English Fans singing no surrender

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Aituk7, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:35 AM.

1. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

Fifa are investigating it once again. I heard them sing it so it won't surprise me if Fifa have already found them guilty.

What I'm wondering is why is it any of fifas business... I know they don't like anything political but no mainstream political parties or countries have official ties to the IRA anymore. So does it really matter if they sing an anti terrorist song?

SAFCOldie likes this.
  2. Tin Soldier

Tin Soldier Striker

Stupid fucking irrelevant song and embarrassing now but because it's England singing it FIFA will get involved. If the Argies sing about the Falklands they won't

3. DH1 Mackem JN

DH1 Mackem JN Winger

Because it's us, 7 figure fine and expulsion from the next 3 tournaments

DrewC likes this.
  4. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

That's an actual dispute between two countries with representatives in fifa so I'd understand they can't sing about that but the IRA as far as I'm aware only connection with football is ensuring some people can never play it

5. Freedom of speech

Alcoholic_Author, DrewC and Aituk7 like this.
  6. Confucius

Confucius Striker

Every fucking national anthem is a political message

7. The Cabbage

The Cabbage Striker

Stupidity tax

DrewC and Oh Bugger like this.
  8. Flavonoids

Flavonoids Striker

I feel victimised by proxy.

9. Kingdom Bhoy

Kingdom Bhoy Striker

English players Dele Alli, Eric Dier and Raheem Sterling have been fined £50,000 each by FIFA for wearing non-slip Trusox over their official socks.

10. Mallard

Mallard Winger

The Bruce Springsteen song?

11. Mark E Smith

Mark E Smith Winger

You might wonder if it was deliberately timed to coincide with the Marching Season / Bogside unrest etc, but then that would require the perpetrators to have a single fucking brain cell between them.

12. They fined Argentina for homophobic chanting.

Slim999 likes this.
  13. forzamilansafc

forzamilansafc Striker

Considering its sang at every single England game (during the national anthem) you're wrong

roppa, safcrhys, Doberman and 3 others like this.
  14. DH1 Mackem JN

DH1 Mackem JN Winger

As above, heard it sang pretty much everytime England play

15. I can confirm that seeing/hearing some people singing this in the pub, they have no brains cells. In fact, I'm amazed they can dress themselves on a morning.

scraff, Gaggoears, BumbleBee and 4 others like this.
  16. Part 966 in the ongoing series, Things The Far Right Get Up To That @Aituk7 Assures Us Are Completely Harmless

17. By people that know nowt about the IRA in my experience

Monkey Hanger likes this.
  18. toosb

toosb Striker

The French national anthem is about cutting throats of the enemy. That's fine though obviously.

19. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Full Back

I've got no problem with it. I find myself singing it quite often actually, usually when I'm in Ireland and the people I'm with start belting out Fields of fucking Athenry.

gastap, safcrhys, goldie and 3 others like this.
  20. viccarlton

viccarlton Striker

Las Malvinas surely?

Purrfect South and manamamackem like this.