Fallout 76

Seem to be forgetting people are absolute twats online.
There's an anti-griefing thing where it's hard to do any damage to other players and, like GTA, you get a bounty for killing people that comes out of your own cash. But, it won't take long for PC users to hack it. I give it a week until it's one big griefing mess like GTA online.

I'm really struggling to see what the point of this game is.

The combat in fallout games has always been fairly shit and clunky, so to base the entire game around it and not have any story elements seems bizarre. That early gameplay footage just looked boring, can't imagine people putting hours and hours into it if that's all there is.

I saw a video the other day, about 45mins of gameplay and it looked like I wanted it too. So I'm back to a maybe.

Beta starts the neet on PS4. 11 o clock like, I'm got the day off tomorrow but I'll not be able to keep me eyes open beyond 12.

Dinnit like it. First impression.

Last edited:
I saw a video the other day, about 45mins of gameplay and it looked like I wanted it too. So I'm back to a maybe.

Beta starts the neet on PS4. 11 o clock like, I'm got the day off tomorrow but I'll not be able to keep me eyes open beyond 12.

Dinnit like it. First impression.

You just wander round shooting shit?

It looks terrible, fallout combats never been great thus why vats was my go to move and this vats looks terrible and they seem to have not fixed the enemy spawn that destroyed base attacks in fallout 4

Last edited:
its shite

if you want to play solo its an absolute grind with no way to make decent XP other than being forced into multiplayer...usually with twatful bellends

When I saw this was multiplayer it didn’t cross my mind that I’d be interested. But having played a bit of Destiny 2 I was warming to the idea as I love the Fallout world and gameplay. Now everyone’s comments are putting me off……

Might just get it on release in the hope I can sell it for just a small loss if I do hate it

When I saw this was multiplayer it didn’t cross my mind that I’d be interested. But having played a bit of Destiny 2 I was warming to the idea as I love the Fallout world and gameplay. Now everyone’s comments are putting me off……

Might just get it on release in the hope I can sell it for just a small loss if I do hate it

I had a couple of spells on the Beta - enjoyed it; plenty of quests to do by the looks of it, easy enough to avoid others if you wish or to join in; map seems massive so if you want to play it solo and explore you should be good to go

I had a couple of spells on the Beta - enjoyed it; plenty of quests to do by the looks of it, easy enough to avoid others if you wish or to join in; map seems massive so if you want to play it solo and explore you should be good to go

That’s what I was thinking. Quite happy just mooching around stumbling across stuff, that’s the best bit of Bethesda games anyway. Happy to do public events but just do my own thing and not play co-op.

This is from reddit...

Welcome to 5 reasons not to use an engine that you made entirely open and provided all the tools needed to mod that engine in an online game. Oh and how to entirely not secure anything for your users.

I am as much a Fallout and Bethesda fan as everyone else, I've sunk around 4000 hours into Fallout4 and have been making mods for about 2 years. So when I got into the PC Beta and it allowed me to download the client and files, I started playing with them.

Number 1: There are no server checks to verify models or file integrity. Want to make trees smaller, or player models bright colors to see them easier? Go right ahead, here are the tools to do it!

Number 2: Terrain and invisible walls/collision is client side! Want to walk through walls? Open up that beautiful .esm file and edit it. The server doesn't care or check!

Number 3: Want to save money on server hardware and make ping a little more manageable? Go ahead and open up client to client communication but don't encrypt it or obfuscate it in anyway. Open up Wireshark while playing and nab anyone's IP you want! Send packets to the server to auto use consumables, all very nicely and in plain text! Even get health info and player location, why waste time injecting the executable and getting nabbed by anti-cheat when you can get all info from the network!

Number 4: Want to grief people and be a God? Go ahead and keep looping the packet captured in Wireshark reporting you gave full HP. Why would the server care about something as little and not game breaking like this?!?! It's a great idea to let the client tell the server it's state and the server not check anything it's being told! The possibilities with this are endless and probably able to just give yourself items by telling the server you picked it up!

Number 5: Someone in your game being mean? Again have Wireshark? Well let's just forge a packet with the disconnect command in it and knock them offline!

In conclusion: Bethesda should not have just made Fallout76 by throwing mods on it from Nexus and sold it as a new game. Have fun in the wasteland gamers.

:lol: As soon as I heard you could look at the ground and sprint faster than someone else not looking at the ground and sprinting, I knew it was broken.

Every bethesda game is a bug filled mess so it's no surprise, they make amazing stories and worlds but the application just doesn't seem quite right to me.

This is from reddit...

Welcome to 5 reasons not to use an engine that you made entirely open and provided all the tools needed to mod that engine in an online game. Oh and how to entirely not secure anything for your users.

I am as much a Fallout and Bethesda fan as everyone else, I've sunk around 4000 hours into Fallout4 and have been making mods for about 2 years. So when I got into the PC Beta and it allowed me to download the client and files, I started playing with them.

Number 1: There are no server checks to verify models or file integrity. Want to make trees smaller, or player models bright colors to see them easier? Go right ahead, here are the tools to do it!

Number 2: Terrain and invisible walls/collision is client side! Want to walk through walls? Open up that beautiful .esm file and edit it. The server doesn't care or check!

Number 3: Want to save money on server hardware and make ping a little more manageable? Go ahead and open up client to client communication but don't encrypt it or obfuscate it in anyway. Open up Wireshark while playing and nab anyone's IP you want! Send packets to the server to auto use consumables, all very nicely and in plain text! Even get health info and player location, why waste time injecting the executable and getting nabbed by anti-cheat when you can get all info from the network!

Number 4: Want to grief people and be a God? Go ahead and keep looping the packet captured in Wireshark reporting you gave full HP. Why would the server care about something as little and not game breaking like this?!?! It's a great idea to let the client tell the server it's state and the server not check anything it's being told! The possibilities with this are endless and probably able to just give yourself items by telling the server you picked it up!

Number 5: Someone in your game being mean? Again have Wireshark? Well let's just forge a packet with the disconnect command in it and knock them offline!

In conclusion: Bethesda should not have just made Fallout76 by throwing mods on it from Nexus and sold it as a new game. Have fun in the wasteland gamers.

ooooooh an angry, unverified by an actual techie, post by an entitled incel on Reddit - that’s got me convinced

This is from reddit...

Most of that means nothing to me and I'll be playing on ps4 anyway.

Back