Football Manager 2018

Just started a season as Dynamo Dresden, aiming to get the former giants back up there.

Any ideas for cheap players/loans?
Good choice of club to start a save with thinking of 1860 Munich for my first foreign one. What sort of budget have you got ? Player wise Hervin Ongenda (free) ex PSG and Hugo Basto (£200k) reliable CB should be worth a look at

Good choice of club to start a save with thinking of 1860 Munich for my first foreign one. What sort of budget have you got ? Player wise Hervin Ongenda (free) ex PSG and Hugo Basto (£200k) reliable CB should be worth a look at
800k. Signed Hadzic (Bosnian) on a free and a young lad from Bournemouth on loan.

Will take a look at those.

Had everything agreed for Rossi but the board veto'd it.

800k. Signed Hadzic (Bosnian) on a free and a young lad from Bournemouth on loan.

Will take a look at those.

Had everything agreed for Rossi but the board veto'd it.
Because of his injury ? That happened to me I just kept and eye on him and signed him around October

I had McManaman and Kone miss all of pre-season, Grabban broke his leg before my first friendly so I terminated his loan and signed Calvert-Lewin to replace him. Who then broke his leg :lol:

Then Derby beat me 2-0, I'm actually worse than Grayson

2019/20 season

Premier League 5th - W18 D11 L9 Pts65
FA Cup - Runners Up
Carabao Cup - Quarterfinals
Premier League to scorer - Davie Selke with 28 goals :cool:

After hitting the half way point on 34pts really started to believe we could nick a top 4 spot. And something that looked on the cards going into the last game of the season in 4th place (1pt ahead of Everton) at home to 8th placed West Ham. In typical Sunderland fashion we fucked it up 0-2 down at HT we made changes and flung the kitchen sink at them all in vain though lost 1-2 and Everton scored a late winner at Derby :cry:
We then went onto lose the FA Cup Final against Chelsea we dominated the first half and deservedly lead 1-0 at HT only for Chelsea to be ruthless in the second half finished 1-3

All in all a very productive season plenty of positives bring on the 2020/21 season already made Youri Tielemans our first signing for £3.3m after being listed by Monaco

Fancy throwing your tactic up, mate?

I had McManaman and Kone miss all of pre-season, Grabban broke his leg before my first friendly so I terminated his loan and signed Calvert-Lewin to replace him. Who then broke his leg :lol:

I won all my pre-season friendlies and thought I was a God

I've now played 4, lost 4 and have conceded 13 goals in the process

Downloaded all of this years face packs, logos and licence fixes from SortItOutSi on Wednesday, then started a new game with the lads. Not sure if the editor data from the licence fix has seriously downgraded the 12m budget from the Beta, or whether Sports Interactive have updated it, but I was given 2m and already 80k over my wage budget.

Sold Gibson and Mika, sent back Browning and Williams. I cannot wait to get shot of Cattermole, what a miserable fecker he is on this years game.

Loaned in Marko Grujic and Georges Kevin-N'koudou.

Sitting 8th in January - just been knocked out of the FA Cup by Crewe :lol:

Ellis has got me to 10% transfer revenue retained and just announced that due to financial strains on the club my wage budget has been reduced from 560k p/w to 470k p/w.

It's certainly become more realistic. Oh and a takeover collapse due to the current chairman's unrealistic valuation of the club.

Halfway through my second season and i've only just realised there are different scouting "packages" to choose from :evil:
Mines been set at Prem/Championship this whole time, i thought my scouts were just shit :oops:

Thought i'd mention it just in case anyone is as stupid as me, which i doubt you will be

Watmore is quality upfront for anyone playing as us. Got 19 for me including winners play off semis and final and now first season in prem he's 3rd top scorer.

Logon or register to see this image

The team. Fully recommend that Sankhare. Cheap too.
Logon or register to see this image

We seem to pick up loads of injurys the first pre season. Played Derby with Ethan Robson and Donald Love CMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halfway through my second season and i've only just realised there are different scouting "packages" to choose from :evil:
Mines been set at Prem/Championship this whole time, i thought my scouts were just shit :oops:

Thought i'd mention it just in case anyone is as stupid as me, which i doubt you will be
OK, so, I can see these packages in my scout centre but how would I go about using them?? :oops:

Finished 6th first season back in prem. 1 point off top 4. Would have been 4th going into last game but Liverpool scored 95th min then I lost the last game.

Was taken over in the championship but now I've been taken over again by a Brazilian Tycoon who wants to make Sunderland 'one of the greatest forces in domestic and continental football' :lol::lol:

OK, so, I can see these packages in my scout centre but how would I go about using them?? :oops:

I've just set both of mine at the top level so i'm scouting players all over the world, just watch your transfer budget because i think it comes out of that

Really cant recommend Tanguy Ndombele any higher signed for £7m, 16 games later hes valued at £30m average rating 7.26 :cool:

Bayern have offered £50m for Denayer :eek: Only problem with selling is the English window is shut so I'd have to get by with

Smalling
Chambers
Holding
Kongolo

As CBs until the January window opens :neutral:

Last edited:
Finished 6th first season back in prem. 1 point off top 4. Would have been 4th going into last game but Liverpool scored 95th min then I lost the last game.

Was taken over in the championship but now I've been taken over again by a Brazilian Tycoon who wants to make Sunderland 'one of the greatest forces in domestic and continental football' :lol::lol:
So its unrealistic then

Back