Football Manager 2019

Struggled to break teams down at first in League One but once I got the hang of things we won the league with 108 points. Beat Sheff Wed and Leeds 5-1 and 4-1 in the first two games in the Championship but have lost 4 on he bounce without scoring since :lol:

Finished 8th in my First Season in The Championship with The Lads. Need to go up this season because we're failing FFP but sat 3rd after 11 games at the moment so hopefully can keep that up. Went top then got beat off 2nd placed Stoke away was more annoyed losing to Birmingham at home the next game as they were mid-table.

Chris Maguire is finally off after being a fine servant to the club, even in the premiership.

He’s agreed to join St Mirren on a free at the end of the 2022/23 season :lol:

Hasn’t featured at all for me this season.

Logon or register to see this image

Imagine losing the title on the last day of the season to a 92nd equaliser from an Amateur club after going 3-1 up which is exactly what happened to Peterhead.

The absolute clanger gave me the title on literally the last minute of the season, cheers Queens Park, much appreciated.

For added hilarity, they lost the playoff finals too.

The AI is currently determined to score against me within 2/3 minutes. This is why I f***ing hate this game. It doesn't matter what version, same BS.

I haven't edited anything. 2nd season managing SAFC, brought in really good players, AI doesn't give a shit.

haha fuk this game

The AI is currently determined to score against me within 2/3 minutes. This is why I f***ing hate this game. It doesn't matter what version, same BS.

I haven't edited anything. 2nd season managing SAFC, brought in really good players, AI doesn't give a shit.

haha fuk this game

:lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone used Kone in the second season? If so is he any good?
Still in my Sunderland team 3 seasons later.....he's a rock and scores a few from corners. Value is about £22m....nah, I wouldn't, his heading is now 19 .
Promoted from the playoffs and bought Nick Pope for 350k & Ryan Sessegnon for 8mil, Gustav Engvall 3m, also Reece James, who is a moaning little shit. The first two have been awesome in the PL.....these are must signings
Season 1 prem finished 3rd & added Ronaldo Viera from Leeds at Xmas. near the end of the 2nd prem season, 5th atm. Bought Will Hughes & Keiron Tierney from Celtic.
I play 4-1-2-3 with attacking wingers.....Watmore won prem player of the season with 16 goals & 11 assists :D. Grabban is still the main striker and banging them in regularly
Set up the OI instructions well and it makes a big difference.

Not sure how people have done well in the second season.. Got promoted.
got 16 mill iirc.
Signed ollie Watkins, Oliver Mcburnie, carl Jenkinson and Josh harrop.

Done well till about November then lost 5 on the spin, and all my players want to leave now due to other bids.
Everyone of my new signings and for me to sign some of them I had to meet there agents fee release clause (how can I stop that)?

and Duncan wants off too.. whos been absolutely unreal.

thinking of starting as someone else.

got 16 mill iirc.

Done well till about November then lost 5 on the spin, and all my players want to leave now due to other bids.
Everyone of my new signings and for me to sign some of them I had to meet there agents fee release clause (how can I stop that)?

I'm the same. reached the top of the Championship around the end of October but really struggled since. In my last game I thought I'd ground out a 0-0 away to Barnsley, only for them to hit the bar in the 94th minute and it bounced back off the keeper and into the net. Slipped down to 6th by the end of the transfer window.

got 16 mill iirc.

You ask your own players to sack their agent, I've not done it but it would change the agents release clause I guess?
Morale is a killer and losing 5 on the spin can ruin the whole season...… a way to get around it - team meetings always help, keeping training happy, praise players when they get a 9 or better & massive bollockings after home defeats! I noticed this after losing a drawing about 7 in a row, yet the morale didn't really drop much.
A lot of it is also down to the "type" of players you have, Paddy McNair for instance is never happy, ever. Lazy in training and kicks off if he doesn't play, and when he does he's bang average. Nightmare. Then you've got the like of Asoro & Kone who train hard and improve quickly & don't mid sitting out a few games. Personally I'm getting rid of any player who moans about training; you'll notice the usual suspects after a while! Some players take a while to change their morale, others like Cattermole can drop quickly if not picked, but a start and a goal makes a huge difference. He went from "fairly poor" to "perfect" in 1 game, the game below ;)
One way to prevent losing on the bounce....change to an all out attacking formation with 2 or 3 strikers and forget defence! I tried 5-2-3 WB against Spartak Moscow and ended up beating them 3-0, after losing the 2 previous games playing 4123. Cattermole scored a 29 year screamer...keep the faith. Try the 5-2-3 Dimartino tactic from the steam workshop, you will not regret it!

What you see during the game is irrelevant. The AI works purely on stats so, if they are not right before the match. The AI will punish you with ridiculous goals such as, 75mph long shots from 25yds out.

shite!

Into my 5th season and 2nd full season as Rangers. Started off as Sunderland taking us to the Prem, then resigned half way through the third season. Gerrard got the Sunderland job and I got the Rangers job. Currently joint top in the league with Celtic who have won the league 11 years in a row

Quick update. About 5 games left in my second season with the lads. I’m 14th.
4 2 3 1

Gk Blackman
Rb jenkinson
Cb kone
Cb whatmore
Lb Oviedo

Cm mcgeouch
Cm power/diskerud

Lw Ollie Watkins
Rw watmore
St mcburnie

Potential Subs.. onien,maja,catts, yangel harrera, young keeper, Maguire, Reece james, love, browning (who I bought) and mcgeady who’s retiring.

Managed to offer all of my good players new contracts with the fee release clause higher.

Watkins and mcburnie are both quality.

Back