God doesn't exist - discuss

No mate ... I have to disagree but only because I've read sh@t loads of Scientific Americans and such. My S-level Physics ran out at calculating the pressure a 5w torch exerts on the back of your eye ball on a dark night from a distance of 5km. That was a c@nt of a question by the way but relatively straightforward once you thought it through.

The universe is not infinite. Beyond the edge of the expanding universe there is not even nothing. No space time in four dimensions plus the other 6 or 7 curled up ones and all that. There is no 5m beyond the edge of the universe. It's a bubble with literally not even nothing on the outside.

Well that's about the limit of my ability to regurgitate this shite. To be honest, we could just be inside a fk off big Petri dish.

Anyway ... what's everyone having for tea. I'm having Marksies corn beef fritters, Heinz baked beans and I think some skinny oven chips but I'll have to check in with God to see if she's changed her mind!

PS I disagree but don't say you are wrong.
good response but you've defined a new concept being something other than matter or nothing. I'm not sure there is any evidence for that, more a case of we do not know what is beyond the edge of what we can see. Also remember by going beyond the edge of the universe would be definition still be in the universe, hence they can be no edge, unless of course we're talking about potential universe but that is what space is in the absence of mass or time. Of course given their relativity by introducing mass anywhere, we create time and the Universe continues.

Also, what we can observe is our visible bubble of space where time exists, that does not mean there are not other bubbles just beyond ours, or indeed vastly beyond ours. It's just what we've observed to date.

What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Just a stranger on the bus trying to make his way home?

Well I’ll tell you ‘what if?’.... for one thing I’d be ask him what the fuck he was doing sat next to me and why he wasn’t driving the bloody bus!

To which he’d, of course, reply : “I am”

I think I bounded my postulation quite explicitly. Please frame your answers within the context and bounds of the question posed.

Thanks

PS. Have you ever been in a fishing tackle shop and noticed the phenomenon detailed earlier. That's possibly a bigger question than the existence of God.

I have mick, and as a seasoned cod angler of 37 years, I know exactly what you mean :lol:

Hello

Being a dull c@nt with no real persona of my own ... I got to thinking about the existence of God and all the great Philosophers, Scholars and Theologians of the ages who couldn't come to a conclusion on this thorny issue. So I decided to blow them all out of the water over lunch time. The basic preposition largely hinges on the definition of God.

When I was getting belted to sh@t off the nuns at primary school I do seem to remember having it imprinted on me that God knew everything and could do anything and everything and knew and could do everything all at the same time. There nothing he doesn't know or can't do.

In that case , if we accept the argument above, then if we can find one thing God can't do then he can't be God.

In that case I postulate that 'God doesn't exist as there is one thing he can't do. He can't 'think' as he already knows the answer. Therefore, if he can't think he can't be a god therefore God doesn't exist'.

Discuss.
He couldn't get us to win the premier league, therefore he either doesn't exist or is a mag.

If he does exist, he hasn’t done a very good job of passing on his instructions.

Like a shit project manager on The Apprentice.

You see once the Aryan Agni got sacked as the messenger of the gods then the Greeks gave Hermes the job. The Romans weren't too keen on that idea and so replaced him with Mercury. Then along came Jesus. People thought let's make Jesus the messenger and Christianity was born. Then along came Islam....

Meanwhile the Buddhists thought 'what a pile of shite'.

My daughter's best friend lives down in Lincolnshire. Her brothers were involved in a car crash a week ago. The family had to switch the life support off on the youngest today...10 year old. A whole life in front of him. I'm gutted. I can't imagine what the family are going through. There's no God. There's no reason to take the life of someone so young.

There is no proof god exists.

There is no proof god doesn't exist.

If you believe either one you're basing it purely on faith seeing as you have no scientific proof to support your hypothesis. Atheists are as bad as biblebashers. Both are idiots.

The only correct answer is we don't know.

Hello

Being a dull with no real persona of my own ... I got to thinking about the existence of God and all the great Philosophers, Scholars and Theologians of the ages who couldn't come to a conclusion on this thorny issue. So I decided to blow them all out of the water over lunch time. The basic preposition largely hinges on the definition of God.

When I was getting belted to sh@t off the nuns at primary school I do seem to remember having it imprinted on me that God knew everything and could do anything and everything and knew and could do everything all at the same time. There nothing he doesn't know or can't do.

In that case , if we accept the argument above, then if we can find one thing God can't do then he can't be God.

In that case I postulate that 'God doesn't exist as there is one thing he can't do. He can't 'think' as he already knows the answer. Therefore, if he can't think he can't be a god therefore God doesn't exist'.

Discuss.
If I ever believed in God I’d have a rethink after reading this thread.

Hello

Being a dull with no real persona of my own ... I got to thinking about the existence of God and all the great Philosophers, Scholars and Theologians of the ages who couldn't come to a conclusion on this thorny issue. So I decided to blow them all out of the water over lunch time. The basic preposition largely hinges on the definition of God.

Discuss.
he does. goodnight

Back