F1 2018

what for?

Looks like he went too slow under red flag conditions

Hamilton should win again but I think it will be Varstappen who gains all the plaudits this year

Absolutely no way you can tell until the first quali and race but as quali looks like it's going to be a wet one even that won't tell the true story. Pre-season practice times and 1st practice sessions rarely tell the true pace of everyone unless they are miles ahead as Brawn were when Button won his world championship

Last edited:
Looks like he went too slow under red flag conditions

Absolutely no way you can tell until the first quali and race but as quali looks like it's going to be a wet one even that won't tell the true story. Pre-season practice times and 1st practice sessions rarely tell the true pace of everyone unless they are miles ahead as Brawn were when Button won his world championship
Even then weren't Brawn about a second slower in FP1 & 2 than they were in quali? I'm sure it was being reported on the Friday that it would be closer than expected but with Brawn ahead slightly, then they went and obliterated everyone when it mattered.

If we have a similar pattern this weekend, it should be a comfortable Merc win, even in the rain.

Even then weren't Brawn about a second slower in FP1 & 2 than they were in quali? I'm sure it was being reported on the Friday that it would be closer than expected but with Brawn ahead slightly, then they went and obliterated everyone when it mattered.

If we have a similar pattern this weekend, it should be a comfortable Merc win, even in the rain.

They were four seconds ahead during pre-season practices on average. They were obliterating everyone else without putting huge effort in

They were four seconds ahead during pre-season practices on average. They were obliterating everyone else without putting huge effort in
I remember that now, the bookies took forever to catch up and I got 33/1 for Button to win the title :cool: I don't remember them being that far ahead in practice in Australia though, but in quali they cruised to the front row.

Back