Ex-wife

Who said that?

Who mentioned labels?

Not all designer clothes have the label on the front btw .

You are clearly 70 plus so I understand why you don't care about your appearance so don't worry your little self mate

Shallow Hal

Teenagers are shallow as fuck man. :lol:

Getting worse man....with their manicured eyebrows and chicken leg jeans. Not like us back in the 70’s with our Doc Martens, crombies and Brut :lol:

Last edited:
She's doing my head in.

Tried to keep it civilised for sake of my lad. He'll be finished secondary next year when all the madness can stop.

Latest is he's brought a letter home from college about a ski trip. Great value and a great opportunity for him. She's kicked off saying he should pay for it himself.

Her logic is:
She gives him £120 a month and from that he has to buy his own clothes, haircuts, nights out and teenager stuff. She reckons he can pay for his own ski trip.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.

Is she taking the piss or am I out of touch with how much it costs to feed a 17 year old?
Hell soon be 18 marra and you can give him the cash direct ???
Btw she sounds like a reet greedy twat, but of course I don’t know her fianancial situation.

Hell soon be 18 marra and you can give him the cash direct ???
Btw she sounds like a reet greedy twat, but of course I don’t know her fianancial situation.

Once his son leaves full time education he won't have to pay anything at all as maintenance then stops (though he can if he still wants to of course, and he could give it directly to his son and not his mother as you say).

I currently have 2 of my children(eldest is not mine biologically, I took him on as a two month old and the youngest) who both live with me and their mother pays not one penny to me for them, she has since started a new family with a druggy and my youngest in particular who's 14 wants absolutely nothing to do with her, plus I wont allow him to go whilst that drug addict prick is there. she hasn't contacted him since july 19th, even had a cancer scare in august and she still hasn't even asked how the results went, I just cant fathom how she can be like this to who was her "baby" as such until the new kid came along, it beggars belief

Fair play for that

Her logic is:
She gives him £120 a month and from that he has to buy his own clothes, haircuts, nights out and teenager stuff. She reckons he can pay for his own ski trip.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.

Is she taking the piss or am I out of touch with how much it costs to feed a 17 year old?
You've answered your own question mate. She is.

Look at it this way - You are paying £500 for HIS maintenance. The normal assumption is that she should also contribute a similar amount - he is half hers, so to speak. So that's a grand a month to look after a 17-year old. She gives him £120 of it to pay for clothes, haircuts etc leaving her with £880 a month to pay for HIS food, light and heat. Really? Where the f@@k does she live, and what type of house? Where's she buying the bait? Harrods food court?

Essentially, as we can probably safely assume she's not matching what you pay, she's paying nowt towards his upkeep and relying on your £380 to pay for him - probably with a fair bit of it on herself anarl.

My eldest is in a similar situation with his ex and their daughter. He works every shift going and she bleeds him dry and contributes sweet f@@k all. Getting a job is not an option for her as it would interfere with her sitting up all night slagging him off on her phone. Then, when he gets home after night shift, he'll get a message saying he has to go to hers and look after the bairn 'cos she's too tired.

At least you've only go a few months of it to go - he's got another 16 years of it.

Last edited:
Just curious, do the teachers who accompany these school trips get a freeby or pay the full whack ?

She's doing my head in.

Tried to keep it civilised for sake of my lad. He'll be finished secondary next year when all the madness can stop.

Latest is he's brought a letter home from college about a ski trip. Great value and a great opportunity for him. She's kicked off saying he should pay for it himself.

Her logic is:

500 isn't that bad tbh, but think eyess being harsh on the boy, only young once and so fuck of he's spent his money, at some point he'll have an ex wife to pay so let the lad enjoy some good times.

Back