Fans leaving early

• Thread starter Deleted member 37458
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I stayed until the final whistle, as I always do.
My injury time lucky piss, made all the difference. 👍 😊

We had an extra pint so we're a bit in. Bloke in front of us went in just as they scored. Pushed the turnstile round and was strite back out.

I leave early on midweek games when in on earlies the next day, out of bed at 4.45am

If I'm on lates I stay till the end.

Must admit, I don't understand it at all. I had a laugh to myself when walking out across the East Stand Car Park after the game, and there are some of the fans who left early, sitting shivering in their cars, lights on, with 20 minutes to wait until the barriers go up. At least they got to the front of the queue to exit the car park, they must have saved themselves minutes in their journey time home. And if they were lucky they will have heard the crucial equalising goal that was scored a few yards away on the radio, while they were waiting.
Shivering? Really? They probably wouldn't have had a radio in the car if they didn't even have a car heater.

As I left on 93 minutes my parting words were we’d be here to f***ing midnight and still not score , this time I was proved wrong , so f***ing what ?

if the truth be known I would have quite happily left earlier .

So in reality I’ve missed a scuffed shot from a defensive midfielder that gave us a lucky home draw against an average league one team who are managed by a loathsome individual.

Excuse me whilst I’m overcome with indifference, I really couldn’t give a shit about missing the goal and certainly not what some spotty kids hiding behind a keyboard think of me for leaving early.

Well done mate, your big prize for leaving early was to get home 4 or 5 minutes earlier. Nice. 😎

As I left on 93 minutes my parting words were we’d be here to f***ing midnight and still not score , this time I was proved wrong , so f***ing what ?

if the truth be known I would have quite happily left earlier .

So in reality I’ve missed a scuffed shot from a defensive midfielder that gave us a lucky home draw against an average league one team who are managed by a loathsome individual.

Excuse me whilst I’m overcome with indifference, I really couldn’t give a shit about missing the goal and certainly not what some spotty kids hiding behind a keyboard think of me for leaving early.
Absolute tosh dear boy!

Well done mate, your big prize for leaving early was to get home 4 or 5 minutes earlier. Nice. 😎
not really tho as for some who park at the stadium it can be the difference of 50 minutes and on a school night that makes the decision easier to leave a bit earlier.
Each to their own I suppose.

Absolument, that equaliser was one of those precious moments of sheer ecstasy that makes all the stress and suffering worthwhile. It just boggles my mind that thousands turn their back and leave before the final act has unfolded.

You pays your money you takes your choice, the mass exodus brigade just confirms what an odd bunch we are though.
I suspect that some of our supporters perhaps only attend out of long-standing habit, or even some kind of sense of ‘duty’, but that they do not really enjoy the experience of watching the match.

So by going under the stand early for a drink/pie/piss during the first half, and then leaving early during the second half, it’s a way to minimise the time spent actually watching the game, but still allows them to turn out to do something they they have always done from habit and don’t want to stop doing.

I missed it. The bairn was knackered, I was knackered, we headed along the East Stand in stoppage time and out at 95m. Told him it was just one of those games where you could play all night and not score.

Couldn't believe it when I heard the roar :lol::cry:

Can't remember the last time I left before full time either, will be years. Won't do it again!

On a side note, the abuse from the East Stand to Fleetwood and officials when we walked past. Jesus, the hip flasks and blanket brigade mustn't have been there 🤬

we'd sometimes leave the navy club after kick off and be in the wolsey before half time :p
Just thinking about this the other day, Was the club opposite the Navy Club called the Engineers? I spent a lot of time in there before the game.
Clipper Ship or George St after the match and then changed to the Lion later years

Started streaming out on Saturday on around 80 - 85 mins
Players acknowledged about 5000 fans that stayed to clap them off
Bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back