English Fans singing no surrender

Seems a bit of background digging reveals FIFA have said nothing, this is theEnglish press showing its desperation to stop its plummeting circulation again - FIFA looking at a few things and that 'might be' one of them. Personally I can't see how it can be an issue unless there are clear 'yeah but we all know they mean...' type stuff around it which anyone reading this forum can see is clearly not the case. Surprised that England still haven't adopted a national anthem for sporting events rather than contenting themselves with the British one.

But no one is singing No Surrender to the Real IRA

So past history of the actions of the Irish republican movement remains relevant. But the past history of the far right in relation to football disorder isn't relevant any more?
Never said it wasn't, are you presuming they are all right wing thugs again?

FIFA's business is to stop fans making discriminatory chants or waving banners, it's part of the ongoing attempts to keep racism and homophobia out of football.

From the reports and official statement, the media are making an assumption the no surrender chants are among those being considered. So it seems the British press has decided the chant is discriminatory, we'll have to wait and see if FIFA agree.
Ah, I thought fifa had made a statement about it. So it could all be nothing... good times

i cannot think of any good england songs,the IRA and german songs were OK,20 and 40 years ago when they were still relevent to that era,the cumming home song was alright when the tournament did come home 1996,but not now,surely it wants putting to bed once and for all,the cheer up gordon strachan OMG, is being better than scotland something to shout about....actually probably is considering weve just been KO'd of the WC by a team ranked 24th in the world and finnished 2nd in their qualifying group behind our old foe's iceland.

So you're entirely unaware of the links between No Surrender and the far right and require this to be fully set out and information sourced before you will accept this as a factor?
Whilst you appear to be unaware that the Real IRA have changed their name to the New IRA and entirely unaware that they are still active ...

No.. I'm saying I don't think the people there that sung it are all far right fascists

You referred to it as just a song about not liking the IRA and said you couldn't see anything wrong with it, and seemed to be completely unaware of its links to far right violence and football disorder. Now you're saying that it's only a problem if everyone singing it is a member of a far right fascist organisation. The logical conclusion of your argument is that there's nothing wrong with burning a cross on a black family's front lawn if not all of the people involved are members of the KKK

Whilst you appear to be unaware that the Real IRA have changed their name to the New IRA and entirely unaware that they are still active ...

Not really, it's just that the rules of this debate are that you can require people to demonstrate at great length that something is an established fact before you accept that it exists

Last edited:
You referred to it as just a song about not liking the IRA and said you couldn't see anything wrong with it, and seemed to be completely unaware of its links to far right violence and football disorder. Now you're saying that it's only a problem if everyone singing it is a member of a far right fascist organisation. The logical conclusion of your argument is that there's nothing wrong with burning a cross on a black family's front lawn if not all of the people involved are members of the KKK

Not really, it's just that the rules of this debate are that you can require people to demonstrate at great length that something is an established fact before you accept that it exists
How the fuck is that the logical conclusion of that? Are you off your head. How is that even relateable in any way shape or form.
Although there are differences at every turn with that comparison. I'll just point out one... there's a difference between a black familys lawn and a terrorist organisation being a target.... just one small difference :lol::lol: ya mad heed.

How the fuck is that the logical conclusion of that? Are you off your head. How is that even relateable in any way shape or form.
Although there are differences at every turn with that comparison. I'll just point out one... there's a difference between a black familys lawn and a terrorist organisation being a target.... just one small difference :lol::lol: ya mad heed.

Your words. You're saying you don't have a problem with a song which has its origins in fascist violence at football grounds unless all the people singing it are actual fascists

Your words. You're saying you don't have a problem with a song which has its origins in fascist violence at football grounds unless all the people singing it are actual fascists
My words? No, not my words.... AT ALL

Where has this come from? Singing no surrender is a right wing fascist chant? News to me. It doesn't promote anything to do with right wing politics nor with fascism.

Back