Football Manager 2023

just downloading the beta now. will be doing my usual starting a save with sunderland get a few seasons in then all of a sudden never play the game again until the next game comes out
Surprised about how poor Stewart seems to be on the game, doesn't look like any improvement from last years game.

Scheduled 6 friendlies in, just playing the 3rd one now. testing a 4-1-2-2-1 and 3-4-2-1 tactic. allocated scouts on a europe package for youth 15-20 year old with 4 star potential rating.

Last edited:
Christ the board is harsh on this years.

Absolutely pissing conference north with spennymoor and made some excellent signings. The league expectation is Play-Offs (I’m 1st- 6 points clear). I draw chesterfield in the FA cup fourth qualifying round and they pip me 1-0.

Board request a meeting after the game and I’m sacked :lol:

Just started my save with Wisla Krakow. Got no money, relegated, all best players have gone or long-term injuries. Total rebuild job but should be canny. Managed to get a few good loans. Looked and realised you only get 80k for winning the league so going to have to concentrate on youth.

Playing 433 with a DCM and 2 inside wingers.

had a good start to the season with sunderland, winning 4 and drawing 3 from first 7 games including smashing sheff utd away 6-2. jack clarke easily best player so far.
anyone starting with sunderland be warned you'll end up having to pay 900k to man city for roberts making 15 appearances (not sure if this is a glitch didn't sound right) which will essentially use all your transfer budget up.

Last edited:
Makes a change having a squad full of young promising players so not much to change really.
I've only made 1 signing so far, Sam Greenwood on loan from Leeds who has scored 3 in 3 & is keeping Stewart out of the team.
Nearly bought Regan Poole for RB/CB competetion but decided against it and he went to WBA.
@Howard92 thanks for the Roberts warning, one of the reasons i didn't sign Poole.

Won all pre-season games. Drew 0-0 wtih Cov, beat QPR & Bristol City 2-0 and sit top with Blackpool after 3 matches.
Ballard & Batth have been immense.

I usually play a 4-3-3 but with this squad i've gone for a 4-2-3-1 which is working well so far.

There are some good staff additions available on a free at the start - Mike Rigg as DoF & Nicky Butt as Head of Youth Development

out in a couple weeks for ps5 it's only the early release beta available for PC at the minute.

just suffered first defeat of the season getting beat 2-1 at middlesbrough, still in the play offs at least.
Is it the full version available cheers iv been wanting a ps5 for ages so this will be cheaper way of playing fm than a new laptop, also stupid question but I'm guessing I couldn't play network game on ps 5 with someone who has it on pc

Is it the full version available cheers iv been wanting a ps5 for ages so this will be cheaper way of playing fm than a new laptop, also stupid question but I'm guessing I couldn't play network game on ps 5 with someone who has it on pc
No as they’re two completely different versions of the game.

I’ve been that person and complained about Stewart’s stats to FM :lol:

Hopefully we get updated stats for the game launch
couldn't believe how poor his stats were when i first looked at the squad. at least diallo and clarke seem overpowered though.

match engine seems the best it's ever been this year which is worth buying the game just for that reason.

Started with Wrexham, got a decent wage budget for the Conference. Managed to sign Danny Simpson, Tom Carroll and John Bostock on free transfers and brought in two youngsters from the Mags. Had a garbage start then basically copied someone’s tactic from YouTube and started to pick up now. Currently third 5 points off top with a game in hand now after 23 games. Paul Mullin my striker has 33 goals!

couldn't believe how poor his stats were when i first looked at the squad. at least diallo and clarke seem overpowered though.

match engine seems the best it's ever been this year which is worth buying the game just for that reason.
How do we look? Have players like Neil and Cirkin been updated?

Amad is our highest CA player it looks like, very average for me atm, Dajaku has been decent for me as a like a impact sub
Amazing. Thank you for this - been desperately searching for screengrabs of our players. Had only seen Rossco and Jewi before this! Both look like they have decent PA actually
Cheapest site to get the Beta from?
I think you can get it from influencer links for about £30

Back