For all those posters who are moaning at every signing we are making

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Phillips is an extreme case and certainly not the norm so to pick that example out of the many you and others could've done is clutching at
Straws.

Dear me, give it a rest and comment about the thread or football or anything but another grammatical hair splitting saga.

I know exactly what I mean, you don't get it and I really can't be arsed to debate such a trivial point day after day.

That is only because the pwner has allowed consecutive managers to waste Tens of millions on dross. Now, if we are lucky , we might just realise how much of a hole Ellis Short, Bain, the executives and the squad players from last season, have put us in.. Our spend will be next to nothing this season..

And if he'd not allowed those managers to spend, you'd undoubtedly have been howling about that. The problem is that the cash provided was wasted, because there was nobody in the club with the balls to say "No, this is a stupid purchase, because investment-wise, it makes no sense". Short was too hands off, and the finance function too impotent to control the managers. Short takes a lot of the flak that should really be directed at Bruce and O'Neill.

And if he'd not allowed those managers to spend, you'd undoubtedly have been howling about that. The problem is that the cash provided was wasted, because there was nobody in the club with the balls to say "No, this is a stupid purchase, because investment-wise, it makes no sense". Short was too hands off, and the finance function too impotent to control the managers. Short takes a lot of the flak that should really be directed at Bruce and O'Neill.
I think you will find that Short gave each of the manager he chose a lot of scope but ultimately when he has pulled the trigger when he has seen no results other than money pouring out of the Club and your right, as I stated, the Club have wasted millions upon millions on players that were journeymen at best.

Dear me, give it a rest and comment about the thread or football or anything but another grammatical hair splitting saga.

I know exactly what I mean, you don't get it and I really can't be arsed to debate such a trivial point day after day.
I have commented about the thread you're the one talking about points being missed and misunderstandings . Jesus wept you came on this thread to point out the folly of writing people off without seeing them and then went on to say how you'd been happy with signings you'd never set eyes on! Have a day off man!

The flip side is every manager has pretty much come out and said that their targets were ignored.

The flip side is every manager has pretty much come out and said that their targets were ignored.

Ignored or unobtainable? We'll probably never know. I'd guess that we get turned down by about 90% of the players we go for. It's one thing to say you want player x, another thing totally to actually getting him.

You really need help, any fans who are positive work for the club according to your pea sized brain. Get yourself to bed or the carers with be confiscating your phone

Top half
Not any fans, just ones bandying around all is well soundbites for their employer.

I have commented about the thread you're the one talking about points being missed and misunderstandings . Jesus wept you came on this thread to point out the folly of writing people off without seeing them and then went on to say how you'd been happy with signings you'd never set eyes on! Have a day off man!

I explained the reasons for that as well, which you can't seem to grasp either for whatever reason.

What you actually did was come on to 'prove a point' and, having failed to do that just ploughed on posting 'grasping at straws' over and over.

I was very polite to you, the first time, but you keep posting the same tripe time and again.

No one's forcing you to come on to respond to me, 8 times so far, there are plenty of other posters you can talk to ....... or just have a day off.

Possibly as the result of having Roy Keane 'who knows everything about football' and didn't want interference.

If Short had been hands on earlier he'd have probably sulked off sooner than he did.

Last edited:
No matter who we sign, there is always a significant minority on here who will say they are not good enough....FFS they were even turning on Defoe after xmas this year.
He was suite after Christmas this year. I don't think it was turning on Defoe to point out that he was pretty useless for the last 4 months of the season.

Well when you employ amateurs like Sachs into important positions in the club it's hardly surprising.

I still can't believe the clusterfuck of appointments of the back room staff. Mental and no surprise we find ourselves in the position we are.

Well when you employ amateurs like Sachs into important positions in the club it's hardly surprising.

I still can't believe the clusterfuck of appointments of the back room staff. Mental and no surprise we find ourselves in the position we are.

Totally agree mate. I don't think the managers are blameless at all, and the way they all downed tools was pathetic but I think the board get an easy ride by a few folk happy to point 100% blame at 6 or 7 different people over the years rather than the root cause.

I explained the reasons for that as well, which you can't seem to grasp either for whatever reason.

What you actually did was come on to 'prove a point' and, having failed to do that just ploughed on posting 'grasping at straws' over and over.

I was very polite to you, the first time, but you keep posting the same tripe time and again.

No one's forcing you to come on to respond to me, 8 times so far, there are plenty of other posters you can talk to ....... or just have a day off.

Possibly as the result of having Roy Keane 'who knows everything about football' and didn't want interference.

If Short had been hands on earlier he'd have probably sulked off sooner than he did.
The point has been made and quite clearly actually. You seem to think it's fine to be pleased with a player you've never set eyes on but not be unhappy with one. Very odd but so be it. Nobody is forcing you to respond to me so just move on.

The point has been made and quite clearly actually. You seem to think it's fine to be pleased with a player you've never set eyes on but not be unhappy with one. Very odd but so be it. Nobody is forcing you to respond to me so just move on.

Not what I said but you have your own particular way of interpreting things.

Not what I said but you have your own particular way of interpreting things.
Its pretty much what you were getting at but as ever you'll split hairs to the point of tedium and bore whoever you're arguing with into submission then run off claiming some sort of cyber victory. Bizarre behaviour but each to their own I suppose.

Its pretty much what you were getting at but as ever you'll split hairs to the point of tedium and bore whoever you're arguing with into submission then run off claiming some sort of cyber victory. Bizarre behaviour but each to their own I suppose.

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back