Fallout 76

Been playing it 3.5 hours and managed to claim a Workshop already. Had to fight off a herd of Ghouls to get it, armed with just a machete, now I have the whole place fortified and with turrets. Only saw one other player and had no mike so had to fuck them off. Only died once because you can't pause the game - I went for a fag and came back to find myself fatally wounded :lol:

Got it for 35 quid using my various vouchers and I can't tell if I like it or not, seems a bit average, and it probably won't drag me away from Red Dead too much.

Shame really because I f***ing loved New Vegas and Fallout 3 but Fallout 4 and this seem to have came across all dead rubber like

Apparently when you claim a Workshop then leave the game you lose everything you do there so I found some other twat had claimed it when I got back :cry:

It is kind of hilarious when there are 3 or 4 unconnected players all wanting to use a terminal or cooking station. Or when one is flagged in red as an arsehole and everyone rushes to kill them.

Me hope for this game because the whole mantra has been rebuilding society was that if you teamed up with others it'd be fairly persistent and you could have a 'society' but it just dawned on me that the two lads I've made pals with tonight I probably won't bump into again

Had a quality moment today in the church at Flatwoods when I was trading with the robot vendor there. Two guys appeared outside and one started shooting at me. I went outside and he kept shooting so I ran towards him with my Firemans Axe and I heard this Australian voice say "Oh shit I'm outta here !" the other guy just backed off. While I was chopping him up he cried "Why are you doing this to me ?" then died in a pool of blood. When he respawned he yelled "I'll get you for that !" so I found him and killed him again. This time he fucked off and I could see him getting further away on the map, back with his buddy.
Moral ; Don't mess with the Mackems :lol:

Controller nearly went through the telly last night. I'd died and was on my way to pick my junk back up (I'd been on ages and got loads and loads of wood from the North) and the game crashed. Lost a good 3 hours worth of loot.

Took me ages to get into Fallout 4 with it being so open ended. I'm used to one story with a single conclusion so it was a shock to the system that I could seemingly do it in any order I wanted. Probably went back to it 4 or 5 times over a year then proper hammered it for about 20 hours before RDR2 came out. I'll probably go back to it at some point.

As for Fallout 76 I think that would be too much of a stretch for me going off reviews and the like. I need some NPC story stuff not just audio logs. The janky Fallout experience seems to be even more of an issue with it compared to the single player Fallout 4. It would be like going back a generation after Red Dead.

Am I wrong to the people who've played it?

Took me ages to get into Fallout 4 with it being so open ended. I'm used to one story with a single conclusion so it was a shock to the system that I could seemingly do it in any order I wanted. Probably went back to it 4 or 5 times over a year then proper hammered it for about 20 hours before RDR2 came out. I'll probably go back to it at some point.

As for Fallout 76 I think that would be too much of a stretch for me going off reviews and the like. I need some NPC story stuff not just audio logs. The janky Fallout experience seems to be even more of an issue with it compared to the single player Fallout 4. It would be like going back a generation after Red Dead.

Am I wrong to the people who've played it?

Sill can’t get used to the eating and drinking bit, almost everything gives you radiation so I’m just letting that chip away at my health bar until it gets to about a third then I’m taking a Radaway. Then I stock up on dirty water to boil and I’m back to being irradiated again. I need better perks for rads and eating/drinking.

The ghouls and scorched (ghouls with guns) are awful graphically and seem to walk through gunshots a bit much for my liking. I’ve used my melee weapon more in a few days of this than in all the time I spent on 3, NV and 4 combined. My shotgun is a bit better than the pistol I was using. Damage dealt is clearly glitched as I have quite a powerful shotgun that takes 2 or 3 headshots at close range to down things.

I'm really tempted to buy it if I'm honest, as I love Fallout and I'm curious, but the price and the very mixed reviews are putting me off.

This. I'm enjoying it but it doesn't feel like a Fallout game. I wouldn't be surprised if prices go down as early as next week, definitely in January.

The loss of VATS as an aid has made it feel very different. Spend very little time in the Pip Boy menus as well as invariably you get jumped by some ghouls or scorched.

I'm getting more used to it now and it's not as awful as some reviewers are making out, but it could, and should, have been so much better.

Top tip for beginners....if an event starts near you just go and hang out on the fringes. Twice now I've completed an event by accident and got canny XP and rewards without even seeing an enemy never mind killing one :lol:

Back