F1 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine winning a race after months of bad luck and second and third are Bottas and Raikkonen. They don’t half suck the fun out the Finns like :lol:
They have 1 emotion don't they? I think that's why Danny Ric was itching to get out of the drivers room and onto the podium.

Brilliant effort by Red Bull* to get the win today. It was 2 minutes from not making qualifying, and they called the strategy spot on today.
*Except Horner, can't stand the bloke.

Brilliant race, with a bit of everything. It's looking like we're going to have a three horse race for the Constructors championship this year. Mercs aero design that relies on them being in front in clear air could end up costing them this time.

I woke a bit later than the start time and by the time I got up and switched on my computer and Now TV got up and running it was Lap 5. Loved every moment of it. People criticize F1 for being all about strategy and not enough about passing (though I saw plenty of that) but strategy is absolutely crucial and we saw how much it can swing a race in one team's favour or away form it. The strategy of Red Bull Racing, Mercedes and Ferrari massively I thought impacted on not only the team but on each other. The Mercedes strategy I think worked against Ferrari well but in the hands of RBR. I am a BIG fan of Ferrari so I am massively disappointed at how badly it worked for them but I also like RBR and I am pleased theirs worked well for them.

But I would rather this poor race for Ferrari happened now than at the end where this could have cost them the title.

Dull as dishwater until around lap 16, excellent after that.

The cherry on the top was Alonso overtaking vettel right at the end.

Ricciardo was 16/1 when the safety car was out

Turns out Hamilton was right. Verstappen IS a dickhead :lol: It was better seeing Vettel trying to get back at Alonso late on but being forced off the track. That was a very definite "You might be a 4 times champion but I don't rate you" moment.

I'm glad Kimi finished ahead of Vettel ferrari screwed him over yet again.

Hamilton hasn't had a very good weekend at all so I can imagine finishing 4th and making up a few points on Vettel is a good result for him.

Safety car is much better than virtual safety car.

Mercedes yet to win a race but still winning the constructors they are still very strong and if a weekend or 2 goes their way they will pull away from the others.

Class race from the pit stops onwards. Great initiative from Red Bull double stacking twice. Cannot believe Mercedes didn’t pull Hamilton in when the safety car came out like Red Bull did. Max is mental like :lol: only negative is Kimi held onto the final podium step

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back