English Fans singing no surrender

You know, if you really want to be unproductive and ignorant, why don't we ask what makes the IRA a terrorist organisation given that at this time they are inactive and don't even have any usable weapons?
How do you know this?

Am talking about common decency , respectful behaviour , why do the majority of football supporters who wouldn’t dream of singing crap like that at a game have to be tarred with the same brush as the yobs who do ? If fifa take action I applaud it , the sooner we eradicate that sort of behaviour the better.
Is the behaviour that bad though? I mean we sing a national anthem that talks about killing Scottish people. Other nations national anthems are violent...

I dont like no surrender to the ira bollocks. It's a cringeworthy. But is this all about a few of our support literally just saying no surrender during the national anthem? If so, what a load of nonsense. Could be no surrender to literally anything!

I don't. But I don't presume everyones a far right neo Nazi cos they sing it

I didn't presume that everyone who sings it is a far right neo-nazi. It is clearly a function of things like this that a hardcore if ringleaders will stir it up and a wider number of thickies join in the chant because they like tough sounding slogans about not surrendering.

But apparently you can't literally see in front of you the far right background to the chant and are assuming there is no such background. So, again, where is the background that the IRA is a terrorist organisation given that at this exact moment they do not appear to be involved in any terrorism?

I didn't presume that everyone who sings it is a far right neo-nazi. It is clearly a function of things like this that a hardcore if ringleaders will stir it up and a wider number of thickies join in the chant because they like tough sounding slogans about not surrendering.

But apparently you can't literally see in front of you the far right background to the chant and are assuming there is no such background. So, again, where is the background that the IRA is a terrorist organisation given that at this exact moment they do not appear to be involved in any terrorism?

What was the chant by the way?

They still seem pretty active to me:

Real Irish Republican Army - Wikipedia

What are you on about? It's clearly a function of things? How do you know all this?

The IRA were a terrorist organisation then. Doesn't matter, still horrible bastards

What was the chant by the way?
No surrender during god save the queen

What are you on about? It's clearly a function of things? How do you know all this?

The IRA were a terrorist organisation then. Doesn't matter, still horrible bastards

No surrender during god save the queen

So the "chant" isn't even necessarily anything to do with the IRA then, which makes Cockney Mackems point about it not being relevant as the IRA aren't particularly active a bit moot

Bit of a shit song and pretty irrelevant really however do people really get offended by this? :lol:
Welcome to the 21st century. Where every terrorist is a freedom fighter, religion does no wrong, the patriarchy controls what time you go for a shit and your mams also your dad

So the "chant" isn't even necessarily anything to do with the IRA then, which makes Cockney Mackems point about it not being relevant as the IRA aren't particularly active a bit moot
I think it's referencing no surrender to the IRA. I'm just wondering what's wrong with saying no surrender to a terrorist organisation

Back