God doesn't exist - discuss

Religion is a very different matter to Faith / Spirituality / Belief etc

Religion being the political tool to control masses and particular parts of society etc

Personally I think it is interesting to view the gods people create and with the Greeks you can even chart the sophistication of their gods maturing as they became more civilised. I think that what different peoples call god is pretty much the same thing which is a particularly Catholic view I know. I don't subscribe to any religion but I do have some faith in the Anima Mundi which is kind of karma based in that we are all responsible for what we put out into the world and collectively what is put out by everyone creates its own entity if you like. Not sentient, not judgemental but bigger than us and that la

And not all religions have gods… Buddhism probably the most well known (and biggest?) of those

And not all religions have gods… Buddhism probably the most well known (and biggest?) of those
yes, I think there is a drive to personify (or deify) abstract notions or beliefs which usually alters the onus of those belief systems to make them something external and toxic whereas the Anima Mundi / Buddhism / Taoism etc are all about what is inside you and how that relates then to the world around you

yes, I think there is a drive to personify (or deify) abstract notions or beliefs which usually alters the onus of those belief systems to make them something external and toxic whereas the Anima Mundi / Buddhism / Taoism etc are all about what is inside you and how that relates then to the world around you
Almost - Taoists still believe that there was something supernatural that created the world and everything in it, but you can‘t have a relationship with it, it won’t care about you as an individual, and its beyond human comprehension anyway so there’s no point trying to understand it.

Back