Fans leaving early

• Thread starter Deleted member 37458
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’ve seen enough!” He exclaimed to all around him at 86 minutes.
Was he sitting in his car when we scored I wonder, or half way to the Wearmouth bridge, or standing at a bus or Metro station when the roar went up?
What a waste of time to miss the moment like last nights equaliser. Yes, entirely in his rights to leave, he paid for his ticket after all, and he may have had a pressing reason to leave at that time, but f***ing hell man, you missed an absolutely classic moment!
Absolument, that equaliser was one of those precious moments of sheer ecstasy that makes all the stress and suffering worthwhile. It just boggles my mind that thousands turn their back and leave before the final act has unfolded.

You pays your money you takes your choice, the mass exodus brigade just confirms what an odd bunch we are though.

Rumour has it these early leavers tend to be the very same wallahs who a) get on the players backs at the drop of a hat, and b) drop their litter everywhere inside the ground ;).

Reactions: JJH
Must admit, I don't understand it at all. I had a laugh to myself when walking out across the East Stand Car Park after the game, and there are some of the fans who left early, sitting shivering in their cars, lights on, with 20 minutes to wait until the barriers go up. At least they got to the front of the queue to exit the car park, they must have saved themselves minutes in their journey time home. And if they were lucky they will have heard the crucial equalising goal that was scored a few yards away on the radio, while they were waiting.

“I’ve seen enough!” He exclaimed to all around him at 86 minutes.
Was he sitting in his car when we scored I wonder, or half way to the Wearmouth bridge, or standing at a bus or Metro station when the roar went up?
What a waste of time to miss the moment like last nights equaliser. Yes, entirely in his rights to leave, he paid for his ticket after all, and he may have had a pressing reason to leave at that time, but f***ing hell man, you missed an absolutely classic moment!
I was on the motorway by then and totally enjoyed going mental in the car with my youngest whilst listening to Benno screamin on the radio.
This year we in Quinns bar and yellow car park ....30 minutes wait after final whistle till car park gates open then probably another 20 minutes to actually get out of the car park..then the drive home.
Or get out 5 minutes early and away before the dossers who stay till the end are trudging home whilst complaining of the shite game ;)

Sign of a team that achieves something last gasp goals...and that we are allot fitter and don’t blow out our arses after 70 mins now...never understand leaving early mind unless you must be somewhere for work or family

Good to see us fighting / being fit (depending on your interpretation or opinion) until the whistle unlike prior PP times. It's a trait we had in the RK years which was the difference between success and failure.

3 scruffs in BCB area took their seats after 25 minutes left after 42 during which time they constantly slagged Gooch & Flannagan off. So glad they didn't return for second half near me.

I hate getting stuck in crowds when leaving events. I usually leave early if I have to commute somewhere, just to beat the rush.

If I had been at the game last night, I may well have left early. Up at 6:30am for work the next day. Sue me.

As I left on 93 minutes my parting words were we’d be here to f***ing midnight and still not score , this time I was proved wrong , so f***ing what ?

if the truth be known I would have quite happily left earlier .

So in reality I’ve missed a scuffed shot from a defensive midfielder that gave us a lucky home draw against an average league one team who are managed by a loathsome individual.

Excuse me whilst I’m overcome with indifference, I really couldn’t give a shit about missing the goal and certainly not what some spotty kids hiding behind a keyboard think of me for leaving early.

Best thing about the early leavers are the car drivers god kna how they waited before being let out so some of them must've left before the goal

People leaving early miss some of the best moments you can possibly have at a football match. Imagine leaving early and missing Ji scoring against City for example. Truly embarrassing.

Reactions: CEF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back