F1 2018

Discussion in 'SMB' started by The Lambton Worm, Feb 28, 2018.

1. PTR

PTR Striker

They'll end up moving to Bahrain or something next year I guess.

Seems one or two of the teams are happy with their prep so far, and veto'd a request to add an extra testing day too, the utter bastards lol

the boot and Dmac1969 like this.
  2. johnnyat87

johnnyat87 Winger

:lol: It's amusing that other teams seem surprised at their cutthroat approach.

PTR likes this.
  3. anth

anth Midfield

4. cant seem to find a thread so I thought I’d start one.

Testing completed and Merc look like they’ve improved on everyone and the team to beat this year. I can see the title being wrapped up canny early this season.

5. I know they’re for safety but the halos on the cars look fucking awful

6. The Hesford Diet

The Hesford Diet Midfield

Just watched the paddock uncut and notebook programmes. It seems as if Ferrari have a bit of work to do with their engine.

7. Musicman

Musicman Striker

Got ticket for Baku already

8. Chance I could be off to Abu Dhabi at the end of the season, just need to sort a few things out

Only three engines allowed this season and the Mercs engine looks bullet proof

9. Dmac1969

Dmac1969 Winger

This. Not even sure it would have saved Senna or helped Massa when he got injured either. The Indycar solution whilst still ungainly is at least slightly better.

10. scotch

scotch Winger

That'll be McLaren struggling for engines by race 4

11. And the Honda engine seems decent enough for Torro Rosso it hasn’t broke down yet

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Winger

Best looking car?

Renault imo. Yellow from a birds eye view black from the side, looks mint.

Lewis for another title :cool:

13. PTR

PTR Striker

It was never anything to do with a senna or jules type crash.
    The did hundreds of simulations of a massa style incident, and halo improved the outcome in the vast majority of the tests.

14. safc1981

safc1981 Full Back

I’m looking forward to this season. Merc and red bull appear to have withheld doing fast laps and focused on long runs, are they hiding their quali pace??

15. You didn't look very hard then.

F1 2018

16. Steesafc

Steesafc Striker

Hamilton will win the title.

17. Smiler

Smiler Striker

The McLaren looks miles better than everything else

Averaged a second faster than anyone else in the long distance race distances, looks ominous but teams are well renowned for sandbagging in tests. Be interesting to see individual sector times during the long runs as that's usually the best indicator as they more often than not pile a fast sector in and take it easy the rest of the lap to hide the real pace

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    PTR likes this.
  18. Bump cos it’s hard to search for F1 with it only having 2 characters;)

19. HoxtonMackem

HoxtonMackem Full Back

Who will be watching on Sunday then?

Predictions?

Going to stick my tin hat on and say a Vettel win.

Last year on free to air too, suicidal for the sport to have no free to air coverage at all from 2019 onwards (as it stands)