For all those posters who are moaning at every signing we are making

I can only speak personally and say I've been pleased with a few signings based on a handful of games and, on occasion, not having seen the player.

I was pleased with Duncan Watmore and I'd never seen him play.

I'd heard various people, in football, praise his game and his attitude.

He was 18 or 19, quick and cost very little ....... I think he's been a good signing and think he'll be an asset this season.

On the flip side, Matthews had played in the CL and for Wales, was young and we were short of right backs.

For a couple of million he seemed like a decent bet ....... no sign of that gamble paying off though tbh :neutral:
So as I said it works both ways. Don't know how many times I have to read the Kevin Phillips analogy on here either. Total straw clutching.

Seriously what the fuck are you expecting is it coming as some kind of shock or something. What part of Simon Grayson doesn't have a pot to piss in can't you get your tiny little minds around.

Do you know of any top class player that's available for fuck all and who would want to sign for a championship club, no thought not.

Obviously any signing we make isn't going to set the world on fire but it is what it is.

People moaning at grabban only having a 1 in 4 record but if he had a better one he would cost millions man that's why he's here cos he cost fuck all.

Boro have paid 14 million for a striker who hasn't the best goalscoring record but that's what the markets like a bet Grayson would love a budget like that

Seriously what the fuck are you expecting is it coming as some kind of shock or something. What part of Simon Grayson doesn't have a pot to piss in can't you get your tiny little minds around.

Do you know of any top class player that's available for fuck all and who would want to sign for a championship club, no thought not.

Obviously any signing we make isn't going to set the world on fire but it is what it is.

People moaning at grabban only having a 1 in 4 record but if he had a better one he would cost millions man that's why he's here cos he cost fuck all.

Boro have paid 14 million for a striker who hasn't the best goalscoring record but that's what the markets like a bet Grayson would love a budget like that
Not forgetting the clubs virtually up for sale

But you can guarantee if our new signings make an instant positive impact the posters that are slating them calling them shite etc will be back on here in a flash praising them as if nowts the matter

Exactly but try and be positive about the team and apparently you work for safc !!!

I can always find positives in any situation mate.

I'm being honest, despite a few glasses of Chablis, now so bear with me.

I was once on the street repairing my American Chevy van that wouldn't start and was pouring petrol into the carb. As I was doing that with one hand I shorted a wire across the starter motor with the other hand and it burst into life. Sadly it backfired and spewed burning petrol all over me. I fell to the ground and rolled around trying to put out the fire. I was engulfed in flames and really panicking that I might die. As I was beating my hands on my hair, to put the flames out, on of the neighbours walked past.

"Having a bit of trouble there mate?"

"Yeah, looks like I might need to put the air line through the carb."

As he strolled off down the street, leaving me smouldering in the gutter, I thought, "This'll make a f***ing good story one day."

I never thought the first time I'd tell it would be on a Sunderland football forum that didn't exist at the time. But the recollection has made me laugh and take a look at the scars .... I expect that might make me appear weird to some people but, as I say, I can always find a positive in any situation. After being on fire, watching us play at Aldershot in the league and fail to win owt since '73 this current situation is just a laugh. If some people are intent on seeing it as a nightmare/catastrophe/disaster that's their choice ..... it just makes me pleased I'm not them.

Hope the new signings all do very well and the club win the league by 50 points....... But you can't blame any supporter for having concern. At the outlook shown by the club at the moment. Sell two keepers for 32m, replace them with a freebie trialist and a 500k keeper for example. The signings indicate the club are skint and Short isn't the slightest bit interested. Personally I think it will be a tough season for the club, the squad looks midtable

Hope the new signings all do very well and the club win the league by 50 points....... But you can't blame any supporter for having concerned. At the outlook shown by the club at the moment. Sell two keepers for 32m, replace them with a freebie trialist and a 500k keeper for example. The signings indicate the club are skint and Short isn't the slightest bit interested.

Only the last bit of your post wasn't guesswork ;)

But you can guarantee if our new signings make an instant positive impact the posters that are slating them calling them shite etc will be back on here in a flash praising them as if nowts the matter
Why shouldn't they? Every single supporter on here HOPES these players do well, that should really go without saying really. What I'm seeing is people giving their opinions on what they think or believe will be the case with who we've brought in. Really don't get why that's an issue.

No, it's a totally different thing ...... I know because I posted it and know exactly what I meant.
Searching for "lazy" and "convenient" examples is pretty much straw clutching. Trying to compare these bargain basement signings to one of the greatest success stories of our recent history is straw clutching. If people get crumbs of comfort from doing so then fine.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't they? Every single supporter on here HOPES these players do well, that should really go without saying really. What I'm seeing is people giving their opinions on what they think or believe will be the case with who we've brought in. Really don't get why that's an issue.

Searching for "lazy" and "convenient" examples is pretty much straw clutching. Trying to compare these bargain basement signings to one of the greatest success stories of our recent history is straw clutching. If people get crumbs of comfort from doing so then fine.

'Lazy' and 'convenient' quite obviously denies any 'searching' which clearly takes a bit of effort :lol:

Back