Football Manager 2023

Just got the game tonight and started a network game with a mate. 1st one I’ve done since 03/04 and it solely ruined my GCSEs. Never forget Rungratsamee.

Anyway, he’s Brighton and I’m Villa. Side by side for predicted finishes. He had 70M to spend I had 30M. We’ve managed to get through preseason and play 3 league games. It’s going to be a colossal game, I can feel it.

3 promotions in a row with Shields and looking like 3 champions in a row cruising by about 15 points in League 2. Can imagine next year will be hard with only 43k wage budget set (same as this season although only spending 32k). Will another season of making the most of loan signings and picking up freebies but its worked a treat so far.

Unexpectedly got promoted in my first season with the lads, finished 2nd 10 points behind Norwich and Burnley lost on the final day to send me up automatic.

Signed Angelo, he wanted me to bring in a player to help him settle. Look st Santos team, see Nathan, a very good, young RB. Think perfect, I need a RB, and he will cover the promise I made to angelo. Nathan also wants me to bring in a suitable signing to help him settle. No worries, already got his pal Angelo so that should sort that out. Finalise both signings and it looks like they are still expecting me to sign someone else to help them settle? The whole reason I signed Nathan was for Angelo! And Nathan has Angelo! What more do they want from me!? Hopefully once the transfer window ends they are happy, cant afford to sign another Brazilian

First season, promoted after 2nd place finish behind Norwich. Won the Carabao cup after sneaking a 1-0 win over Liverpool in the final. (Park the bus formation)

Stewart bagged 37 goals
Clarke scored 11 goals, 14 asts
Pritchard 11 goals, 9 asts
Diallo 15 goals, 17 asts (extended his loan)
Roberts 9 goals 16 asts
Bennete 8 goals, 5 asts
17 year old striker Waters is class. 8 goals in 12 sub appearances in his debut season.

Sent Michut back in January
Sold gooch to MLS £1m

Loaned Esbrand and Rico Lewis from city.

Releasing Evans (contract expired)
Sold Onien to Bristol City £1.2m & add ons
Sold Bailey Wright Millwall £400k
Embleton leaving for WBA £3.5m &add ons
Sold Bass £1m Southampton.

KLD gave us £38m budget, however the promotion clauses robbed me of £8m of that.

Also noticed some players on 100% and 75% promotion wage clauses so shifting any deadwood.

Managed to bring in Greaves from Hull £12m & add ons.

Soumali Coulibaly £2m

Diallo extended loan.
Unebhaun (Gk from Dortmund free)
Papadopolous (Dc / Dm Dortmund free)
And a costa rican LB youth and a striker named Green from Arsenal (Released)

Looking for 2 strikers and a RB as I had a decent youth intake this year.

Anyone recommend any strikers? Im looking for a pressing forward and a Target man.

Hoping to sign Lorenzo Lucca once his loan to ajax has finished.

First season, promoted after 2nd place finish behind Norwich. Won the Carabao cup after sneaking a 1-0 win over Liverpool in the final. (Park the bus formation)

Stewart bagged 37 goals
Clarke scored 11 goals, 14 asts
Pritchard 11 goals, 9 asts
Diallo 15 goals, 17 asts (extended his loan)
Roberts 9 goals 16 asts
Bennete 8 goals, 5 asts
17 year old striker Waters is class. 8 goals in 12 sub appearances in his debut season.

Sent Michut back in January
Sold gooch to MLS £1m

Loaned Esbrand and Rico Lewis from city.

KLD gave us £38m budget, however the promotion clauses robbed me of £8m of that.

Also noticed some players on 100% and 75% promotion wage clauses so shifting any deadwood.

Managed to bring in Greaves from Hull £12m & add ons.

Soumali Coulibaly £2m

Diallo extended loan.
Unebhaun (Gk from Dortmund free)
Papadopolous (Dc / Dm Dortmund free)
And a costa rican LB youth and a striker named Green from Arsenal (Released)

Looking for 2 strikers and a RB as I had a decent youth intake this year.

Anyone recommend any strikers? Im looking for a pressing forward and a Target man.

Hoping to sign Lorenzo Lucca once his loan to ajax has finished.
I signed Datro Fofana from Molde and Tyrese Campbell from Stoke when I got promoted with the lads and they’ve both done a job for me.

Christ you've done well to get those fees

I've got about 4 days to go the transfer window closes in the PL, 23/24 season

I can't give Evans away with 6 months left on his contract and turned down Oldham even with me making an £8k wage contribution.
Onien is up for around £1.2m but zero interest. Sheff Wed wanted him on loan with a 0% wage contribution and no future fee
Wright I did get shot of but I can't remember who to or the fee
Bass £200k to Brighton

I think the only other I got rid of was Batth to Barnsley for about £1m

I did get shot of Gooch to the MLS too on a season long loan but with a mandatory £5m fee :cool:

Do you do the sales yourself, or add them to the unwanted list?

Done the sales myself however Bass was a cup winning goalkeeper, Wright had a 7.1 average over 20 appearances but is far too slow for the Premier league, onien again played over 20 appearnces too hence their pricetag.

I always offer for sale without listing first. That generates interest. Then always reject the first bids, transfer list and set to the price you want and then haggle until Im happy with their offers.
Christ you've done well to get those fees

I've got about 4 days to go the transfer window closes in the PL, 23/24 season

I can't give Evans away with 6 months left on his contract and turned down Oldham even with me making an £8k wage contribution.
Onien is up for around £1.2m but zero interest. Sheff Wed wanted him on loan with a 0% wage contribution and no future fee
Wright I did get shot of but I can't remember who to or the fee
Bass £200k to Brighton

I think the only other I got rid of was Batth to Barnsley for about £1m

I did get shot of Gooch to the MLS too on a season long loan but with a mandatory £5m fee :cool:

Do you do the sales yourself, or add them to the unwanted list?
Batth and Pritchard are the next players I will be accepting bids for.

Trying to sign a DM called Loum who was on loan at reading too.

Last edited:
Spurs never quit to try and get circkin. 5 times now had the bid auto accepted due to buy back, luckily he has turned them down every time. Everytime i worry as he is worth so much more than 6m and 6m would not replace him.

Ive started again with the lads. My first attempt I managed to get promoted but bought poorly in the Prem and was rock bottom by Christmas :lol:

Currently in March in my 1st season on my 2nd attempt and Im 2nd in the league, 5 points above Blackburn in 3rd but miles behind Norwich who have walked the league, they have only had 2 defeats and 2 draws.

My youth intake is supposed to be a golden generation too but Im expecting it not to be :lol:

Just started this with the lads. Anyone get promoted first season offer me their tactics? Currently playing gegenpress 4-3-3

Just started this with the lads. Anyone get promoted first season offer me their tactics? Currently playing gegenpress 4-3-3
That right there should be enough to see you alright. Gegenpress is still as good as it’s been over the past few years.

Is there a way to see an active players staff attributes? Danny Batth has done a coaching course I want to see if its worth getting him on the staff

Is there a way to see an active players staff attributes? Danny Batth has done a coaching course I want to see if its worth getting him on the staff

May be wrong and stand to be corrected but that would come under hidden attributes I think. Have to take a risk and offer him a contract as player/coach to unmask his attributes unless you have the Editor.

Gegen press

AF

----IF---------- AM --------------RW
attack--------attack-------- support

------ DM------------------DM----------
----ball winner------ roaming playmaker

LWB--------BPD--------CB-------- RWB
attack---------------------------- support

GK
sweeper keeper defend

Very high press, short passing, structured.

Obviously leaves masses of space in behind the CBs, but my philosophy is try and score more than them. With high press and 2x DM's you can dominate the middle of the pitch, especially with wing backs pushing on. IF tucking in towards the box and LWB overlapping into this space. RW providing low crosses for the AF. Occasionally this will lead to a proper spanking though :lol:

Last edited:
4th season in and I've won the prem with the lads.

Honestly easiest play through I've ever played- However there is no resale in any of my players as all my deals have been 50% sell on fee.

Never once changed tactics etc. 4-2-3-1 Genpress.

League winning team.

GK-Trubin
RB- Max Aarons
CB-Gabrial (Loan)
CB-Saliba
LB- Tyric Mitchell

CM- ben Romdhane
CM- Connor Gallagher

LW- Richarldson
RW-Amad Dialo
CAM- Pellegrini
ST- Iheancho

Main subs- Pickford, Facunda torres, Lingard, Nehuen Perez, Seko Forfana, Clarke (the only survivor) Fernando Gatti and Jonny.

Loved this save for obvious reasons haha but Ihenacho is a machine.. Got 40 Goals in the prem last season- But his rating in my first team is only 3*

Would reccomend anyone to buy Facunda torres, got him for about 7m and hes outstanding. Got connor Gallacher cheap too and his average rating last season was 7.6 playing as a box 2 box.

PS sorry for all the spelling mistakes here : P

Edit- was also advise anyone to stick with Clarke, hes a beast off the bench and can play either wing!

11 games in with the lads, second top, 1 point ahead of boro and into the 3rd round of the carabao cup against Doncaster. Preston :confused: are running away with the league like so I’m battling for that second automatic spot. Pisses me off because I played biro away and battered them only to be hit with a sucker punch in the last minute if injury time.

First season it seems to be running itself tbh, no new signings mean I’m just coming into the club and continuing what was already happening. Enjoying though. One minor worry is Stewart scored 11 in the first 6 games and hadn’t scored since.

Going to try and just have one long term save for a while, tried managing Saint Etienne and Sunderland but it’s a bit too easy and I lose interest after a few seasons.

Started a new save after holidaying the first season and taking over newly promoted Redditch in the Vanarama North, no coaching badges and Sunday league footballer. Also only signing staff approached through job adverts and signing players who have been scouted - only break I'm giving myself is for loaning players where I’m more than happy to have a look through the loan list.

Signed 15 players in the summer, most of whom are 18 year olds who didn’t make it at bigger clubs and probably aren’t even good enough for this level yet. Started quite slowly but 20 games in currently sitting 13th, would take that at the end of the season and build on the squad getting rid of all the deadwood we started with at the end of the season.

Back