God doesn't exist - discuss

I'm sure God doesnt exist, but if he did, in the manner of the Christian God, why on earth would you worship him? Seems like a needy teenager to me. Do as I say or I'll smite thee.
Wellll...you know how it is for a young deity...you go around smiting and turning people into pillars of salt - the occasional jest on folk like Abraham...

Then all of a sudden you get a 12yr old up the duff...you have a son whom you have to figure out how to palm off onto a 92yr old without the CSA getting involved. And then you have to have him killed and yourself too by default...

Deities have responsibilities...same old story.

I'm sure God doesnt exist, but if he did, in the manner of the Christian God, why on earth would you worship him? Seems like a needy teenager to me. Do as I say or I'll smite thee.

I'd feel kinda sorry for him really. He used to have a wife Asherah God's Wife Edited Out of the Bible -- Almost but she left him when he knocked up a 12 year old girl who gave birth to a son who fucked off to live with some Earth people, turned into a bearded hippy and got nailed to a plank of wood.
I bet he gets pissed every night.

I'd feel kinda sorry for him really. He used to have a wife Asherah God's Wife Edited Out of the Bible -- Almost but she left him when he knocked up a 12 year old girl who gave birth to a son who fucked off to live with some Earth people, turned into a bearded hippy and got nailed to a plank of wood.
I bet he gets pissed every night.
I’ve only became aware of this after reading ‘Snow Crash’.

I heard an interesting radio program on this subject.
Basically it was and interview between a scientist and a creationist Christian on if god existed and if there was a god.

The scientist made a very good explanation dismissing creationist thinking by stating how science could date any object on earth to an age dispelling any argument on a theory that at some point in history things were just "created".
The Christian said that god could have created the world yesterday with all of the evidence the scientist had based his evidence on so dismissed his evidence.
The two of them went back and forth for about 10 minutes and it was quite entertaining.
Even the scientist had to admit that he couldn't prove god doesn't exist because there was nothing to test to prove gods were fiction and lore.

Hello

Being a dull with no real persona of my own ... I got to thinking about the existence of God and all the great Philosophers, Scholars and Theologians of the ages who couldn't come to a conclusion on this thorny issue. So I decided to blow them all out of the water over lunch time. The basic preposition largely hinges on the definition of God.

When I was getting belted to sh@t off the nuns at primary school I do seem to remember having it imprinted on me that God knew everything and could do anything and everything and knew and could do everything all at the same time. There nothing he doesn't know or can't do.

In that case , if we accept the argument above, then if we can find one thing God can't do then he can't be God.

In that case I postulate that 'God doesn't exist as there is one thing he can't do. He can't 'think' as he already knows the answer. Therefore, if he can't think he can't be a god therefore God doesn't exist'.

Discuss.
Another atheism discussion. Boring.

Taoism is where it’s at.

Even the scientist had to admit that he couldn't prove god doesn't exist because there was nothing to test to prove gods were fiction and lore.
Well yeah, but you also can't prove Thor, Odin or Father Christmas don't exist; but logic would tell you they don't. Ditto with God. The burden of proof is on the people who say God does exist, not those that say he doesn't.

Last edited:
Well yeah, but you also can't prove Thor, Odin or Father Christmas doesn't exist; but logic would tell you they don't. Ditto with God. The burden of proof is on the people who say God does exist, not those they say he doesn't.
Yeah that's what the scientist was saying. Basically all of the Christians evidence could be applied to the easter bunny.

Back