For all those posters who are moaning at every signing we are making

Its about time you and this club woke up mate... the Club have been a joke for years now, the players and staff the same.. A couple of freebies and recruitment that not one player has cost ,basically , anything should speak volumes..... i and a good few other have seen this all before and can recognise when bullshit is being flung around, the same as you seem to be wallowing in..Go tell tell the club they've been sussed in advance this time.

Really..
Have you just woke up?!! Everyone knows we wasted millions for years and now we are paying for it. Try putting as much effort in supporting the team as you do whinging about the finanacial mess

But we are buying players from league 1. I.e. The third division. They are dropping down from the championship. And they are not young players working their way up the leagues.
We have signed 2 from league 1, and have played a lot of championship football

Have you just woke up?!! Everyone knows we wasted millions for years and now we are paying for it. Try putting as much effort in supporting the team as you do whinging about the finanacial mess

Exactly, players who have dropped a division. From the 2nd to the 3rd.

And your part out our financial position, try looking at the accounts of all the other football clubs out there. In relative terms everyone of them are in the same boat. We however are one of the biggest clubs in the championship and people have a right to whinge when we act like the smallest.

I wouldn't waste your mate time. Half the knackers on this thread don't even bother going to matches, so could hardly be called supporters. I think the majority of supporters realise the problems the club has and will still back SAfC.

I wouldn't waste your mate time. Half the knackers on this thread don't even bother going to matches, so could hardly be called supporters. I think the majority of supporters realise the problems the club has and will still back SAfC.
Of course because if you are not happy with relegation, and the current transfer policy then you are not a fan. :lol:

All the clubs that got promoted last season where arguably financially worse off than us. I include Huddersfield in that. I expect that the ones that finished in the playoffs where the same.

Exactly, players who have dropped a division. From the 2nd to the 3rd.

And your part out our financial position, try looking at the accounts of all the other football clubs out there. In relative terms everyone of them are in the same boat. We however are one of the biggest clubs in the championship and people have a right to whinge when we act like the smallest.
The other clubs are nothing like our accounts, we have over 100 mill in debt and a wage budget that is out of control. When Bain came in he said it's going to take a long time to sort out,what other clubs are paying some wages for players who don't even play for us anymore

Of course because if you are not happy with relegation, and the current transfer policy then you are not a fan. :lol:

All the clubs that got promoted last season where arguably financially worse off than us. I include Huddersfield in that. I expect that the ones that finished in the playoffs where the same.
So nufc we worse off than us? I don't think so or Brighton . Who says we won't get promoted, we have a good squad for this league with hopefully a couple more players to come in

The other clubs are nothing like our accounts, we have over 100 mill in debt and a wage budget that is out of control. When Bain came in he said it's going to take a long time to sort out,what other clubs are paying some wages for players who don't even play for us anymore

So nufc we worse off than us? I don't think so or Brighton . Who says we won't get promoted, we have a good squad for this league with hopefully a couple more players to come in
Google is your best friend mate :lol:

Newcastle 130m debt.
Brighton 180m debt.
Huddersfield 50m debt.

We have one of the lowest wages to turnover percentages in the league.

Huddersfield last season was 120%.

We will be one of the highest earning clubs in the league with a turnover double most of the other clubs.

Don't let facts get in the way though.

Do you think this is only about finances & waste.? I've been to too many games home and away for the past fifty years to be bullshitted by people who try and peddle a view that is different to whats is actually happening, as you are doing. You need to take off those rose tinted glasses and wake up.

Half the league would probably think they can make the playoffs. With the positions that need filling to go along with the current squad, without anyone leaving, which was the original question btw, why should we be any different? Its the championship man not the premier league.
The proof ,as they say, is in the pudding. We shall see soon enough.

Do you think this is only about finances & waste.? I've been to too many games home and away for the past fifty years to be bullshitted by people who try and peddle a view that is different to whats is actually happening, as you are doing. You need to take off those rose tinted glasses and wake up.
Exactly if you look at other clubs in the premier league their wages, debt levels etc are comparatively no different. Probably our worst performer is selling players, we've been very poor at that, even the ones that play well at international tournaments. But hey it's easier to blame the managers than look at the board.

Newcastle 130m debt.
Brighton 180m debt.
Huddersfield 50m debt.

We will be one of the highest earning clubs in the league with a turnover double most of the other clubs.

That isn't the facts though, we were on our limit for ffp rules last season, our wages needed to drop dramatically. And we were never going to spend money with so much debt. Have you not been reading about our financial mess . I have no idea why people are surprised at what we are doing, we were told it was going to happen

The proof ,as they say, is in the pudding. We shall see soon enough.
Of course it's about finances and wages, or you another one who starts these random theories

Exactly if you look at other clubs in the premier league their wages, debt levels etc are comparatively no different. Probably our worst performer is selling players, we've been very poor at that, even the ones that play well at international tournaments. But hey it's easier to blame the managers than look at the board.
That is only because the pwner has allowed consecutive managers to waste Tens of millions on dross. Now, if we are lucky , we might just realise how much of a hole Ellis Short, Bain, the executives and the squad players from last season, have put us in.. Our spend will be next to nothing this season..

That isn't the facts though, we were on our limit for ffp rules last season, our wages needed to drop dramatically. And we were never going to spend money with so much debt. Have you not been reading about our financial mess . I have no idea why people are surprised at what we are doing, we were told it was going to happen

Of course it's about finances and wages, or you another one who starts these random theories
Are you now admitting you are wrong about the other club debts?
Our wages to turnover are possibly the lowest in the championship, if Khazri, Kone and Lens goes I expect it will be.
It would all be simpler if your boss releases his plans for the club, the one he promised when we where relegated.

Theres only one person in this discussion spouting on behalf of the Club and its not me. If you really think that this club is doing okay as you stated in previous postings, then your a bigger fool than I first thought.

Theres only one person in this discussion spouting on behalf of the Club and its not me. If you really think that this club is doing okay as you stated in previous postings, then your a bigger fool than I first thought.
Can you even read ?!! I've never said the club is doing okay. My point is everyone knows we are in a financial mess yet people are whinging that we are selling players and buying in cheaper players and loans. It's what was expected so get on and support the manager and team

Can you even read ?!! I've never said the club is doing okay. My point is everyone knows we are in a financial mess yet people are whinging that we are selling players and buying in cheaper players and loans. It's what was expected so get on and support the manager and team
I'll support Grayson... I will not support the remaining incumbents that have all but destroyed OUR club.

Are you now admitting you are wrong about the other club debts?
Our wages to turnover are possibly the lowest in the championship, if Khazri, Kone and Lens goes I expect it will be.
It would all be simpler if your boss releases his plans for the club, the one he promised when we where relegated.
I never said other clubs didn't have debt!!! Other clubs haven't been over spending for years and buying players with no sell on value. Our turnover will be nowhere near the lowest in the championship, no the premiership money has gone.

I'll support Grayson... I will not support the remaining incumbents that have all but destroyed OUR club.
We'll support the team and manager, instead of mentioning financial stuff all the time. Nothing anyone can do about it till there's some multi billionaire stupid enough to take over.

Newcastle 130m debt.
Brighton 180m debt.
Huddersfield 50m debt.

Along side having one of the highest wage bills.

Finance isn't just about debt, there's also investment to consider and after almost a decade of continual investment from Short it looks like the bubble(not surprisingly) has burst.

Also neither Brighton nor Huddersfield spent large amount on transfers last season.

I never said other clubs didn't have debt!!! Other clubs haven't been over spending for years and buying players with no sell on value. Our turnover will be nowhere near the lowest in the championship, no the premiership money has gone.

Aye :lol::lol::lol:

Along side having one of the highest wage bills.

Finance isn't just about debt, there's also investment to consider and after almost a decade of continual investment from Short it looks like the bubble(not surprisingly) has burst.

Also neither Brighton nor Huddersfield spent large amount on transfers last season.
Nope Brighton and Huddersfield wage bill is much much higher than ours against turnover. Brighton have racked up 180m in pushing for promotion, i.e. Investment, and both clubs revenue was way below ours this season. You are right though the difference between our owners and theirs is that ours wants his money back.

Last edited:
Aye :lol::lol::lol:

Nope Brighton and Huddersfield wage bill is much much higher than ours against turnover. Brighton have racked up 180m in pushing for promotion, i.e. Investment, and both clubs revenue was way below ours this season. You are right though the difference between our owners and theirs is that ours wants his money back.
Wage bill to turnover ratio, just shows the 'health' of the club. It's not an absolute figure. It should be obvious to you why their revenues were much lower than ours.

You have no idea of the financial motives of those other clubs owners.

In which case you've completely misunderstood what I was saying, so I'll explain.

What I was saying was that Phillips was unknown and, by the standards displayed on here this month, would've been proclaimed useless by many.

I've no idea what 'comparison' you've imagined but you seem confused as to my meaning.
But Phillips is an extreme case and certainly not the norm so to pick that example out of the many you and others could've done is clutching at
Straws.

Back