Ex-wife

Pisses me off stuff like this, you work your balls off whilst she takes your money and no doubt spends a proportion of it on herself the bitch.
When my ex got maintenance after I ditched the bitch, she started getting kitted out like fuck and using the sunbed shops with the dosh, never saw much to show for the bairns considering the money she was getting. I wish the CSA would ask for receipts to prove the money is spent on supporting the bairns and not themselves.

She's doing my head in.

Tried to keep it civilised for sake of my lad. He'll be finished secondary next year when all the madness can stop.

Latest is he's brought a letter home from college about a ski trip. Great value and a great opportunity for him. She's kicked off saying he should pay for it himself.

Her logic is:
She gives him £120 a month and from that he has to buy his own clothes, haircuts, nights out and teenager stuff. She reckons he can pay for his own ski trip.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.

Is she taking the piss or am I out of touch with how much it costs to feed a 17 year old?
They’re all mental mate
End of thread

500 isn't that bad tbh, but think eyess being harsh on the boy, only young once and so fuck of he's spent his money, at some point he'll have an ex wife to pay so let the lad enjoy some good times.

Wish I got that much for our kids :eek: my ex husband only pays £240 a month maintenance and that's for 2.
But I suppose he pays something which is more that a lot of absent parents do.

They’re all mental mate
End of thread

Not sure if this was said tongue in cheek or not but my ex husband walked out on me when I was 10 weeks pregnant with our son He left me to bring up our 3 kids alone. My oldest was 11, my middle one was 9 (she is severely mentally and physically disabled) and my son was born 30 weeks later. This was 10 years ago and I have brought them up myself since then. I am certainly not mental but he bloody well is. For all the hard work they are he has missed out on absolutely everything. He doesn't deserve to have such fantastic kids.

Last edited:
Wish I got that much for our kids :eek: my ex husband only pays £240 a month maintenance and that's for 2.
But I suppose he pays something which is more that a lot of absent parents do.

Not sure if this was said tongue in cheek or not but my ex husband walked out on me when I was 10 weeks pregnant with our son He left me to bring up our 3 kids alone. My oldest was 11, my middle one was 9 (she is severely mentally and physically disabled) and my son was born 30 weeks later. This was 10 years ago and I have brought them up myself since then. I am certainly not mental but he bloody well is. For all the hard work they are he has missed out on absolutely everything. He doesn't deserve to have such fantastic kids.
Well done
Obviously not all x

save the monkey you give her by letting him live with you
What if it turns out that he actually does eat like a bin wagon?

Although the 500 quid a month thing would have me raging.

Giving a 15/16 year old 120 quid a month..... am I out of touch thinking that's high?
That's what he'll be spending it on. :lol:

I'm no expert - but can you not give him £500 direct instead.

I'd have loved that if my Dad gave me £500 a month at 17.
When you were that age you could probably have bought a decent sized castle and loads of peasants with that.

He gives her a monkey. Nee wonder if costs so much, the price of nuts and bananas.
There's no need to be like that mate. We enjoy as varied a diet as most apes.

A week?

£3.5k a month?

I'd have been dead.
:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Loads of factors
Each others income for starters
I pay my way and I never realised how much of a skin flint my ex was but she is
I earn less then give her some but if something comes up for my son I just sort it myself .Worth every penny

She's doing my head in.

Tried to keep it civilised for sake of my lad. He'll be finished secondary next year when all the madness can stop.

Latest is he's brought a letter home from college about a ski trip. Great value and a great opportunity for him. She's kicked off saying he should pay for it himself.

Her logic is:
She gives him £120 a month and from that he has to buy his own clothes, haircuts, nights out and teenager stuff. She reckons he can pay for his own ski trip.

I've asked her what happens to the rest of the money I give her every month (£500). She says that's what she's needs to look after him.

Is she taking the piss or am I out of touch with how much it costs to feed a 17 year old?
both right, on £120 a month he should pay for his trip as it's such a good deal it can't be that expensive

on the other hand £500 for 1 kid............... she (or CSA) is taking the piss and it seems you're letting her (times like this will just prove the £500 is not being spent on the kid. Without kids she'd still have to pay mortgage/rent etc, and is she fuck paying £380 a month for just his grub)

I would want a breakdown of what she spends the £500 on, bear in mind you shouldn't be paying all of his living costs

In terms of the skiing trip get it paid for him, I went skiing with the school and it was class
How much does it cost to put the roof over his head? It’s not just about food and ski trips is it?

I'm sorry like 120 quid a month for a 17 year old who isn't working is class, when I was that age I would be over the moon with that.

Me mam never got any maintenance off me bastard of a dad, so whatever money I had to spend in me own time was money I had grafted for, I know parents like to give their bairns the best, but as a kid, I used to be fuming when one of me mates would get expensive watches, clothes etc bought for them, then they'd have little to no self awareness of it , while I was having to do three paper rounds and a milky a week to keep up

freebie and so they should.
It’s usually 1 free place for about 10-12 paying kids I think? I’ve tagged along on the back of some trips with my missus as a “responsible adult“ who is also a qualified teacher from the dim & distant past. The work they put in before and during the trips is mental. All the risk assessments, dealing with parents, ensuring all kids specific needs are covered, then the pressure of keeping them safe but also educated and entertained is a massive strain. Organising all the transportation, hotels, excursions even with the assistance of travel companies. Imagine for example checking in 40 teenagers for a Ryanair flight!

You inevitably get the clowns saying it’s just a free holiday for them when the reality is anything but.

She's doing my head in.

Her logic is:

How much is the ski trip like?

It’s usually 1 free place for about 10-12 paying kids I think? I’ve tagged along on the back of some trips with my missus as a “responsible adult“ who is also a qualified teacher from the dim & distant past. The work they put in before and during the trips is mental. All the risk assessments, dealing with parents, ensuring all kids specific needs are covered, then the pressure of keeping them safe but also educated and entertained is a massive strain. Organising all the transportation, hotels, excursions even with the assistance of travel companies. Imagine for example checking in 40 teenagers for a Ryanair flight!

You inevitably get the clowns saying it’s just a free holiday for them when the reality is anything but.

I know a now ex teacher who took his pupils away skiing every year for years , final straw for him was a girl got injured on the second last day , she was accompanied to hospital , flown back by air ambulance to Manchester and brought up to CLS by ambulance at all times he was there with her for support, the ambulance got back a few hours after the coach dropped the rest of the trip off at school, and all he got was grief off her parents who threatened to sue him and the school for neglecting the girl and letting her injure herself.

Never took another trip because of it .

You've answered your own question mate. She is.

Look at it this way - You are paying £500 for HIS maintenance. The normal assumption is that she should also contribute a similar amount - he is half hers, so to speak. So that's a grand a month to look after a 17-year old. She gives him £120 of it to pay for clothes, haircuts etc leaving her with £880 a month to pay for HIS food, light and heat. Really? Where the f@@k does she live, and what type of house? Where's she buying the bait? Harrods food court?

Essentially, as we can probably safely assume she's not matching what you pay, she's paying nowt towards his upkeep and relying on your £380 to pay for him - probably with a fair bit of it on herself anarl.

My eldest is in a similar situation with his ex and their daughter. He works every shift going and she bleeds him dry and contributes sweet f@@k all. Getting a job is not an option for her as it would interfere with her sitting up all night slagging him off on her phone. Then, when he gets home after night shift, he'll get a message saying he has to go to hers and look after the bairn 'cos she's too tired.

At least you've only go a few months of it to go - he's got another 16 years of it.
Surely he can say “fuck off, I’ve just finished work and I’m going to sleep.”
Then go and pick he’s bairn up at the agreed time.
If not then that’s what needs to happen.

He’s going to need at least £500 worth of skiing gear too.

Jacket, hat, gloves, trousers, socks, walking boots, scarf.

Tell him to get a milk round.

I give mine £600 a month for my two boys which is the CSA calculated amount, I also go halves on things like swimming lessons, school trips, tutor for the eldest etc. My mam also buys their school uniforms and other bits and pieces. But the lads still go around looking like clips. She has another two younger kids and has just bought another new car and I've no doubt that's where the money goes, but nowt you can do.

Doesn't seem far from fair enough tbh. Perhaps she could offer the lad a loan where he gets 90 a month for a year and a bit.

Back