Football Manager 2019

Not sure how people have done well in the second season.. Got promoted.
got 16 mill iirc.
Signed ollie Watkins, Oliver Mcburnie, carl Jenkinson and Josh harrop.

Done well till about November then lost 5 on the spin, and all my players want to leave now due to other bids.
Everyone of my new signings and for me to sign some of them I had to meet there agents fee release clause (how can I stop that)?

and Duncan wants off too.. whos been absolutely unreal.

thinking of starting as someone else.

Second season was pretty easy for me. Just blasted teams away mainly, Maja got 30 for the season. Trying to remember exactly the signings I made - Nick Pope, Matt Targett and Kyle Walker Peters (Loan) were outstanding for me. Think I had Scott McTominay on load as well who was excellent.

As far as my third season back in the prem goes, I’m looking good for 3rd/4th. Already secured Europa league football, need to hold off Liverpool and Arsenal now to finish behind United and City who are out of sight.

Highlights of this season have been Jovelic coming good and looking to break 20 league goals for the season. I’ve struggled for a reliable striker since Maja in the championship. Alphonse Areola has been a rock in goal and has equalled my league clean sheets record (18 by Nick Pope in the Championship season). Signed a young regen Austrian Centre half for next to nothing and he’s already getting 7.4 average ratings in the league.

Still done shit all in the cups. Knocked out by West Brom in first round of Carabao and Spurs in the FA cup 5th round. Can’t even say it’s a squad depth thing as I’ve been able to put out strong teams.

Disappointment this season was the mags holding me to two draws in their first season back in the premier league. Looks like they’ve avoided relegation so another crack next season.

It's just old skool AI nonsense hah The AI just fucks you over with injuries, 100mph shots. tedious tactics etc Endless.

Still in my 2nd season with SAFC. All I want is to avoid relegation. I really must stop getting so angry at the goals we concede.

Got round to starting a Sunderland season since I got FM for the old man @stephen1937 for Christmas. He hadn't shut up about how he had the lads back into the Premier league.

First season signed a young Danish right back Frederik Norrestrand from Brondby as cover for Matthews. As well as Tahith Chong on loan from Man Utd. Won the league by about 6/7 points. Signed Browning (I know) for 200k in January. Won the Checkatrade Trophy

Second season - Signed Pierre Emile Hoijberg, Tahith Chong and Charly Musonda on loan. Sam McQueen at left back for the outgoing Oviedo. Harrison Reed to shore up the midfield. Saido Berahino (NEVER SIGN HIM, most awkward pain in the arse I've ever had). A few young Spanish players, Martin Calderon (Cm), Dani Martin (GK). All while trying to get shot of the big earners, those I signed were all for less that 20k per week, with the exception of Berahino who was on 25k per week + the 15k Stoke agreed to pay. Automatic promotion behind Bristol City. It was interesting to see the mags get relegated in season one, have a transfer embargo placed on them pending a takeover. Sell a lot of their top earners and find themselves mid table on the 1st of January. Then they ploughed 70m into January to get them into the playoffs. They came up.

Third season - Signed Hoijberg permanently, 20m and 50k p/w wages blown so he was a big outlay. Tomas Chancalay came in for peanuts who is worldy by the way. Diogo Verdasca (CB). Honeyman sold to Bristol City for 9m, so I replaced him with Emiliano Cordozo. (First thing I do as soon as I can afford to is get my scouts to South America) Demarai Gray for 1m was brought as cover for either wing. Finally started to get shot of Cattermole, Watmore, Maja and the likes, more often than not offering about 15/20% of their wages to be covered by the club for a couple of years as leverage. Finished 13th.

Fourth Season - Started the search for Wonderkids with the odd older head singed. Timo Horn 4.5m, Domenico Berardi in for 12m, Nabil Bentaleb for 18m, Ryan Gravenbach for 8m and Tammy Abraham were just about the only real players signed. I took the France job too, to save me having to scout the youth over there as I would gain the knowledge over time. Norrestrand had by now become a wonderkid, as well as 10m or so on another 4 or 5 regens who looked good. One of which a 16 year old centre half who was already my best defender :lol:. January I signed a Spanish 17 year old striker from Barca for about 9m who I alternate with a French regen up top, also Edson Alvarez, for about 6m. Finished 13th

Fifth Season - More young regens in, the ones I have now are starting to bring interest. Anthony Martial on a free too, although he's ripped my wage structure to pieces on 100k p/w. Sold Hoijberg to some Chinese side for £45m. Currently just broke up for the Qatar world cup and sitting 6th.

Done sweet FA in all the cups apart from the Checkatrade.

I'll learn how to post screen shots one day to save me typing it all out :lol:. Gravenbach is my pick of the save so far, if you can get him on his minimum release from Ajax as I did bonus.

Side note, it was announced in 2020 that GB would not be leaving the EU. Naturally I was chuffed to bits as I much prefer getting youth from abroad for dirt cheap. 2022 and it's just been announced we will be leaving. Must have had another referendum :lol:.

Is there a function now where you can "search for wonderkids or regens"?

I'm sure if you go into the Scouting area, you can search for players who have a PA of 140 which is labelled a wonder kids whatever. If you search deep enough then it's not hard to find the best.

Put some time in tonight whilst listening to deadline day.

Lost Jovelic to PSG. Rejected a bid but he kicked off. Got 47 million rising to quite a bit more with add one though. Signed a 20 year old regen from Southampton called Lewis Rose to replace him for 42 million. 4 goals in 5 league games suggests it’s been a good call.

Got a brilliant central midfielder from Dortmund called Sergio Gomez as well.

Just played my first Champions league match winning away at Ajax.

Unbeaten in the league but a few too many draws for my liking so far.

Just won league 2 and the check a trade in 1st season with Forest Green. Lads went back up to Championship no bother.
Enjoying playing the game with a lower rep team for a change.

Just won league 2 and the check a trade in 1st season with Forest Green. Lads went back up to Championship no bother.
Enjoying playing the game with a lower rep team for a change.

I find it easier managing at lower levels. Able to bring in many players on frees who instantly break into the first team.

Trying to break free from the bottom half/relegation fight of the Premier League with limited funds is what I find hardest. Not many free transfers can improve the squad in that situation.

2nd season woes for me, heading for relegation. As others have said it was going well for a couple of month and then we just started losing constantly. Unbeaten for 6 games in a row, became losing 6 games in a row including a crucial 6 pointer with bottom placed Bristol (I think) at home.
Nothing is working anymore sob sob

2nd season woes for me, heading for relegation. As others have said it was going well for a couple of month and then we just started losing constantly. Unbeaten for 6 games in a row, became losing 6 games in a row including a crucial 6 pointer with bottom placed Bristol (I think) at home.
Nothing is working anymore sob sob
I had a cracking start but then the same as you. Ended up 11th.

Normally bang average at this game, despite constantly trying, however...

Somehow managed back-to-back promotions with the lads! Was having a pretty awful season in the Championship, losing a lot more than winning. Loaned Holgate from Everton, signed Harrop and Targett in the Jan and changed the formation a bit. Didn't lose a game for the rest of the season! Won all bar two draws and won the play-offs!

Suspect staying in the Prem with this squad is going to be a hell of a challenge, unless Uncle Donald wants to give me 100M!

As is always the case with strategy games. The AI prefers a system for you almost...I'm at a complete loss as to what formation to use and tactics. It seemed to me that no matter what I tried the AI would f*ck me over anyway haha My transfer budget is 20m plus but i'm loathe to use it as our bank balance would be zero if I did. The AI likes that I haven't caned the transfer budget despite brining in some really good players. but as I say, my team looks great on paper but for some reason i'm just, not very good this season.

Finally got started with Wisla Krakow

Media expectation of 9th I raised the bar by saying we’d finish near the top to get a 3/4k extra towards the wage bill to sign free transfers

Caulker (free)
Keane (free)
Gerbhart (free)
Annan (free)
Kwasi Okyere Wriedt (Bayern II) for £300k in instalments

Finished 4th and qualified for the Europa League 1st qualifying round got the potential to be an epic save this

Finally got started with Wisla Krakow

Media expectation of 9th I raised the bar by saying we’d finish near the top to get a 3/4k extra towards the wage bill to sign free transfers

Caulker (free)
Keane (free)
Gerbhart (free)
Annan (free)
Kwasi Okyere Wriedt (Bayern II) for £300k in instalments

Finished 4th and qualified for the Europa League 1st qualifying round got the potential to be an epic save this
Going to see one of their games next month. Will start a save with them upon my return.

Going to see one of their games next month. Will start a save with them upon my return.
Been to Krakow 3 times now been love the place so thought I'd do this save. I'm itching to do a match over there but don't think my lass was too keen on the idea :lol: It'll be a good experience I've done Sparta Prague before :cool:

Back