Football Manager 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a notification at the beginning of every season saying that it has been decided that Great Britain will not be leaving the EU.

Is that due to having updated the game using an official patch? I started with an early version and have just continued with it. Even though I have added EU membership to the UK I still suffer from occasional WP issues for EU nationals. In the time I have been playing other countries have been joining the EU - the latest being Bosnia.

He's just randomly gone from green DLP playing as a CM to red but is still full green as a DLP DM, bizarre.
Weird. I think he’s naturally DM and players can “forget” how to play a new position they’ve been trained in. Are you training him as a Cm? Could be a bug if so.

Weird. I think he’s naturally DM and players can “forget” how to play a new position they’ve been trained in. Are you training him as a Cm? Could be a bug if so.
He's played as a CM all season with Dominic Kohr playing Ball Winning Midfielder as a DM, just had to swap them round but changed after one game.

Won the Polish title with Wisla Krakow in my 2nd season got no money to spend again and £4K towards wages :oops::rolleyes:.
Had interview with newly relegated from the PL Leeds Utd and offered the job so I’ve jumped into bed with them. The wage bill needed addressing they were spending over £200k a week more than allocated :eek: So had to sell on most of the players on around £40k or more

Made quite a few new signings these are the stand out ones so far

Orsolini - £3.8m (was brilliant on previous FMs)
Kent - £8m
Morilla - £8m
Choudhury - Free
Gauld - Free

Got my years mixed up in previous posts, 24/25 season was the scary end of season where any one of 4 could have won the league on the last day.

Won the champions league 25/26 but finished 7th :eek: in the league. Luckily, the Don only set me Europa League qualification so there was no questions asked. Although, even though we are financially rich, 150m + budgets 3m p/w wage budget that I'm no where near touching, big Stew saw fit to accept 100m cash for my young Croatian centre forward who is the next Davor Suker. I was fuming.

Must have 10+ players within the club now with 4* minimum potential 5 or 6 of which are "wonderkids". I've stopped signing first team players unless absolutely necessary. Sold Martial who was 30 to Reading for 32 million in the summer as he was playing second fiddle to a young Argentine regen. Average age of 22 with an average wage of 40k p/w. I've got a 22 year old and 21 year old playing centre half, both being lined up for 100m+ bids from Chelsea and Barca respectively so it will be interesting to see if I can hang onto them come the summer.

I've played 4-5-1 with a DM and high wingers all the way up till now but have recently moved to a 4-2-4 with high wingers as I'm not strong enough up front after The Dons antics. Got 3 or 4 centre forwards who I am rotating constantly to see which will kick on, one of which being a 6"7 Belgian with 19 pace, acceleration, jumping and strength... but bravery of 3.

Into 26/27 and sitting 6th, won the super cup on pens vs. Spurs and just beat Cruz Azul in the club world cup 6 - 0 :lol:.

I must have 6 or 7 young Brazillians who are massively recommended by my scouts but I can't get work permits for them, I have Lokeran as an affiliate who I farm young South Americans off to until they get a work permit but I'm seriously considering making my mission to get the Brazil managers job so I can fast track my work permits :lol:

Really enjoying it. Found another annoying fault in the staff recommendations. All of my physios are top of their class, 20 physiotherapy with high motivation skills, high working with youngster skills too, but I constantly get messages saying such and such will improve my physios, even though they're some way off those I've currently got employed.

Loaded up yesterday and had a crash dump error when trying to launch the game. First time ever I've had one of these. Anyone know how to fix? I followed the faqs and updated direct x etc but still no joy.

Loaded up yesterday and had a crash dump error when trying to launch the game. First time ever I've had one of these. Anyone know how to fix? I followed the faqs and updated direct x etc but still no joy.

Try right clicking the game in steam, properties then cycle through the tabs until you see the button “verify integrity of game cache”, the name of the tab escapes me. This will clear any custom kits / badges etc.

Aye, but is he any good/should I buy him?

Logon or register to see this image

I wouldn’t want him chasing me about in the showers put it that way!

Edit: he’s a regen so I’m afraid you can’t sign him.

Last edited:
Try right clicking the game in steam, properties then cycle through the tabs until you see the button “verify integrity of game cache”, the name of the tab escapes me. This will clear any custom kits / badges etc.

Logon or register to see this image

I wouldn’t want him chasing me about in the showers put it that way!

Edit: he’s a regen so I’m afraid you can’t sign him.

Will give it a blast, ta

Pissing me off with the cloud saves, saving it to my laptop and not appearing on my desktop! Why does it never work?

After leaving Wisla for Leeds I got them promoted back to the PL at the first attempt and finished 7th on our return missing out on the Europa League on GD also lost in the FA Cup Semi Final ... Watford v Bristol City Final, City won it :lol:
Harry Wilson, Orsolini, Winks, Ontiveros and Morilla all having great seasons. Picked up Mason Holgate for £1.5m and what a signing he’s been :cool:

New season started picked up Phil Foden for £25m and Reece Oxford (just turned 23) for £2.5m hoping to help him reach his potential just like I have with Holgate.

Has anyone signed Max Broughton ? Got him in my reserves his attributes look very solid apart from positioning

Last edited:
Just bought FM2019. Sunderland squad is up to date after January window. Any recommendations on who I should buy for us ? Can't read through 22 pages !

Son has never played the game before. Sits and watches me struggling with blyth. Anyway, gets the game and starts with us.

11 games and the little shit is top of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back