Football Manager 2023

I somehow managed to get promoted first season without signing anyone lmao!

Second summer

In

Mason Holgate (Everton)
Romeo Lavia (Southampton - Relegated)
Jacob Ramsey (Villa)
Amad Diallo (Yanited)
Morgan Whittaker (Swansea)
Ellis Simms (Everton)

Out

Jay Matete
Leon Dajaku
Luke O’Nien
Sorry I should say first season in the prem!

Second summer

In

Mason Holgate (Everton)
Jacob Ramsey (Villa)
Amad Diallo (Yanited)
Ellis Simms (Everton)

Out

Jay Matete
Leon Dajaku
Luke O’Nien
What’s it like these days. Do you need to go into a lot of detail on training/tactics or can you just get stuck in, and start playing through quite quickly?

What’s it like these days. Do you need to go into a lot of detail on training/tactics or can you just get stuck in, and start playing through quite quickly?

I have got the touch version on my ipad which is good.

you don't have to go into the full on depths of the full version but there is still enough to do

Third season with St Etienne completed. This time we finished 2nd in the league, but still miles behind PSG. With about 10 games to go we were within three points of them and in with a shout, but they beat us at home which just about put an end to any thoughts of winning the league. Mbappe must have scored about 10 goals against us in the four league games we've played since coming up, he's ridiculous. Also won the Conference League, beating Sporting Lisbon 3-2 in the final so that was nice to get our first trophy.

Don't have too much of a budget for next season so will be wheeling and dealing with free transfers and transfer listed players again, probably be years before we're able to properly compete with PSG but hopefully a few years in the Champions League and we'll get there.

A couple of players to mention for other people's saves depending on the level you're at. First one was a young lad brought in from Copenhagen - spent most of my transfer budget to hit his release fee clause but he more than repaid it with 21 assists and 8 goals across all competitions. Was also number 1 in the wonderkid list that gets released every year:

Logon or register to see this image

Also this lad brought over from Israel for a £1.4m release clause. Looks great as a cheap signing for anything mid table Prem and below. Technicals aren't great but an absolute beast physically and great mentals as well.

Slight change in the tactics from the first season as well which has made us a bit more consistent and solid at the back:

Next season just looking to build off the back off this. Will have massively increased revenue playing in the Champions League and the club's reputation will start to grow as well. Hoping for a few comfortable second place finishes in the league, and hopefully Madrid or Man City take Mbappe away at some point to stop the bastard scoring against us!

Second summer

In

Mason Holgate (Everton)
Jacob Ramsey (Villa)
Amad Diallo (Yanited)
Ellis Simms (Everton)

Out

Jay Matete
Leon Dajaku
Luke O’Nien

what did you pay for Diallo? I got promoted with 6 games to go so I thought I'd enquire about him as he's been hands down my player of the seasons. They want £50m, double my transfer budget for the PL :cry:

8th in the Prem in my first season, Alternating depending on opposition between a 4231 (When I'm taking the game to them) and 433 with a holding midfielder (when I expect to have less of the ball)

Team looks like this :-

Raya
Sterling Aiwu Ballard Cirkin
Chukumeka Gomes
Bardghji Kozlowski Clarke
Stewart​

or

Raya
Sterling Diomande Ballard Cirkin
Aiwu
Chukumeka Gomes
Bardghji -------------Clarke
Stewart​

Transfers In - 29 Million

Dujon Sterling - Free
Chukwuemeka - Loan (1.5M fee)
Kozlowski - Loan (1.5M fee)
Emmanuel Aiwu - 11M
Sinaly Diomande - Loan
Adam Montgomery - Loan
Andre Gomes - Free
Bamba Dieng - 5M
Roony Bardghji - 10M (Joined in January)

what did you pay for Diallo? I got promoted with 6 games to go so I thought I'd enquire about him as he's been hands down my player of the seasons. They want £50m, double my transfer budget for the PL :cry:
Was similar for me, but they did agree to let me keep him on loan for another year for next to nothing.

Finished 7th in my first season back in the prem, and currently sitting 5th in February of season 3. Also through to the last 16 of the Europa League.

Im also currently in my 3rd season on the save I started on the beta with Ajax. Ive won the league both seasons prior to this one but I want to try and make an impact on the Champions League which Ive failed to do so far. The 3rd season is when it changes to the hideous new format too.

Current side is:

GK Livakovic
RB Bellerin / Rensch
LB De Marco / Wijndal
CB Mukiele / De Vrij
CB Scalvini / Blind
CM Grillitsch / Nico
CM Kudus / Taylor
LW Gouri / Bergwijn
RW Ocampos / Akhomach
AM Diaz / Guler / Cunha
CF Alvarez / Roque / Gouri can play here too

Ive got Endrick and Roony Bardghji too but they are on loan at there previous clubs for the season

Asked KLD for more transfer money and more wage budget. He upped my transfer money from £200k to £3.2 million. Buzzing. He denied my request to increase the wage budget. Currently spending 20k over the wage budget. The board won't let me put some of the transfer budget into the wage budget, so I cant use the nice 3 mil KLD gave me because I cant offer anyone a reasonable wage :lol:
Just won the Champions League with Darlington in the 2030/2031 season. We've built a new stadium in that timeframe which has a 30,571 capacity which has been maxed out all season. At the end of the season I asked the board to expand the stadium.... capacity reduced by 3,362 while we build the expansion.

How the hell are you that far in already :eek: I'm only in September 2022 :lol:

Last edited:
Had a decent save going on FM19 a while now. Think I'll pick this up at Christmas as it's coming to an end now I think, is it worth it?

Started unemployed and unqualified, got first job at a 2nd Tier Slovakian side, kept them up then got promoted, finished 3rd and won the Slovak FA Cup. Took over Spartak Trnava and won The League at first ask. Moved on to Aue in The German Third Tier and got back to back promotions, was in a relegation battle but never adrift. Got offered the Leverkusen Job as they got dragged into it. Ended up finishing in The Europa League spots. Into my fourth season with them. First full one I won the Bundesliga and Pokal, won nowt and finished 3rd the next, then won the Bundesliga again and managed to upset PSG in The Champions League Final. Now struggling in 4th season and hovering around 7th-4th and contract is up in the summer, just won the club world cup so think I'll end it there.

Last edited:

Back