Football Manager 2018

Came third in my third season. Budget of 80 million :lol:. Took me about 3 hours to get through pre season and lose 1-0 to newly promoted Birmingham.

Halfway through January now, currently 4th, 7 points off the top.

Tarahaj after a bad injury & disapppointing start now has 7 goals in 17(2) games.
Thorne & Ndong have both been superb and their average rating puts them in the top 10 in the league.

Watmore has been absolute class and after rejecting loads of offers, Short has stepped in and agreed to sell him :evil:.
£16m, rising to £20m. It's good money but i'll only get 50% of it to use.
How good is he in the prem? Is it worth me protesting this transfer or shall i take the money?

Using the Chelsea model for SAFC, but in the championship. Buying in any young, free players, that'll take 1-2k wages and look decet. Managed to loan a couple out for fees + 100% wages (signed a french fullback called Cissakho, who went out straight away with wages covered and 55k per month used or unused), a few will be used as squad players. See how they progress, and hopefully use them to turn over some profit at the end of the year.

Sold Catts, Rodwell and Billy Jones to fund a few young players coming in. Just about to play Derby in the first game.

Depending on leagues loaded, and how you're scouting really. If you're looking for 4+ players then you have to assign scouts, go through huge amounts of suggestions etc.

I’ve only just sorted out my tactics, training and strategies like.

I didn’t player last year’s so this seems really in depth to me.

Started a game with the lads. Sold Cattermole for 9.5m, Rodwell for 4.3m,Don Love for 550k and Mika for 160k. Brought in Jay Fulton and Alexander Esswein on loan. Signed Ezri Konsa for 1.2m from Charlton, Jack Hamilton 800k from Hearts and Ollie Clarke for 350k from Bristol Rovers.
Short is in talks to sell it the club to Al Fasawi sure he was he Forest chairman last year

Anyone doing half decent fancy showing me their tactics?

I'm doing worse than Sunderland in real life

Need a f***ing PHD to play this game nowadays

Last edited:
Anyone doing half decent fancy showing me their tactics?

I'm doing worse than Sunderland in real life

Need a f***ing PHD to play this game nowadays

4231 Wide
Standard positions other than CMs are BBM (support) and CM (defend). Striker is Complete Forward (Support)
Control
Flexible
Retain Possession, Play out from defence, Close Down more

Seems to be working ok for me. The key is to be flexible in the game, and adapt to how it's going. The AI is too smart for a 1 tactic fit all now.

FWIW - I've barely signed anyone, Tom Davies on loan from Everton, Kris Ajer on loan from Celtic and Lewis Morgan from St Mirren. + a few foreign, young free transfers to have as squad players/developers.

12 games in, W6, D5, L1. In 2nd place.

Drew quite a few, but think it'll improve once the team cohesion improves.

Last edited:
HALf way through my first season with Blackburn lost one game so far using the same 2 tactics I’ve used for last 6 fm although this year instead of sticking to one team I’m going to try and do the pentagon challenge and try to win all 5 champions league so I’ll be looking to leave Blackburn as soon as I can

It’s still a great game but I’m starting to think it’s almost getting too complicated things like the player social groups and squad dynamics it’s almost become more detailed than real life

Ended up finishing third in my first season, eventually beating Boro in the playoff final 2-0 :cool:

Brought in 12 for a total of £39m:

Joe Wildsmith

Denayer
John Soutar
Rodrigo Ely
Mason Holgate (loan)
Aurelio Buta (loan)

Josep Misic
Ivan Cavaleiro
Samuel Shashoua
Serge Gnabry (loan)
Andreas Pereira (loan)

Zac Clough

Sold players worth £17.75m - Lens, Borini, Djilobodji, Rodwell, McManaman (loan), Vaughan (loan), Love (loan.

Sill got a good £25m to spend in Janurary

Ready to throw my laptop at the window at the minute. Started off the season well,was top after about ten games then had about five games in a row where I conceded last minute goals. Dropped to about 11th,had to have a meeting with Short he gave me a month to sort the results out. Ended up winning 3 out of 4, he was happy then the match after I got thrashed 5-0 off Sheff Utd. Still lingering outside of the playoffs can’t seem to put any sort of run together

Back