Fans leaving early

• Thread starter Deleted member 37458
  • Start date

It's not. We are the worst of any side I e ever seen in my opinion. And I've been to around 70% of league teams in England, and matches in Belgium, Australia and Scotland.

In my honest opinion the SOL is the worst for early leavers. A combination of reasons, main one being habit I think
Along with ingrained morose apathy.

Love how you have this thread as well. Tues Bolton equalised on 88... we won it on 90+1.

For me... fans pay their money and do what they want... the more late goals its their loss. But funny how every club must have this thread :)

Love how you have this thread as well. Tues Bolton equalised on 88... we won it on 90+1.

For me... fans pay their money and do what they want... the more late goals its their loss. But funny how every club must have this thread :)

I leave early most home games.
I do it because I want too.

Am I arsed I miss goals like Tuesday night... Absolutely.... Not.

My decision to go early. 👍👍

We are far worse than most imo.

Arsenal are the only other high profile club apart from us which I've seen massive gaps from 80 minutes onwards. But aye we've always been bad for it at the Sol. I remember it being just as bad in the Reid 7th place days, it's not a recent thing, there were letters printed in ALS regularly from people complaining about the early leavers.

Well in that case you mustn't be bothered whether we win lose or draw, so why go at all? Would you be bothered if the players decided to leave the pitch early?
Just don't understand your thought process.
Arsenal are the only other high profile club apart from us which I've seen massive gaps from 80 minutes onwards. But aye we've always been bad for it at the Sol. I remember it being just as bad in the Reid 7th place days, it's not a recent thing, there were letters printed in ALS regularly from people complaining about the early leavers.
It's been a problem for a while, I agree, but not to the extent it is now. I just don't understand.

Last edited:
Well in that case you mustn't be bothered whether we win lose or draw, so why go at all? Would you be bothered if the players decided to leave the pitch early?
Just don't understand your thought process.

It's been a problem for a while, I agree, but not to the extent it is now. I just don't understand.
If I was not arsed about seeing goals I dont think I would bother going inthe first place.

Not really mate.If it was a premiere league nail biter or a European decider then I would of been gutted . Instead it’s a 3rd tier game of footy.
Might as well stay at home and watch Barcelona or something on telly. Enjoy.
Why do people need a excuse or give a reason ,it confuses me massively why some think people who spend their hard earned money at the match have to have a excuse or have to explain why they leave, they don’t ,it’s their life ,they can leave when they want.
could you imagine someone leaving the cinema just before the end, or leaving a restaurant mid way through every else eating these desserts? Early leavers should have more courtes to everyone else, or stay at home.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is, if you are a betting person, you will know how often there are goals in the last 5 minutes , which is simply down to a team chasing it and scoring or getting picked off. It's pure logic. For me it is just plain weird to pay money and leave, but totally get that it's up to the individual. Fact remains that there are more second half goals in football matches than first half and certainly many, many late winners or equalisers as a team has to just go for it.

It is your decision, no one questions that. Just that it's a bit shit for the team and other fans, don't think anyone can question that either. And your loss, last minute equalisers and goals are one of the best parts of being a fan.

Might as well stay at home and watch Barcelona or something on telly. Enjoy.

could you imagine someone leaving the cinema just before the end, or leaving a restaurant mid way through every else eating these desserts? Early leavers should have more courtes to everyone else, or stay at home.

They would have spent their hard earned money on the cinema or on a meal, therefore I would not dream of criticising them for their choice, it’s none of my business and entirely their choice.

I would not leave early at the match or any of the above, but one thing for sure the fans owe the club absolutely nothing and when their spending good money, they can leave when they want.

And they definitely don’t have to come up with a excuse about what they do with their time and their money.

Last edited:
They would have spent their hard earned money on the cinema or on a meal, therefore I would not dream of criticising them for their choice, it’s none of my business and entirely their choice.

I would not leave early at the match or any of the above, but one thing for sure the fans owe the club absolutely nothing and when their spending good money, they can leave when they want.
It's hard to draw an exact comparison, but I think you CAN criticise people for their choice. Of course, it is their choice.

But their choice:
-Affects others as they leave
-Detracts from the atmosphere
-Looks crap to viewers of our team (including potential buyers of the club)
-Gives a morale boost to the opposition
-Is a kick in the balls for our own players who can't fail to see it and think 'oh well, fans have given up, they don't think we can do it'. Dont give me this their professionals pap, they are but they are also humans who affected by psychology like all other humans.

The only other comparison I could think of at the cinema people are using their phones or taking loudly, would you criticise them then? Like I said, there isn't really a direct comparison to justify or criticise.

Edit- of course I would never criticise people who have a good reason that they must leave, but that will be a minority. This is not aimed at them before anyone wades in

Last edited:
It's hard to draw an exact comparison, but I think you CAN criticise people for their choice. Of course, it is their choice.

But their choice:
-Is a kick in the balls for our own players who can't fail to see it and think 'oh well, fans have given up, they don't think we can do it'. Dont give me this their professionals pap, they are but they are also humans who affected by psychology like all other humans.

The only other comparison I could think of at the cinema people are using their phones or taking loudly, would you criticise them then? Like I said, there isn't really a direct comparison to justify or criticise.

Edit- of course I would never criticise people who have a good reason that they must leave, but that will be a minority. This is not aimed at them before anyone wades in

Well yeah if blocking view of others if their leave hate that, so agree.

But kick in the balls to the players asboutely crap, the players are getting paid, the supporters are paying!

The supporters owe the players and the club absolutely nothing, infact it’s the complete opposite!
Yeah I would critcise people in the cinema using their phone and talking loudly as I would people standing and blocking the view of people in seating areas at the match or people blocking the view of people when leaving that’s a better comparison.

Leaving early and just walking straight out is totally fine and up to them as it’s their life and money as I said their owe the club, players and fellow supporters fuck all!

Last edited:
Well yeah if blocking view of others if their leave hate that, so agree.

But kick in the balls to the players asboutely crap, the players are getting paid, the supporters are paying!

The supporters owe the players and the club absolutely nothing, infact it’s the complete opposite!
Yeah I would critcise people in the cinema using their phone and talking loudly as I would people standing and blocking the view of people in seating areas at the match or people blocking the view of people when leaving that’s a better comparison.

Leaving early and just walking straight out is totally fine and up to them as it’s their life and money as I said their owe the club, players and fellow supporters fuck all!
Fair enough, we''ll agree to disagree on some elements.

The players are getting paid, but they are still human. I explained that in my post. Its natural unintentional psychology.

But their choice:

Very good post mate.

I can remember not long after the stadium when people would get up to start leaving, the remainers would start chanting STAYING TIL THE END, I’M STAYING TIL THE END at them to call them out on it

And the leavers would look a bit uneasy as they shuffled down the steps

Was that throughout the ground or just in the NW corner??
Definitely in the NEC too.

Back