F1 2018

Been thinking massively about getting a Sky Sports F1 Season Pass from Now TV. It is only £150. Would this be a good idea? I want to somehow get back to not just F1 but all single seat racing. I want to give it another go. I think it will be canny this year if the new kids make waves and ruffle feathers like Verstappen is. I am hoping the Williams boys Ocon and Sirotkin prove everyone wrong. It isn't just women drivers that get a raw deal by the big drivers and teams. Young kids trying to make it are often subject to a lot of skepticism. The ability is often doubted. F3 is a far better place right now than F2.

It's Stroll and Sirotkin at Williams, Ocon drives for Force India.

It's Stroll and Sirotkin at Williams, Ocon drives for Force India.

Please tell me how that trivial and barely incidental matter is more important enough to focus on and talk about about than my request to get info on whether Now TV is worth getting to watch F1 what with there not being any sign of F1 on Free-to-air network in 2019.

Hamilton gets no luck or shit luck in Australia again. No surprises the powers that be make he safety car benefit the Ferrari's. The choice between safety car and virtual safety always benefits them cheating fuckers
It needed a full SC immediately imo. Car stuck on the track. They wasted 2 laps of the race working out what to do, when it obviously just needed the SC.

Vettel wins the race with a loophole in the rules which means you can go faster in the pit lane.
Is that issue that you can floor it from the point you leave the normal race track until you hit the pitlane line? If so, then yeh, that's a bit of an issue.
But in general, pitting during a VSC is always a massive advantage, as everyone is going slow.

Also, Hamilton got to within 0.8 with 5 laps left and has to drop back and turn his engine down to protect it for future races? I'd rather just see flat out racing in every race thank you, not have drivers worrying about 2/3 races time
He caught up that fast because he was using "max quali" mode on the engine - a mode that's only meant to be used for about 5% of the engine's planned lifespan. If you want to run that fast 100% of the time, the cost of the engines would be 5x as much, or they'd need a new engine every race. So no, you can't do that.

What happened?

I've seen people on twitter saying Ferrari have cheated but haven't seen anything of the actual incident

Hamilton and Kimi had already done their out stop. Then both Haas cars went in and came out with a wheel not attached so they done a virtual safety car which limits everyone to a certain speed. Vettel who was in 1st still needed to pit and would have been garuntees to come out after Kimi with Hamilton in 1st place. But cos of the virtual safety car it meant he could pit and get out infront.

Supposedly the limit in the pit is higher than the limit on track under a virtual safety car.

Hamilton had by far the best quali and race and lost it cos of a daft rule. Don't get me wrong a don't blame vettel as much as a can't stand him. The rule is shocking.

Please tell me how that trivial and barely incidental matter is more important enough to focus on and talk about about than my request to get info on whether Now TV is worth getting to watch F1 what with there not being any sign of F1 on Free-to-air network in 2019.

Well, I'd imagine it's quite important to Ocon given that Force India seem to have the better car.

With regard to TV in 2019, Sky must show the British Grand Prix on a free to air channel and also highlights of all other races. In the end, it comes down to personal judgement. I'll watch as I've got Sky Sports but probably wouldn't if I was paying just for F1 alone.

Hamilton and Kimi had already done their out stop. Then both Haas cars went in and came out with a wheel not attached so they done a virtual safety car which limits everyone to a certain speed. Vettel who was in 1st still needed to pit and would have been garuntees to come out after Kimi with Hamilton in 1st place. But cos of the virtual safety car it meant he could pit and get out infront.

Supposedly the limit in the pit is higher than the limit on track under a virtual safety car.

Hamilton had by far the best quali and race and lost it cos of a daft rule. Don't get me wrong a don't blame vettel as much as a can't stand him. The rule is shocking.

f***ing shit that.
Cheers

f***ing shit that.
Cheers

Shit, and not true.

The pit lane speed limit is ~40mph in this race. So that's just totally not correct.

However, it seems the VSC "arrive by times" don't apply once you leave the circuit - so the track between when you leave the main track, and reach the pit speed limit line, and again, from the other end of the pit speed line until the main track - you can go flat out there and make up a couple of seconds.

Shit, and not true.

The pit lane speed limit is ~40mph in this race. So that's just totally not correct.

However, it seems the VSC "arrive by times" don't apply once you leave the circuit - so the track between when you leave the main track, and reach the pit speed limit line, and again, from the other end of the pit speed line until the main track - you can go flat out there and make up a couple of seconds.
It's not even the pit entry and exit. As soon as you pass the final Marshall point and are in the last sector of the track you can go for it as you don't pass the next one (start/finish line). Same when you come out of the pits. Depending on the distance between the marshalling points that can be a fair amount of time you can gain over the rest of the field.
I suspect they will tweak the regulations so it can't happen again, either with a further speed limit reduction in the pit lane, or marshalling points at pit exit and pit entry so the start/finish straight is it's own sector.

It's not even the pit entry and exit. As soon as you pass the final Marshall point and are in the last sector of the track you can go for it as you don't pass the next one (start/finish line). Same when you come out of the pits. Depending on the distance between the marshalling points that can be a fair amount of time you can gain over the rest of the field.
I suspect they will tweak the regulations so it can't happen again, either with a further speed limit reduction in the pit lane, or marshalling points at pit exit and pit entry so the start/finish straight is it's own sector.
Aye, Good point.
They need those "points of earliest arrival" to be smack on where you leave the track to go to the pits.

Well, I'd imagine it's quite important to Ocon given that Force India seem to have the better car.

It would be beneficial to you to shut the fook up now! Don't know whether this is all some win-up or you are being genuinely pedantic but please, for God's sake and yours, forget about it. It is a non-issue.

With regard to TV in 2019, Sky must show the British Grand Prix on a free to air channel and also highlights of all other races. In the end, it comes down to personal judgement. I'll watch as I've got Sky Sports but probably wouldn't if I was paying just for F1 alone.

It ain't just F1. You get loads of archive races of the most recent circuit raced in the new season and you also get loads of other F1 related content like interviews of living legends and profiles of racing legends who aren't like Fangio, Regazzoni and Rindt. You also see the support races like F2 and the Porsche SuperCup. I like GT racing and also one make GT series.

It would be beneficial to you to shut the fook up now! Don't know whether this is all some win-up or you are being genuinely pedantic but please, for God's sake and yours, forget about it. It is a non-issue.

It ain't just F1. You get loads of archive races of the most recent circuit raced in the new season and you also get loads of other F1 related content like interviews of living legends and profiles of racing legends who aren't like Fangio, Regazzoni and Rindt. You also see the support races like F2 and the Porsche SuperCup. I like GT racing and also one make GT series.
You are answering your own question again. You asked of it was worth it, someone has told you why they don't think so and you've then reeled off the reason you don't agree with them.

Lewis starts 9th? And doesn't look to have the pace to beat the reds. Interesting.

Did Hamilton just overtook 4 people in one go?

Last edited:

Back