False rape claim lass gets 18 months

The age thing specifically, 25 is not too young to have 3 kids imo. For all we know she could have had twins and then another within 2 years.

Not that long ago if you weren't married with a kid by the time you were 21 you were deemed left on the shelf.

Everyone has different opinions and everyone makes different life choices but, imo, having 3 kids by the age of 25 (or 23 as the poster mentioned) isn't generally a great life choice.

Personally I'd rather enjoy my youth, get set up with decent career options and grow up a bit before having kids.

A 23y old mother living off the state should not have 3 kids.
That's a ridiculous statement. There are all sorts of reasons that mothers find themselves left with 3 children, through no fault of their own. You're effectively condemning all women in this situation, for the actions of a few who might milk the system.

I haven’t read the article. I was working on the assumption that the dad was a runner
The chances are high that this is the case, but you'll get short shrift from this lot.

Last edited:
That's a ridiculous statement. There are all sorts of reasons that mothers find themselves left with 3 children, through no fault of their own. You're effectively condemning all women in this situation, for the actions of a few who might milk the system.

The chances are high that this is the case, but you'll get short shrift from this lot.

I don't believe anyone is condemning all women in that situation (I'm sure there are a variety of reasons why it could be beyond someone's control) but I'd suggest the majority of 23 year olds (men or women) who find themselves with 3 children have not reached that point through responsible family planning.

I don't believe anyone is condemning all women in that situation (I'm sure there are a variety of reasons why it could be beyond someone's control) but I'd suggest the majority of 23 year olds (men or women) who find themselves with 3 children have not reached that point through responsible family planning.
I still think that’s ridiculously judgemental. From being a society that encouraged lasses to have babies when they were much younger, we’ve now become a society that looks down on such behaviour. I’m a grandparent for the first time, having had a family in my 30s. My kids didn’t have theirs until their 30s. Here I am at almost 70, and I’d give anything to have more energy around the little ones. I’m knackered after a couple of hours, and just not fit enough to help them out as I’d like to. Of course there are some kids that have babies, and don’t deal with the responsibility, but there’s plenty of older parents out there who are absolutely shite at parenting. We’re being manipulated by those with power to make us judgemental. It’s such a shame, and we’ve never been more divided as a society.

Back