Fans leaving early

• Thread starter Deleted member 37458
  • Start date

It’s the same at every club. I was talking to a mag ST holder at work today about the same thing. A lot just keep going for the beers and crack with their mates rather than the footy these days.
It's not. We are the worst of any side I e ever seen in my opinion. And I've been to around 70% of league teams in England, and matches in Belgium, Australia and Scotland.

In my honest opinion the SOL is the worst for early leavers. A combination of reasons, main one being habit I think

Why I always stay to the end, I've got a bus then train and work tomorrow as well as kids going to school so I should have an excuse but ten minutes staying until the end is no effort on my behalf roaring the lads on when they need It most.

Sends a shit message to the Team on the pitch thousands leaving 10 minutes early as if they have given up. Saturday was the same, all the leavers were not on the night shift or dropping kids off I'll bet.

Why do people need a excuse or give a reason ,it confuses me massively why some think people who spend their hard earned money at the match have to have a excuse or have to explain why they leave, they don’t ,it’s their life ,they can leave when they want.

Last edited:
I had to leave on 85 to get back to the car at Southwick and then drive to Leeds to check in at a hotel before the midnight cutoff time. Then up at 6am for work tomorrow. Sorry if that makes me a grade a **** as someone kindly said. Prick.

this obviously isn’t aimed at you, that’s completely valid. Think the ops point is 99% probably have no excuse other than it’s what they do!

this obviously isn’t aimed at you, that’s completely valid. Think the ops point is 99% probably have no excuse other than it’s what they do!
Actually I was poking fun and being a little bit of a sadist.
I have had to leave early my self once or twice.

I've always gone to the game with my mates, for a beer and crack ( 40 years) and can say still don't understand why I would want to leave and not support my team to the end.Maybe my mates crack is lifting! ( only joking fellas!)
Each to their own but when Power scored and ran to the corner and there were very few left ..well it was embarrasing I thought ?
Last night we were pressing as well and looked like we just needed a break ....gerrin !
Difference that you going primarily for the footy. Many don’t seem to these days.

Difference that you going primarily for the footy. Many don’t seem to these days.
I love the games as much as always marra....if not more as I get I older , some great people attend Safc games and as long as those in the shirt are pulling their pluck out I'm happy.The current team are certainly doing that.My biggest concern is that Bailey Wrights organisation will be missed against those who break at speed against us .Really hope we go up ..if we don't I am very confident with a better start , we will next season.

Sign of a team that achieves something last gasp goals...and that we are allot fitter and don’t blow out our arses after 70 mins now...never understand leaving early mind unless you must be somewhere for work or family
I tend to stay till the end but last night I went straight to the game from work after doing a 12 hour shift. I left on 96 minutes and had literally just walked out the ground when we equalised. I've learned my lesson

I'll never understand those who park in the Stadium car parks. They pay for the privilege of parking right next to the ground, but miss the last 10 minutes of the match sat in a queue for 20 minutes because they're parked right next to the ground.

Why the smiley faces?? I left early. Missed the goal. Not arsed 1 bit. Don't you go worrying petal

I don't need an excuse. Or to explain myself to anybody.
I would never explain myself to you for anything else I do in life.
I don't know you and your opinion means nothing.

I'll come and go as I please thanks all the same. 👍👍

Last edited:
Block your view for 10 seconds while they leave their seats ?

Get a f***ing grip.

No, not that at all, I couldn't give a fuck about my view being blocked for ten seconds. I was quite obviously referring to the ignorant arseholes who block it for longer. It doesn't affect me now in my current seat but there was a game in the PL when I randomly ended up in row one in the east stand. We were comfortably behind and loads were leaving. Some wankers, instead of just f***ing off, decided to walk along but then, because we started to attack, they decided to stand there and watch, blocking people's view. Watmore scored a consolation and some who wanted to stay until the end missed the goal. Others stop on their way to the access to the concourse and no doubt block the view for others. If you want to go just get up and walk out, don't start hanging about where you might block the view of fans who actually want to see the whole of the game. If they just get up and walk out, and maybe then watch a bit from in front of the concourse entrance where they aren't blocking anyone else's view, then that's fine, it's when they're ignorant bellends that it winds me up

Last edited:
Why the smiley faces?? I left early. Missed the goal. Not arsed 1 bit. Don't you go worrying petal

Just having a bit of sadistic fun mate.

Thanks. Love you😍

Back