Getting promoted over more senior peers

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I’m not unpopular, the bosses love me"

"The top bosses love it."

"I’ve spoke to the director and the VP about some changes I want to make and they both like my vision for the place"

He's must be the best employee to have ever walked in through the doors of his employers.

As I say, I hope the lad gets the job. I just think he should tone down on the above if that's what he's like in person. If someone was telling me at work how much their boss loves them and their ideas and how they have a 'vision' for the place I'd probably strangle them with the keyboard cable.

I hope he gets the promotion too.

You and I see things slightly differently, would be good to have that discussion in a more meaningful environment.

You are not wrong, but I understand you are not commercially motivated which makes a significant difference to your employment.

You and I see things slightly differently, would be good to have that discussion in a more meaningful environment.

You are not wrong, but I understand you are not commercially motivated which makes a significant difference to your employment.

It's often true though that management who think they're the dogs bollocks are actually shite at their job but can suck cock like Jenna Jameson.

Is that how commercially motivated people conduct themselves in the workplace? Constant bragging about who is the best? Fuck that :eek:

In all seriousness if you feel you're in with a shout, go for it. But also try not to be a twat. Combining being successful with not being a twat can be a difficult trick to pull off. If you can do it, you'll go far.

Janiep, Executive Coach x
I’m obviously over playing it on here.
For the short time I’ve been here I’ve put everything into it. It’s a brand new industry for me and I’m feeling pretty confident compared to a deer in the headlights I was 6 months ago.
I can see it in myself that I’m really starting to open up and make some good changes. I think it’s bothering the others because they’ve been here a while and now the new lad is trying to change things.

I’ve applied for a promotion at my place and so have the other 3 peers.
They’ve been at the company for years (one has been there almost 20 years) I’ve been there 10 months.

The other 3 are telling me I’m a dick for thinking I can just walk straight into it. One of them is actually offended he wasn’t just offered the job because “he knows the job inside out”

The problem is I genuinely think I’m gonna get it. In the past I’ve spoke to the director and the VP about some changes I want to make and they both like my vision for the place. They don’t seem to want someone who has the “that’s how we’ve always done it” attitude that the others have.

Has anyone been in this predicament? My biggest worry is they will be a pain in the arse and try and make it difficult. Not that I can’t handle it, but I don’t want one of my first big decisions to seem like I’m coming in all guns blazing.

Do it mate.

I work somewhere similar.

I don’t think he’s doing that. If you read all posts, he’s saying he is surprised that what he considers to be standard fare is new to his colleagues. You also need to take into account he’s ex forces working in Canada.
I put it fully down to my commitment and drive. The competition isn’t that tough when it was 3 other blokes that are comfortable set in their ways. I’m not knocking them, they are good at their job, but that’s all they’ll ever be... good

:lol::lol::lol:

Subtle dig. Frijj will always be bitter of those more successful and wealthier than him.

I’m obviously over playing it on here.
For the short time I’ve been here I’ve put everything into it. It’s a brand new industry for me and I’m feeling pretty confident compared to a deer in the headlights I was 6 months ago.
I can see it in myself that I’m really starting to open up and make some good changes. I think it’s bothering the others because they’ve been here a while and now the new lad is trying to change things.
What are your thoughts about what a good management/leadership style is (serious question)?

Is that how commercially motivated people conduct themselves in the workplace? Constant bragging about who is the best? Fuck that :eek:

Nah. The best people let those below them do this and then we just steam in.

In fairness to the lad, we have a bit of background and he's just explaining the whole situation - first question we'd ask, if he hadn't said it already, would be 'what does your boss think of you?'

We can't all be landlords with a portfolio of HOMs!

What's a HOM?

Other than the obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back