Ex-wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sympathise mate. I've never missed a payment to my ex for the two kids, even paying well over the odds for several years which I then realised she was just using to fund her own lifestyle rather than going towards the kids. Now I pay the CSA or equivalent's calculated rate and I still have very little say as to when and where I can see the kids. Roll on two years time when they've both left school age and I can let her fend for herself, the feckless twat. She's not worked beyond two day a week on the tills in Asda for nearly 15 years and has no intention I can see of ever working full time again despite the kids now being 15 and 13 and going to school down the road.

Sorry, rant over.

I used to do 20-25 hours a week in a call centre at that age, got about a ton a week.

Lad will be sixth form.

At about that age it was probably up there for me tbh.
Same here, went to sixth form all week, 5-8 worked at barclays and saturday 9-3pm

Got about 900 quid a month.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.
Do you have to give her that amount? If not, I would give her the bare minimum and give the kid the rest directly.

So is that a reasonable amount to give a kid these days? f***ing hell. 10 years ago I was 16 and I got a tenner a week
Aye but what does 27quid buy now, bearing in mind he's buying his own clothes too...unless he's shopping at primark and other shite a trackie top will knock him back 60 quid or so, same for a pair of trainers etc etc

As for the job, yep nought stopping him earning a little bit more doing a part time job if he can find one

So what's the difference? She'll still need the same for gas, electricity, food, sky etc. I'm assuming he'll also have a phone which will be coming out of the £500 a month.

Ex shouldn't be paying her entire gas bill, her entire electricity bill, entire food bill, entire sky bill, entire phone bill....just the proportion attributed to their son.

£500 is roughly two thirds of what I pay for utilities and shopping for a family of 4 per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back