would be definition still be in the universe, hence they can be no edge, unless of course we're talking about potential universe but that is what space is in the absence of mass or time. Of course given their relativity by introducing mass anywhere, we create time and the Universe continues.

Also, what we can observe is our visible bubble of space where time exists, that does not mean there are not other bubbles just beyond ours, or indeed vastly beyond ours. It's just what we've observed to date.
good response but you've defined a new concept being something other than matter or nothing. I'm not sure there is any evidence for that, more a case of we do not know what is beyond the edge of what we can see. Also remember by going beyond the edge of the universe would be definition still be in the universe, hence they can be no edge, unless of course we're talking about potential universe but that is what space is in the absence of mass or time. Of course given their relativity by introducing mass anywhere, we create time and the Universe continues.

Also, what we can observe is our visible bubble of space where time exists, that does not mean there are not other bubbles just beyond ours, or indeed vastly beyond ours. It's just what we've observed to date.
we, as speck of dust.

Those are the words of man, not "God".

It seems you're struggling to distinguish the difference between the concept of God and religion.

my concept of god is the same as my concept of unicorns. according to those who follow various abrahamic religion(s) the bible, torah or quran are all god's word, which is their words not mine.

my concept of god is the same as my concept of unicorns. according to those who follow various abrahamic religion(s) the bible, torah or quran are all god's word, which is their words not mine.
Religion is bullshit. This isn't a question of religion.

At the end of the day, we don't know. Lack of evidence isn't evidence. You can tie yourself up in knots with logic like "if god created the universe then who created god" etc but it means nothing. Using logic you can also say that the universe doesn't exist, yet here we are.

When it comes to reality logic is irrelevant.

The Universe has an origin, but that origin must also have an origin. There can be no absolute beginning to everything because every thing must have an origin. So either the Universe is something which defies logic and has no beginning, or, the Universe doesn't exist, yet here we are.

Last edited:
Religion is bullshit. This isn't a question of religion.

At the end of the day, we don't know. Lack of evidence isn't evidence. You can tie yourself up in knots with logic like "if god created the universe then who created god" etc but it means nothing. Using logic you can also say that the universe doesn't exist, yet here we are.

When it comes to reality logic is irrelevant.

The Universe has an origin, but that origin must also have an origin. There can be no absolute beginning to everything because every thing must have an origin. So either the Universe is something which defies logic and has no beginning, or, the Universe doesn't exist, yet here we are.

isn't the thread about the existence of god though and without religion(s) there'd by no god(s) ie: religion came before gods not the other way around.
how and why the universe came into existence (like you said if it does) is another thing. i fully admit i'm completely ignorant of who, what or how the universe was created but my atheism doesn't require me to have any 'faith', i just have a fundamental lack of belief of the existence of any god(s).

There's your problem.

Belief is what religious nuts do. They believe in something based on nothing but the writings of a bunch of idiots. You believe in something based on nothing. Both are as bad as eachother. If you believe there is no god then you're just as big an idiot.

Never believe anything. Do your research, do experiments, and learn the actual scientific facts.

The scientific fact is, we don't know if god exists. Therefore, the only correct answer to "is there a god?" is "I don't know, and neither do you".

Hello

Being a dull with no real persona of my own ... I got to thinking about the existence of God and all the great Philosophers, Scholars and Theologians of the ages who couldn't come to a conclusion on this thorny issue. So I decided to blow them all out of the water over lunch time. The basic preposition largely hinges on the definition of God.

When I was getting belted to sh@t off the nuns at primary school I do seem to remember having it imprinted on me that God knew everything and could do anything and everything and knew and could do everything all at the same time. There nothing he doesn't know or can't do.

In that case , if we accept the argument above, then if we can find one thing God can't do then he can't be God.

In that case I postulate that 'God doesn't exist as there is one thing he can't do. He can't 'think' as he already knows the answer. Therefore, if he can't think he can't be a god therefore God doesn't exist'.

Discuss.
If the nuns really believed this why were they belting the sh@t out of a primary school kid? Surely that’s sending a mixed signal out.

God has a nasty side as well.

Every human that ever lived, including the most deluded happy clappers, was born an atheist. You'd need to ask the believers why they decided to change that themselves at some later stage.
Well what I want to know and did in fact get a good thrashing off the nuns for asking at the age of 9 is ...

Why would the Lord Gord Emperor of the Universe, Creator of Space Time Infinity and Beyond ... really give a fk if I ate fish or not on a Friday. Now that's a question worth asking.

Well what I want to know and did in fact get a good thrashing off the nuns for asking at the age of 9 is ...

Why would the Lord Gord Emperor of the Universe, Creator of Space Time Infinity and Beyond ... really give a fk if I ate fish or not on a Friday. Now that's a question worth asking.

PS I also got a dusting for asking why the Supreme Being would want to live in a cheap gold plated dustbin at the back of the alter behind a curtain at the Immaculate Heart church. Made no sense to me but the nuns just thought I was taking the p@ss!

Last edited:
There's your problem.

Belief is what religious nuts do. They believe in something based on nothing but the writings of a bunch of idiots. You believe in something based on nothing. Both are as bad as eachother. If you believe there is no god then you're just as big an idiot.

Never believe anything. Do your research, do experiments, and learn the actual scientific facts.

The scientific fact is, we don't know if god exists. Therefore, the only correct answer to "is there a god?" is "I don't know, and neither do you".

i never said that I believe there is no god(s), i said "i just have a fundamental lack of belief of the existence of any god(s)".

to be fair i'm all out of experiments on how to prove the existent of god(s). i'm happy to accept the rationale that he/she/they/it don't exist based on what's out there already. if i was to be proved wrong then that won't shatter any belief i hold, it would be a 'well fuck me' moment.

Every human that ever lived, including the most deluded happy clappers, was born an atheist. You'd need to ask the believers why they decided to change that themselves at some later stage.

except Jesus... ;)

to be really transparent that was a quote i nicked from Ricky Gervais... i like it though.

Last edited:

PS I also got a dusting for asking why the Supreme Being would want to live in a cheap gold plated dustbin at the back of the alter behind a curtain at the Immaculate Heart church. Made no sense to me but the nuns just thought I was taking the p@ss!
The truth is that the Jesus of The Bible held a goodly amount of disgust for priests. So the answer is that really, according to God's union rep on Earth - any Supreme Being wouldn't give a fuck about any of the dogma.

Like all religions Catholicism changed as time went on and essentially it became as Eric Idle noted in Nuns On The run...the perfect protection racket.

Last edited:

Back