Football Manager 2018

Got to love the £12m budget you start off with the lads :lol:

Signings so far

Vegard Forren - £600k from Molde
Mikkel Duelund - £1.5m from FC Midtjylland
Adam Maher - £1.3m from PSV
Shani Tarashaj - 3.2m (rising to £4.6m) from Everton

Tried to get Calvert Lewin in on loan but he chose Wolves instead going to bin off Grabban and sign Giuseppe Rossi on a free once he’s fit
:eek: £12 mill

That's the most we've had in like ever

How did you find them?

Ive really struggled finding players so far. Once promoted it was all a bit of a rush to try and find players remotely suitable.

IIrc the last couple have started unrealistically. Like the fact that I sold Cattermole for 9m, Rodwell for 4 etc.
Just into pre season mate hoping Forren & Duelund are as solid as they were on last years when I got Sheff Wed promoted both prob good enough to be prem squad players as cheap options anyway

Just into pre season mate hoping Forren & Duelund are as solid as they were on last years when I got Sheff Wed promoted both prob good enough to be prem squad players as cheap options anyway

I'm trying to use just the scouts and it's hard work. I got MacDonald from Barnsley and a Irish winger from Bristol city first season and a couple of young Germans.

18th in prem at the moment and the players are all getting upset.

Signings so far

Tried to get Calvert Lewin in on loan but he chose Wolves instead going to bin off Grabban and sign Giuseppe Rossi on a free once he’s fit

Not trying to copy anyone but i've signed Tarashaj as well, £4.4m in total.
Never heard of hin but a big upgrade on Vaughan & Grabban.

Have also signed Brad Smith (LB) for £2.7m from Bournemouth and Danny Ward (GK) on loan from Liverpool.

Yet to play a competitive match.

I'm trying to use just the scouts and it's hard work. I got MacDonald from Barnsley and a Irish winger from Bristol city first season and a couple of young Germans.

18th in prem at the moment and the players are all getting upset.

The scouting is mental, I'm no closer to understanding it.

I dont mind the idea, its just the rate of which you discover attributes of those you are scouting and in general. So if i do a player search, even when Im in the premiership, my results are severly restricted.

This is what i was getting used to last night but i'm still struggling as well.

It seems it takes about a week to get feedback on a scout report, before it only took a day or 2. This is annoying but probably more realistic.
The scouting home screen is important and is a good way to keep track of targets and decide if you need to scout them more or not.
I'm discarding anyone with a rating below 80 at the minute, we've enough shite in the squad and i want young players that will be useful in the premier.

The scouts are split into 2 sections now, the normal scouts should be selected on ability to judge player ability & potential.
The new ones are data based, not entirely sure about this or analysis reports just yet.

This is what i was getting used to last night but i'm still struggling as well.

It seems it takes about a week to get feedback on a scout report, before it only took a day or 2. This is annoying but probably more realistic.
The scouting home screen is important and is a good way to keep track of targets and decide if you need to scout them more or not.
I'm discarding anyone with a rating below 80 at the minute, we've enough shite in the squad and i want young players that will be useful in the premier.

The scouts are split into 2 sections now, the normal scouts should be selected on ability to judge player ability & potential.
The new ones are data based, not entirely sure about this or analysis reports just yet.

Despite them making a big deal about the analysts prior to release I cant see the point of them. They provide fascinating stats such as career apeareances and attempted passes of your choosen target.

Not trying to copy anyone but i've signed Tarashaj as well, £4.4m in total.
Never heard of hin but a big upgrade on Vaughan & Grabban.

Have also signed Brad Smith (LB) for £2.7m from Bournemouth and Danny Ward (GK) on loan from Liverpool.

Yet to play a competitive match.
Tarashaj has been great for me so far 9 in 11 league games :cool: Did you really need a LB? Oviedo and Galloway are good enough imo

Currently 7th with Bolton at home up next - P14 W7 D3 L4

Tarashaj has been great for me so far 9 in 11 league games :cool: Did you really need a LB? Oviedo and Galloway are good enough imo

Currently 7th with Bolton at home up next - P14 W7 D3 L4

Tarashaj injured after 20 minutes of my first match and was out for 3-4 weeks so he's missed the last 3 league games :evil:
Thankfully Grabban has done well though with 6 in 6 (all comps)

P4 W2 D1 L1 in the league.
Beat Chesterfield & then Scunthorpe on penalties to scrape through in the cup.

Probably could have done without a LB but as Delph & Markovic are both available on loan i wanted to send someone back to free up a spot as i've already added Ward from Liverpool. It was either Galloway or Browning but i'm struggling to find a good CB and Browning gives me cover at RB which is more important. Plus, Smith will be a decent player if i get promoted and is 1 less position to fill.

Got Barnsley away next before transfer deadline day and still got about £7m to spend

Signings so far

Signed Maher anarl, only played 4 games but been atrocious every time.

Half way through the second season, form has improved, up to 17th.

Think were just about to sign Horata and Hererra from Portugal. Both cm's, cm being the last position that needs improving but there cost and ability is such that it makes it too good to pass. Will probably have to sell Ndong or McGinn and try to make Amarty a CB.

anyone else having a shed load of injuries?

Are you changing the team when the medical staff say they're at very high risk? I found in first season that I wasnt really able to get the injury prone players like Vaughen, Oveido and co fit at all as they would always break down in reserve games.

Going to get this tomorrow off that link, cheers lads.

Haven't been Sunderland on the last few years games. Usually start in some obscure country and look to build the club up / my reputation and flick between more reputable countries as I go.

Have most posting on here went with Sunderland for first save?

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...or-longest-ever-game-20171102?c=1509647101132

I havent managed anyone else since for about 10 years. Havent the time to make anyone else awesome.

Those nearing their 2nd season, get Alexander Sorloth, Quinny incarnate.

Ended up signing Sabin Moreno from At. Bilbao for £1.5m & George Thorne from Derby for £6m on deadline day

£13.75m spent in total :eek:. Short must be pissed

Back