Football Manager 2019

Sake, 4th season in Duncan Watmores just been sold for 8 million. worth miles more than that, its January and he has 10 goals and 9 assists

Donald sold him off his own back :mad:
After 3 seasons I binned him off you can get Jack Harrison, Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson who are far superior and for similar fees to £8m

Also how shit must your finances be for SD to do that what league you in ?

After 3 seasons I binned him off you can get Jack Harrison, Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson who are far superior and for similar fees to £8m

Also how shit must your finances be for SD to do that what league you in ?
Okay sweet mate.

And I fucked myself over tbh. I gave out contracts without properly checking the clauses! Haven’t played it properly for a while and it’s my first save. So
I’ve had to re offer to bulk up the minimum fee release clauses :oops::lol:

SD had to inject cash to keep us okay with finiscial fair play. Which is odd because that season I’d spent nothing.

Next thing I know I’m 95k over wage bill a week.

So yeah I really don’t know haha.

2nd season coming to an end. Form went to shit January onwards. Haven't scored for 4 games. The AI has been pushing down on me hardcore haha It's like, through no fault of my own or any of my doing. The AI just decided to fuck me over. I was on a great run prior to that and it just stopped it . Starting with a 4-4 draw with Swindon in the FA Cup. Swindon won the replay on penalties at TSOL which..pissed me off a little.

Anyway my highest transfer fee paid out to date is 800k

Up to 25/26 now with the lads. Slowly working my way through the league. After a europa win in 2025, I had my first taste of the champions league. Beaten by Athletico Madrid at the first knockout round.

Also won the FA Cup in 2024.

I’ve never seen an ending like the one I’ve just had in the 25/26 season. 75 minutes gone of the final game at home vs. Chelsea, 0-0. If I score. I win the league, if I concede I finish 5th. Ended up finishing 0-0 so we finished 3rd. I was gutted but relieved at the same time.

[IMG=https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/GjrOJd.jpg][/IMG]

Tried uploading the image numerous times. No idea how to do it. So there's the link :lol:

Last edited:
Up to 25/26 now with the lads. Slowly working my way through the league. After a europa win in 2025, I had my first taste of the champions league. Beaten by Athletico Madrid at the first knockout round.

I’ve never seen an ending like the one I’ve just had in the 25/26 season. 75 minutes gone of the final game at home vs. Chelsea, 0-0. If I score. I win the league, if I concede I finish 5th. Ended up finishing 0-0 so we finished 3rd. I was gutted but relieved at the same time.

Tried uploading the image numerous times. No idea how to do it. So there's the link :lol:
13 draws how many 1-1s ? ;):lol:

Looks like a good save though I'm in 2028 on my save with the lads and our rise to the PL and to Champions and CL winners was a steady one

Logon or register to see this image

Finally sussed it :lol:

13 draws how many 1-1s ? ;):lol:

Looks like a good save though I'm in 2028 on my save with the lads and our rise to the PL and to Champions and CL winners was a steady one

More 0-0's than anything else. only conceded 22 in 38 games and some of those were from 4+ drubbings.

Getting back at it when I finish graft. Conscientiously not signing too many players now, letting the 10 / 11 wonderkids I've signed over the years come into their own. Suffer badly comparing mental stats to the rest of the league but hoping The Don allowing me more coaches is going to bring them all on leaps and bounds.

FFP is a bastard mind you. I was literally £600 p/w in this year after farming about 25+ players out on loan.

Last edited:
Started with Aberdeen. Won the league. Dear me that league is absolutely appalling for quality. Players id forgotten existed popping up playing against me. Likes of Anton Ferdinand & Matt Killgallon

Started with Aberdeen. Won the league. Dear me that league is absolutely appalling for quality. Players id forgotten existed popping up playing against me. Likes of Anton Ferdinand & Matt Killgallon
Stokes? Thornton? haha
I just uninstalled it again, The AI cheats.

Can anyone help me with system requirements? Looking to buy a new laptop just for FM19.

Bloke in PC World reckoned I needed a full on gaming laptop due to the graphics card requirement. I thought this was odd as FM isn’t really about graphics. RAM and processor requirements aren’t that high. Was only wanting to spend a few hundred quid really.

Can anyone help me with system requirements? Looking to buy a new laptop just for FM19.

Bloke in PC World reckoned I needed a full on gaming laptop due to the graphics card requirement. I thought this was odd as FM isn’t really about graphics. RAM and processor requirements aren’t that high. Was only wanting to spend a few hundred quid really.
Best Laptops for Football Manager 2019 | Patchesoft

Last edited:
Doing my f***ing head in this game. Don’t matter who I sign, or what formation I play can’t get away from the bottom half of league two.

Doing my f***ing head in this game. Don’t matter who I sign, or what formation I play can’t get away from the bottom half of league two.
Here here. Unless you copy from the internet, training, tactics etc etc you will struggle 2nd season a tell thee. The AI is SO ridiculous. I've had so many times where I've thought, you know what...fuck this game.It knows what i'm trying to do so..injures a key player here and there.

Ah you know what, love the game, not my game though haha

Here here. Unless you copy from the internet, training, tactics etc etc you will struggle 2nd season a tell thee. The AI is SO ridiculous. I've had so many times where I've thought, you know what...fuck this game.It knows what i'm trying to do so..injures a key player here and there.

Ah you know what, love the game, not my game though haha

I suppose it’s realistic, I hate winning everything to be fair

I suppose it’s realistic, I hate winning everything to be fair
That's fair enough, totally agree. It gets to a point where you are in the EPL after 5 or so seasons with amazing players and winning maybe 3 out of 4 games. Once you've won everything you focus on the youth setup, well I did. This time though. 3rd season with SAFC. I just lost to West Ham (prem) in the cup, at home, having been 3-1 up. Their 4th came on 93 minutes. For their goals there was literally nothing I can do. They ping the ball from side to side then it hits the middle and smash! have that ya fucka...undefendable. I don't even get this pissed off with real-life SAFC. Uninstalled it a few days back anyway. Still seething.

25 Games, 35 points in the Prem first season, hopefully gain that other 5 to hit my target for the season. Managed to get Alexander Isak on a free after loaning him for the last two and a half seasons. Cost more than I'd have liked on wages but he's got 10 so far so he's worth it. Though I was gonna lose Ollie Watkins as Huddersfield activated his release clause on deadline day but wasn't hard to persuade him to stay.

For anyone getting overly frustrated with it I would recommend downloading the FM Real Time Editor. You have to pay for it but it isn't much. You can do away with all the Work Permit issues for kick off. They shouldn't have introduced the whole Brexit move when nothing has been decided.

I have got around it personally by giving players Dual Nationality - in my case English as I'm playing with Sunderland.

For anyone getting overly frustrated with it I would recommend downloading the FM Real Time Editor. You have to pay for it but it isn't much. You can do away with all the Work Permit issues for kick off. They shouldn't have introduced the whole Brexit move when nothing has been decided.

I have got around it personally by giving players Dual Nationality - in my case English as I'm playing with Sunderland.

I get a notification at the beginning of every season saying that it has been decided that Great Britain will not be leaving the EU.

Back