Football Manager 2019

Managing SAFC and managed back to back promotions.

1st season won the Checkatrade Trophy which kept me in a job as I was going through a shocking run on form in the league. Managed to go up via the play offs.

The Championship was arguably easier as squad was more used to my tactics. Thought it was going to be play offs again but just pipped Villa to 2nd place after winning the last 4 games.

I’ve just started my 3rd season and 1st in the Premier and i’m 10th after 8 games. I still have Kone, McGeouch, Power, Maja, Watmore, Gooch and Cattermole in the squad although they are all back up. I’ve been trying to off load Catternole since the start and can’t get rid even on a free.

Power is bizarrely really good. My best signings have been:

James Husband a left back from Norwich for £350k who was great last season and a decent back up for the Prem.
Allan : 1.2m from Liverpool and a very good DLP. Scored a few free kicks last season.
And you have used every known assist online including your tactics, formation, training and when to bathe...

Taking SAFC to the EPL without cheating is impossible, in the timeframe you said, without cheating, boring! Hope you feel good about it anyway! The only person I would accept this claim from, is fyl2u. Because he's very thorough. I am not.

All I see. Is the AI taking the piss from season start to end. L1, 1st season easy. After that it's all anything bad that could happen, will happen. No player has the budget or tactics/traingin, formation savvy to get out of the champ 2nd season without cheating, copying some online user guide.

And you have used every known assist online including your tactics, formation, training and when to bathe...

Taking SAFC to the EPL without cheating is impossible, in the timeframe you said, without cheating, boring! Hope you feel good about it anyway! The only person I would accept this claim from, is fyl2u. Because he's very thorough. I am not.

All I see. Is the AI taking the piss from season start to end. L1, 1st season easy. After that it's all anything bad that could happen, will happen. No player has the budget or tactics/traingin, formation savvy to get out of the champ 2nd season without cheating, copying some online user guide.

Reading the thread there are a few who’ve done it so it’s not that unrealistic without cheating.

I don’t do any of the training, I have the settings so the coaches take control. Tactics I tweak ones i’ve used in previous versions. In the 2nd season I managed to get some good players in on loan which made the difference. I’ll struggle to stay up this season. Back 4 and midfield is ok but I couldn’t afford a decent forward and every loan signing knocked me back.

Finished 2nd in League One, 8th in Championship and then won the play off final in third season. No back to backs for me, really should have went up 2nd in Championship as well, 11th and 14th in the prem so far. Maybe you're just really shit?

Finished 2nd in League One, 8th in Championship and then won the play off final in third season. No back to backs for me, really should have went up 2nd in Championship as well, 11th and 14th in the prem so far. Maybe you're just really shit?
I think I am a bit shit to be honest. I'm lazy with it, probably don't do enough tinkering with settings etc I seem to upset the AI a lot. I buy too many players (I love a deal) but I rarely change tactics home or away. This season my forwards are struggling to score. You know the deal "Blah blah vows to end goal drought" So, I don't think i'm doing the best with the players I've got AND can't figure out how to do so.

The other intensely annoying thing the AI does is
A) give goals away when it isn't getting it's own way such as own goals, counter attacks from your corners
B) Your CB's and FB;s heading the ball to the oncoming opposition
C) Your players watch the ball, their players f***ing steam in! That's not the bloody settings either.

The intensely annoying thing the AI does is
A) Give goals away when it isn't getting it's own way such as own goals, counter attacks from your corners
B) Your CB's and FB's heading the ball to the oncoming opposition. Including throwing the ball to the opposition at times (every game) several times.
C) Your players watch the ball, their players f***ing steam in! That's not the bloody settings either. Even after 80 minutes the AI is running around on speed to make that 50-50 ball.
D) Makes your forward shit, stop scoring.
E) As someone else mentioned. Deliberately makes your team shit against teams in the relegation or bottom 6. I had 3 shots all game against 22nd placed QPR...I can't just tell it to go Attack setting..I don't train them for that, only balanced. Naturally they played amazing

So today it's another fuck...you..to this game.

Last edited:
Finished 1st in league one with sunderland, surprisingly won the championship the next season with record points. Play gegenpress and positive or attacking style depending on team i play. Made FA cup final too with some favourable draws but got smashed by liverpool in the final.
Currently 7th in the prem, squad is great as i only signed young players who have grown with first team football.
Got players like pelayo morilla for 80k when i league one, he is now a good prem player and is still only 19. I don't sign anyone over 25 and it really seems to work.
Having trouble with having too many foreigners though. Need to try and sign young english players now.

Managing SAFC and managed back to back promotions.

1st season won the Checkatrade Trophy which kept me in a job as I was going through a shocking run on form in the league. Managed to go up via the play offs.

The Championship was arguably easier as squad was more used to my tactics. Thought it was going to be play offs again but just pipped Villa to 2nd place after winning the last 4 games.

I’ve just started my 3rd season and 1st in the Premier and i’m 10th after 8 games. I still have Kone, McGeouch, Power, Maja, Watmore, Gooch and Cattermole in the squad although they are all back up. I’ve been trying to off load Catternole since the start and can’t get rid even on a free.

Power is bizarrely really good. My best signings have been:

James Husband a left back from Norwich for £350k who was great last season and a decent back up for the Prem.
Allan : 1.2m from Liverpool and a very good DLP. Scored a few free kicks last season.

Also signed husband in my Rangers career, brought him in for cheap like you. He was fantastic and really versatile iirc.

I brought in some other Norwich defenders too including Grant Hanley and another who Norwich had signed in-game.

Reading parked the bus for 90 minutes 451 formation. Jack Colback hoofs it forward, my CBs either side ball watching as their only attacking player, does my defence and goes on to score. Lost 0-1.

Reading parked the bus for 90 minutes 451 formation. Jack Colback hoofs it forward, my CBs either side ball watching as their only attacking player, does my defence and goes on to score. Lost 0-1.

What roles are you playing them in?

What is it with this game.

Every season the same. Start the season well and get either top or near as damn it. Go on runs off winning 10, unbeaten in 18 and then.....

It all goes to shit. This is the 5th season this has happened. I've tried changing tactics over and over, but it's getting silly now.

What is it with this game.

Every season the same. Start the season well and get either top or near as damn it. Go on runs off winning 10, unbeaten in 18 and then.....

It all goes to shit. This is the 5th season this has happened. I've tried changing tactics over and over, but it's getting silly now.

Reminds me of FIFA mate, my record is usually 75% wins 25% losses. This year it's win 5 lose 5 without fail. No matter what tactics, team or play style I use.

Close to getting binned again. Played 22 games. Won 17 drew 3 lost 2.

3rd, 1 point of the top. Play the team in 2nd and lose 3-1. Last minute goal and was in the game.

Just went 22 games without a win which included 14 games losing on the bounce.

Tried everything, whats the bloody point as that is just ridiculous.

Made it harder to win unless you play a specific way perhaps? I'm in the championship still. Money is running out. I play balanced and don't use many team orders as those instructions affect all players. This seems very hard indeed this version.

Made it harder to win unless you play a specific way perhaps? I'm in the championship still. Money is running out. I play balanced and don't use many team orders as those instructions affect all players. This seems very hard indeed this version.
:lol::lol::lol: just give up

I started a game with the updated squad having found it far too easy with £4m to spend.

Won the first 10 then drawn the last 4. Turned it off after a last minute equaliser where Baldwin and McLaughlin both just stood and watched a ball over the top as the centre forward strolled through and knocked it into the empty net.

AI does seem to force you into these runs of form regardless of tactic. I only from set pieces, long range worldies and uncontested long balls my defenders like to stand still and admire.

I started a game with the updated squad having found it far too easy with £4m to spend.

Won the first 10 then drawn the last 4. Turned it off after a last minute equaliser where Baldwin and McLaughlin both just stood and watched a ball over the top as the centre forward strolled through and knocked it into the empty net.

AI does seem to force you into these runs of form regardless of tactic. I only from set pieces, long range worldies and uncontested long balls my defenders like to stand still and admire.
Aye I’ve just started playing again and the amount of goals I’ve scored and conceded from long balls over the top is ridiculous. There’s not a massive variety of goals scored outside of that and crosses from the byline.

Aye I’ve just started playing again and the amount of goals I’ve scored and conceded from long balls over the top is ridiculous. There’s not a massive variety of goals scored outside of that and crosses from the byline.
There doesn’t seem to be anything you can do about it either which is what’s frustrating. I tested dropping the defensive line and line of engagement and get the same goals against.

That said the tactic im using at the moment is scoring bags full so I can’t complain too much.

Finished 6th with the lads, third season in prem. Not as impressive as others on here but absolutely buzzing with it. Finding player recruitment a pain in the arse this time round.

Finished 6th with the lads, third season in prem. Not as impressive as others on here but absolutely buzzing with it. Finding player recruitment a pain in the arse this time round.
It is. The AI giving out stars for players who are average.

Back