Ex-wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex shouldn't be paying her entire gas bill, her entire electricity bill, entire food bill, entire sky bill, entire phone bill....just the proportion attributed to their son.

£500 is roughly two thirds of what I pay for utilities and shopping for a family of 4 per month.

Money doesn't go down proportionately with only two, though. A radiator or heating costs just as much to heat two as four. Sky don't give subsidies if there's only two watching it. Rent isn't levied by the amount in a household, etc etc.

It does sound a bit unfair but life isn't always fair.

Not a chance it was that much. Unless you had sales bonus as well.

I started on about £7.80. This was 6 years ago.
That's how much it was mate, but this was outbound sales and before PPI was canned, not including bonus either, although the bonus was shite.

I applied for Barclays and got knocked back twice because of the hourly rate when I was 18.
Knocked back because of the hourly rate? What do you mean?

Money doesn't go down proportionately with only two, though. A radiator or heating costs just as much to heat two as four. Sky don't give subsidies if there's only two watching it. Rent isn't levied by the amount in a household, etc etc.

It does sound a bit unfair but life isn't always fair.

I'd question then what proportion she's paying.

My mate used to do sales there part time through uni, his bonus used to knock him up to the full time basic wage.
When I was there it was a great salary and shite bonus. But outbound earned more than inbound and it was my first proper job which was decent. When I left I went to a different call centre that had an average salary but an amazing bonus scheme to earn more.

She's doing my head in.

Tried to keep it civilised for sake of my lad. He'll be finished secondary next year when all the madness can stop.

Latest is he's brought a letter home from college about a ski trip. Great value and a great opportunity for him. She's kicked off saying he should pay for it himself.

Her logic is:
She gives him £120 a month and from that he has to buy his own clothes, haircuts, nights out and teenager stuff. She reckons he can pay for his own ski trip.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.

Is she taking the piss or am I out of touch with how much it costs to feed a 17 year old?

I feel your pain mate. I pay mine $365 a week and she still asks for additional shit despite the fact that the kid is at my place at nearly half the week... Then she swanned off to Dubai for 10 days and I had to still pay her while she was gone and I had the kid!!!

It's insane, it really is.

That said, if you can afford the trup for the kid, do it, and let his mother think he paid towards it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back