Ex-wife

She's doing my head in.

Tried to keep it civilised for sake of my lad. He'll be finished secondary next year when all the madness can stop.

Latest is he's brought a letter home from college about a ski trip. Great value and a great opportunity for him. She's kicked off saying he should pay for it himself.

Her logic is:
She gives him £120 a month and from that he has to buy his own clothes, haircuts, nights out and teenager stuff. She reckons he can pay for his own ski trip.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.

Is she taking the piss or am I out of touch with how much it costs to feed a 17 year old?

She's doing my head in.

Tried to keep it civilised for sake of my lad. He'll be finished secondary next year when all the madness can stop.

Latest is he's brought a letter home from college about a ski trip. Great value and a great opportunity for him. She's kicked off saying he should pay for it himself.

Her logic is:
She gives him £120 a month and from that he has to buy his own clothes, haircuts, nights out and teenager stuff. She reckons he can pay for his own ski trip.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.

Is she taking the piss or am I out of touch with how much it costs to feed a 17 year old?
Although the 500 quid a month thing would have me raging.

Giving a 15/16 year old 120 quid a month..... am I out of touch thinking that's high?

She's doing my head in.

Her logic is:

380 doesn’t seem to harsh to me as food will be a big chunk of that, she has to maintain the family home and there will be other incidentals to pick up no doubt. Sounds like she is angling for you to pay for the trip mate!

She's doing my head in.

Her logic is:

I'm no expert - but can you not give him £500 direct instead.

I'd have loved that if my Dad gave me £500 a month at 17.

Although the 500 quid a month thing would have me raging.

Giving a 15/16 year old 120 quid a month..... am I out of touch thinking that's high?

I was earning 120 quid a month on a YTS some 24 year ago and it was enough to get by on, now I would guess its not even enough to buy a computer game

I currently have 2 of my children(eldest is not mine biologically, I took him on as a two month old and the youngest) who both live with me and their mother pays not one penny to me for them, she has since started a new family with a druggy and my youngest in particular who's 14 wants absolutely nothing to do with her, plus I wont allow him to go whilst that drug addict prick is there. she hasn't contacted him since july 19th, even had a cancer scare in august and she still hasn't even asked how the results went, I just cant fathom how she can be like this to who was her "baby" as such until the new kid came along, it beggars belief

I would want a breakdown of what she spends the £500 on, bear in mind you shouldn't be paying all of his living costs

In terms of the skiing trip get it paid for him, I went skiing with the school and it was class

She's doing my head in.

Her logic is:

I didn't know people were still at secondary school when they were 17?

Is he in sixth form? If he is he needs to get a job. I worked for barclays at 16.

£27 a week? If he's getting it to piss up the wall then aye imo. If he's using it to buy clothes including his shoes then probably not.

Edit: .Hang on, lad is 17. Should get a job imo.
I thought he was 16 but aye at 17 a job is the answer like

I was earning 120 quid a month on a YTS some 24 year ago and it was enough to get by on, now I would guess its not even enough to buy a computer game
It's more than enough to get a computer game.

I didn't know people were still at secondary school when they were 17?

Is he in sixth form? If he is he needs to get a job. I worked for barclays at 16.

I thought he was 16 but aye at 17 a job is the answer like

It's more than enough to get a computer game.
I used to do 20-25 hours a week in a call centre at that age, got about a ton a week.

Lad will be sixth form.

And to be fair that’s the most important thing :rolleyes:
At about that age it was probably up there for me tbh.

Back