Football Manager 2018

Similar
Ready to throw my laptop at the window at the minute. Started off the season well,was top after about ten games then had about five games in a row where I conceded last minute goals. Dropped to about 11th,had to have a meeting with Short he gave me a month to sort the results out. Ended up winning 3 out of 4, he was happy then the match after I got thrashed 5-0 off Sheff Utd. Still lingering outside of the playoffs can’t seem to put any sort of run together

Similar thing happened to me in February.

Despite never dropping out of the top 6 I went about 7 games without a win and had a month to improve things. I did increase my expectations to promotion though.

I'm finding the squad harmony difficult, half the time they're not interested in listening to me

Promotion!

3 games to go, and need 1 win to secure the Championship title. Grayson is full of shite.

Started turning some of the close games from draws to wins once I built the 'match cohesion' up. Got an inital budget of £41m but going to try and spend as little as possible for the first season or 2, scrape staying up and build up a warchest.

My plans of being low key went tits up (most of these were in instalments, to allow me to gan acker) -

Signed -

Goretzka - Free
Wilshere - Free
Butland - £20m (£3 upfront and the rest in add ons)
Chambers - £6m
Gumny - £3.3m
Baba Rahman - £8m
Loftus-Cheek- £5m
Eder - £4.2m
Ruben Neves - £32m (£12m up front and the rest in add ons)

Be gutted once they settle if I'm not challenging top 6.

Last edited:
Sitting 4th after 19 games of season 3 Davie Selke is on fire 14 goals so far as is Horta on the wing keeping out Beradi :cool:
Also for anyone looking for a good CM Orbelin Pineda from Chivas is a must bought for £8.75m already 4*+ player

Looking forward to picking this up and for the English lower leagues to be created and uploaded. Really fancy taking a little NE team up the pyramid, put Shields in their place :mad:

Just finished 4th season. Knocked out in quarter final of champions league against PSG. Lost in League Cup Final to Spurs and finished 5th so missed out on a Champions League place. A season so close only to fail at the last hurdle.

Some Scotish chap bought the club and now I have about 120 million budget.

Came 8th in the prem in 2nd season so building for a European place in 3rd season. If you get your tactics right its a bit of a doddle. I keep the same shape formation to keep the fimilarity up but tweak it game by game to suit the roles of the players. The only 4 positions I dont change are the CMs and DCs. 4231 formation with a DM on the right of the middle and a normal CM on the left of the middle.
Backary Ozcan (sp) from Germany is decent. Dani Caballos (sp) from Real is class in CM for me as well. Use a 17 YO from the academy LW

I'm f***ing woeful at this game. Smashed pre season as Sunderland, I literally beat every team by at least 3. Ended up getting sacked in December having only picked up 2 points!

I'm currently stuck at Airdrie with no money and about 16 players!

2019/20 season

Premier League 5th - W18 D11 L9 Pts65
FA Cup - Runners Up
Carabao Cup - Quarterfinals
Premier League to scorer - Davie Selke with 28 goals :cool:

After hitting the half way point on 34pts really started to believe we could nick a top 4 spot. And something that looked on the cards going into the last game of the season in 4th place (1pt ahead of Everton) at home to 8th placed West Ham. In typical Sunderland fashion we fucked it up 0-2 down at HT we made changes and flung the kitchen sink at them all in vain though lost 1-2 and Everton scored a late winner at Derby :cry:
We then went onto lose the FA Cup Final against Chelsea we dominated the first half and deservedly lead 1-0 at HT only for Chelsea to be ruthless in the second half finished 1-3

All in all a very productive season plenty of positives bring on the 2020/21 season already made Youri Tielemans our first signing for £3.3m after being listed by Monaco

Last edited:

Back